Geometry Wars 2

Eighthours

• 2 weeks later...

From what I remember, you should be able to get to 25 pretty easily, the last few get rather tight as like you say the enemies start moving quick than you, at that point there's a degree of luck involved with regards to where the zones pop up. Also remember the safe zones do block enemies momentarily if you get the angle right.

• 1 month later...
Finally got this, about 5 months too late. But still. It's sex. I must be some kind of gaming god, though, as I've gotten all Achievements bar two (Smile and the one where you have to reach the end of the game) in less than four hours. w00t

Only two left for me as well.

Finally got this, about 5 months too late. But still. It's sex. I must be some kind of gaming god, though, as I've gotten all Achievements bar two (Smile and the one where you have to reach the end of the game) in less than four hours. w00t

It's never too late to pick it up! I'm still playing it a few times a week even after all these months. Never did get Smile and Wax Off :/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...
9 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Just beat my high score in ‘Evolved’ 12 years later.

I was previously on 3.7m and just managed 8.2m! I wasn’t online though so it didn’t save :( Tried again and then got 12.7m!

I had a spell playing deadline last month, and finally managed to get past astilius into the 13m range. 98% of the time I crap out at 5m though. It’s definitely the case that there’s some scoring strategies I’m missing, or am too flustered to do under pressure.

On 22/11/2020 at 23:03, Kryptonian said:

Just beat my high score in ‘Evolved’ 12 years later.

I was previously on 3.7m and just managed 8.2m! I wasn’t online though so it didn’t save :( Tried again and then got 12.7m!

Nice one :). I too managed to beat my long standing (likely 10 years old) score on Deadline a few weeks ago, great feeling isn't it!!  Wish the game gave stat's as to how long you've played it for / how many times you've died etc. I'd be surprised if this wasn't my most played Xbox game!!     

On 22/11/2020 at 23:14, footle said:

I had a spell playing deadline last month, and finally managed to get past astilius into the 13m range. 98% of the time I crap out at 5m though. It’s definitely the case that there’s some scoring strategies I’m missing, or am too flustered to do under pressure.

Ah yes getting flustered really does screw things up doesn't it!! The way the music builds on deadline with you knowing it's getting closer to the end, the noise of certain things spawning etc all adds to the pressure!!!

Re the strategies side of it I'd say the first thing to get good at is the very start of the game as in those first few seconds there's not a great deal going on yet the clock is ticking!! Straight off the bat I'm killing things as quickly as possible (I try to flow from one enemy to another whilst returning to the middle of the screen after a kill so the next enemy isn't a full screen width / height away) whilst also collecting the little score multiplier thingies (I'm sure they were called gnomes but have just googled it and can't find their name now). This tactic of early doors quick clearing and collecting Xs in turn ups the spawn rate and the points per kill putting me in good stead for a decent score. I aim to get 100 multiplier in the fist 30s and then somewhere around 250-300 (and have seen 400+) by the time a minute's up. There are other things to getting a good score (use of gates / black holes) but if you're perhaps not getting the best out of the opening minute then it'll deffo be holding you back :)

7 hours ago, womble9 said:

Nice one :). I too managed to beat my long standing (likely 10 years old) score on Deadline a few weeks ago, great feeling isn't it!!  Wish the game gave stat's as to how long you've played it for / how many times you've died etc. I'd be surprised if this wasn't my most played Xbox game!!     

Ah yes getting flustered really does screw things up doesn't it!! The way the music builds on deadline with you knowing it's getting closer to the end, the noise of certain things spawning etc all adds to the pressure!!!

Re the strategies side of it I'd say the first thing to get good at is the very start of the game as in those first few seconds there's not a great deal going on yet the clock is ticking!! Straight off the bat I'm killing things as quickly as possible (I try to flow from one enemy to another whilst returning to the middle of the screen after a kill so the next enemy isn't a full screen width / height away) whilst also collecting the little score multiplier thingies (I'm sure they were called gnomes but have just googled it and can't find their name now). This tactic of early doors quick clearing and collecting Xs in turn ups the spawn rate and the points per kill putting me in good stead for a decent score. I aim to get 100 multiplier in the fist 30s and then somewhere around 250-300 (and have seen 400+) by the time a minute's up. There are other things to getting a good score (use of gates / black holes) but if you're perhaps not getting the best out of the opening minute then it'll deffo be holding you back :)

Geoms :lol:

One of my all time favourites, the first game was my first ever digital purchase on XBLA. Still haven’t managed to complete Sequence :( Really glad they put them all on BC even the cross-generational GW3.

Yeah would be great to see the number of hours played, hasn’t the Switch and PS5 got this feature now?

1 hour ago, ymaohyd said:

Geoms :lol:

One of my all time favourites, the first game was my first ever digital purchase on XBLA. Still haven’t managed to complete Sequence :( Really glad they put them all on BC even the cross-generational GW3.

Yeah would be great to see the number of hours played, hasn’t the Switch and PS5 got this feature now?

Did I imagine that name or have I got it mixed up with something else, I know it rings a bell!?!

And yeah I'm pretty sure the Switch does some sort of game play time tracking thingy, shame it's not on here. I did just pop this on for a quick look to see if I had any achievements yet to get and you're there on my leaderboards where you've smashed me on Sequence....gaming gauntlet picked up!! 

Oh and look what happened just as I was finishing typing the above....

IMG_0290.thumb.jpg.d8bfa6ef89b44d93e08c94d52f1450c5.jpg

:D.

Yeah it’s Geoms not gnomes so you’re close.

Haha, that’s not actually me playing, I gave my login to a friend so they can access all my digital content and this is the game I said they should try and they’ve got well into it.

I recently found out that you can be logged in on the same profile on the Xbox One and 360 at the same time but after downloading/loading a game they switch to their gamertag so all saved games/achievements don’t affect my profile.

I do still love dipping into it now and again but not sure I’ll be able to get near any of my previous scores now.