Geometry Wars 2

Eighthours

I knew he'd do it. your the bane of my friends list on GW2 bingo old chap. :( Beating me on every single game. ;)

Sorry. If it's any consolation MW Jimmy and Cheeko Robbins beat me on most games - so it's a pain I know!

I only got my King score because I was determined to beat my brother, he kept taunting me whenever he beat my score with voice messages saying 'Who's the King now?'.

Bit of a breakthrough tonight, got up to 5 mil (which is good for me!). Quick noob question about black holes - can you destroy them by shooting them or do you have to wait until they blow? I know you can 'shrink' them by shooting at them. I know bombs do it as well but I guess that means no bonus?

Bit of a breakthrough tonight, got up to 5 mil (which is good for me!). Quick noob question about black holes - can you destroy them by shooting them or do you have to wait until they blow? I know you can 'shrink' them by shooting at them. I know bombs do it as well but I guess that means no bonus?

i was wonderin' that too mate.

i was wonderin' that too mate.

Yup, black holes can be shot and destroyed, you will get lots of points for doing this if the blast radius destroys any nearby enemies. You need to get fairly close as the gravity tends to deflect your shots.

I hate you all. I can't get over 3million on deadline no matter how much I try to practice. I just seem to get worse the more I play. Even Astilius has gone past me now. :lol:

And in other news, I got Galaga Legions last night... there's a high score in the top right corner.... just my local one... it feels so empty & shallow & pointless. Leaderboard integration should be mandatory and all games should be forced to develop an update with it.

Goddamit!! 33 million!!!

*Quietly removes oinkster from friends list.*

wd m8.

gustocmf.png

Ha! I'd been away for a week, and was fuming that you'd pipped my 23 million. So I know how you feel!

Died twice on that run too.

If it's any consolation, I cannot get pacifism at all :-/

God, how long does it take to get any good at this?

Played deadline for ages today, and can't even crack 1m. Just keep dying too much and losing loads of time. Do you need a completely clean run to crack the 2-3m level? When do you use the bombs for best effect? Are there any basic Geom Wars tips, as I'm quite new to this?

So, basically if you want someone below you on your friends list, just add jonamok ! :D

God, how long does it take to get any good at this?

Played deadline for ages today, and can't even crack 1m. Just keep dying too much and losing loads of time. Do you need a completely clean run to crack the 2-3m level? When do you use the bombs for best effect? Are there any basic Geom Wars tips, as I'm quite new to this?

So, basically if you want someone below you on your friends list, just add jonamok ! :D

A clear run would get you about 40m I'd guess. 2-3m is very achievable even if you die several times.

I'm not really an expert on the mode, but here are my tips:

Don't use bombs unless it will save your life - you get no points for bombing enemies (but you still get the geoms).

Early on, concentrate on getting as many geoms as possible.

Later on concentrate on surviving, and killing as many enemies as you can.

Destroying black-holes detonates them which in turn destroys nearby enemies (you get many more points for killing things this way)

Ditto going through gates.

Dying does several things: Clears the screen of enemies, pauses before releasing more enemies, and slows the rate that enemies appear. Try not to die!

One specific tactic is to circle round the rim shooting in front of you, when you have enough enemies chasing you reverse back into them. You should be able to kill a load of enemies this way and pick up a hefty number of geoms.

A clear run would get you about 40m I'd guess. 2-3m is very achievable even if you die several times.

Don't use bombs unless it will save your life - you get no points for bombing enemies (but you still get the geoms).

Destroying black-holes detonates them which in turn destroys nearby enemies (you get many more points for killing things this way)

Dying does several things: Clears the screen of enemies, pauses before releasing more enemies, and slows the rate that enemies appear. Try not to die!

One specific tactic is to circle round the rim shooting in front of you, when you have enough enemies chasing you reverse back into them. You should be able to kill a load of enemies this way and pick up a hefty number of geoms.

Thanks mate. I'll try me some of that. 40m eh? :D

86m!? I mean, how? I've never played this before and am desperately trying to break the 2m barrier. It's fantastic fun but some of these scores read like people are playing completely different games.

Jonamok - I'll add you as a friend, it sounds like we're at roughly the same level!

There is a degree of luck involved, not regarding your own skill but rather the enemy spawns and such. Certainly by the time I'm in the third minute, a well placed black hole can net well over a million - I imagine the very best players will have sky-high multipliers by that point, and such black holes could well be netting them upto 5, 10 million at a time.

Ok - I'd say....

Use bombs when you've got a heap of dudes following you in the first minute - don't worry about shooting them, just get your multiplier as high as you can as quick as you can. Great if you can ram them through a gate, but don't sweat it if you can't in the first minute, just get the multiplier up.

As a guide - on my 33 million game, after the first min I had about 350 multiplier and about 1.5 million score, purely by doing this. I died twice in the final minute, but my final multiplier was something like 1300. The last minute is the one that counts, and as long as you haven't died too much before then and have a silly multiplier - you'll score.

But hey - what do I know! -_-