Geometry Wars 2

Uzi

Just scored a 58m on sequence - its similar to Pacman CE but with so many more variables its crazy.

I mean, whilst stage 1 has 3 types of AI the scores range from 5,000 to something like 200,000 and its so deceptive. A milkers game.

Just scored a 58m on sequence - its similar to Pacman CE but with so many more variables its crazy.

I mean, whilst stage 1 has 3 types of AI the scores range from 5,000 to something like 200,000 and its so deceptive. A milkers game.

Is there really any point milking that first stage? I mean, in the grand scheme of it the score is near irrelevant and the multiplier increase doesn't look significant either. Later on when you do have the opportunity to crank things up, it's more a struggle not to screw up rather than how you can make the most of it.

I don't know to be honest.

I mean you only milk the blackhole levels - but its important that you destroy the ones that have aborbed the AI - that way the first will destroy the rest and give you the x5 on the spinning ones which have the highest score. Every Geom helps as they're so easy to miss, esp. on waves like stage 2 where your first attack is cornering the yellows, and then you finish with the blues that are scattered everywhere.

Unless your competent on later levels then i think milking those early ones certainly helps.

For people still learning, you need to aim for at least 600 geoms by the end of the first row. Certainly 70+ is possible milkng the first level.

Also its easy to use a smart bomb to clear a level thats too hard but remember that if you wipe out all the AI you won't have enough time to collect all the geoms whereas if you shoot everything, your usually passing through them anyway. And you lose your score.

My Gamertag is ProfSFrink if anyone wants to add me i'll add a few of you later as I don't have many people on my friend list playing this.

Loving this game so far managed 26 Million on Pacifism so far I'm not great at deadline I can only get about 2 Million in it so far.

Sequence 89m (in the top 200 yay!)

Pacifism 135m

Sequence is my most played mode. Working out the best strategies on each level is something I enjoy (similar to 'The Club'). It took me a while to realise that bombs don't help that much, and also to not to shoot all the time. Most levels still have me stumped though.

Usertag is Bingox if anyone wants to add me.

Noticed you'd crept up Bingox, I'm sure you were delighted to see me get 97m on Sequence just after that :) I did my usual trick of having an amazing run, then noticing my score was big and then fcuking it up, I'd cleared every screen successfully upto the last 5 then screwed it totally, should've been clear of 100m easily.

Pacifism I've hit a psychological wall too, trying to beat a 265m score, I had 5 goes earlier and three of them I scored over 200m and I still haven't beaten that score, does my head in, by that point it's pretty much one gate that will do it.

When's jonster gonna be back on it? I've beaten all his scores bar Waves now.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing this quite a bit recently:

Deadline - 14,177,900

King - 6,614,515

Evolved - 58,471,900

Pacifism - 88,838,975

Waves - 7,427,850

Sequence - 79,610,185

I had an idea for a high scores thread with a table for each mode and 1st in each gets 5 points, second gets 4 points etc. Then one league table for total points. Not sure if enough people are actually playing this still for it to be worth it though. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll put it together.

Been playing this quite a bit recently:

Deadline - 14,177,900

King - 6,614,515

Evolved - 58,471,900

Pacifism - 88,838,975

Waves - 7,427,850

Sequence - 79,610,185

I had an idea for a high scores thread with a table for each mode and 1st in each gets 5 points, second gets 4 points etc. Then one league table for total points. Not sure if enough people are actually playing this still for it to be worth it though. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll put it together.

I'm interested, but only cause I've got 33 mil on deadline.... :lol:

Hi, I'm new to the forums. Saw your GW2 thread here and figured why not post? I'm in love with this game and have lately been trying to break into the top 100 leaderboard spots as a fun thing to do in lieu of being a productive member of society. Most of the folks on my friends list aren't active in GW currently, and why not compete with random strangers really.

Deadline: 53M (<-- luuck)

King: 11M

Retro: 89M

Pacifism: ~750M

Waves: 8M

Sequence: 112M

I dig all the modes but have been spending the most time recently playing Deadline. It's been fun trying to crack the optimal tactics for each mode, and I still have a lot to learn; nerdy tactical analysis discussions welcome!

Hi, I'm new to the forums. Saw your GW2 thread here and figured why not post? I'm in love with this game and have lately been trying to break into the top 100 leaderboard spots as a fun thing to do in lieu of being a productive member of society. Most of the folks on my friends list aren't active in GW currently, and why not compete with random strangers really.

Deadline: 53M (<-- luuck)

King: 11M

Retro: 89M

Pacifism: ~750M

Waves: 8M

Sequence: 112M

I dig all the modes but have been spending the most time recently playing Deadline. It's been fun trying to crack the optimal tactics for each mode, and I still have a lot to learn; nerdy tactical analysis discussions welcome!

You've got me beat on pretty much everything! Feel free to add me.

Bingox.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...