Austin Powers 4

Goose

As mentioned in the box office thread when The Love Guru was released and flopped, Myers would now return to the characters of Austin Powers and Dr Evil. Today it's been confirmed that he will. I enjoyed the first movie a great deal but the second two were terrible, save for the opening moments of part three. I like the idea of focusing on Dr Evil and his son Scott but I don't have much faith in Myers at the moment. And for god's sake, someone tell him Verne Troyer and all that crap isn't funny. Goodness.

----------------------------

/Flm

Following the epic disaster that was The Love Guru, Mike Myers is going back to well and is writing a fourth Austin Powers movie with Baby Mama’s Mike McCullers. According to Nikki Finke, the story will be “very personal with a father and son theme loosely based on his own life.” That’s right, the story will focus on the father son relationship of Dr. Evil and his son Scott Evil, played in the films by Seth Green. I always found Dr. Evil to be the most interesting aspect of the series. But I think they have played out the character in the two sequels, and I’m very skeptical that Myers can create a funny fourth film without having to resort to cheap laughs like tons of celebrity cameos.

No studio deal is in place, but it’s a sequel and I’m sure New Line/Warner Bros will quickly give it a greenlight. But the real question is: has Mike Myers lost it? And more importantly to the movie studios, is Myers still a box office draw? I think the Austin Powers brand still has enough juice to attact audiences, at least one last time.

Seth Green should step away, don't let his name be brought down in such a desperate way.

I liked the first one, but watching it now, actually watching it years ago, I just found it to be cringe worthy. I think it became a bit of a victim of its own success.

If someone were to say 'Shagadelic' to you today, how would you feel... It's not funny to hear now, the same way 'Whazzzzuuuup' isn't funny.

I thought the second film was an improvement of the first, a good development of the idea. The third though was awful, I sat through the cinema cringing the whole way through. I think it suffered the same way one would now, Austin Powers had it's time in the 90's and that time has well and truly gone.

I could be wrong, but I don't see the Love Guru to be anything different that Austin Powers under a different name, and see how that performed.

Austin Powers movies could be great if they brought in a good writer for the main story and hung all the jokes off that. He should bring in the Farrelly brothers because their method is perfect. They always have a script that would still be an excellent movie if you took all the jokes out.

Seth Green should step away, don't let his name be brought down in such a desperate way.

Seth Green's career is on a bit of a downward spiral. He has been appearing in less and less these past 3 years so I would have thought he needs something big like this.

Seth Green's career is on a bit of a downward spiral. He has been appearing in less and less these past 3 years so I would have thought he needs something big like this.

Robot Chicken is back next month, and he's involved with a number of movies.

Yeah, he needs typecasting, that'll help his career.

Also, I can see Mike Myers going the same way as Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin. He needs something very new now.

Myers has been living off Austin Powers since 1997, along with his voice work for Shrek. He's got nothing else of note, apart from The Cat with the Hat, that wasn't related to the aforementioned since then. Even the Keith Moon project seems to have stalled again.

He was pretty good in 54 wasn't he?

Dammit!

Comedian Mike Myers has shot down fans' hopes for a third Wayne's World movie - just two weeks after reuniting with co-star Dana Carvey for the 2008 MTV Movie Awards.

The funny duo teamed up once more as characters Wayne and Garth for a hilarious skit at the awards show earlier this month, but Myers insists the reunion was just for old time's sake.

He says, "It's a wonderful idea and I loved doing these characters, but no."

Myers insists the awards show skit just allowed fans to get "caught up" in the nostalgia of the two hit Wayne's World films and he has no plans to follow it up with a Waynes World 3.

The original Wayne's World was released in 1992, and the sequel - Wayne's World 2 - hit cinemas in 1993.

Thing is a Waynes World 3 could work really nicely in the same way that Clerks 2 did, catching up with the characters after all this time and seeing what has and hasn't changed. Although possibly that wouldn't work so well seeing as Clerks is far more grounded in reality than Waynes World was.

Odd that Waynes World actually improved as a series of films as they went on and Austin Powers nosedived into a heap of shit.

Thing is a Waynes World 3 could work really nicely in the same way that Clerks 2 did, catching up with the characters after all this time and seeing what has and hasn't changed. Although possibly that wouldn't work so well seeing as Clerks is far more grounded in reality than Waynes World was.

Odd that Waynes World actually improved as a series of films as they went on and Austin Powers nosedived into a heap of shit.

Wayne and Garth in a sea of boybands and manufactured pop and they have to bring back the ROCK.

Bonus points if there is a cameo by Chad Kroger from Nickleback and he ends up getting punched the chops.

Dear god, why? AP3 was a terrible, terrible film. I too cringed my way through it after enjoying the first film which - Like Wayne's World - had some truly brilliant scenes (the guard standing in front of the steamroller had me crying at the time). Whilst the second film added a bit more drama and plot, it relied to heavily on the same jokes and stooped even lower with Fat Bastard and turd jokes. Even in the 90s it felt a bit childish. The third film had great eye-candy with Beyonce, but who looked so uncomfortable 'acting' (and I use that term loosely), a terrible script and once again an over-reliance on Verne Troyer. Yeah, he's short! Wow! It makes you wonder if Myers has adopted him or something...

It's a shame, really, but the more films he's done you do wonder if he just can't come up with something consistently good throughout the running-length of a feature. For me, Wayne's World 2 is the pinnicle of his career - with clever comedy (the dubbed-fighting scene, Charlton Heston's cameo are two scenes of real genius), a better plot, good pacing and it generally hangs together better. Only Austin Powers has come close.

I think it's interesting that the only other notable thing he's done of late is the Shrek-stuff, and when I saw the first film I didn't even know it was him. He didn't play Mike Myers playing Shrek, if you get what I mean.

But as somebody has said, he needs a reinvention - his Bowfinger or Dr Doolittle - if he is to survive.

I dunno what's wrong with you people, the Austin Power's series just got better and better, I thought the third one was funny as hell and a good point at which to end it all. Not seen the Love Guru, looks rubbish tbh, but I generally like Mike Myers.

I dunno what's wrong with you people, the Austin Power's series just got better and better, I thought the third one was funny as hell and a good point at which to end it all. Not seen the Love Guru, looks rubbish tbh, but I generally like Mike Myers.

Whats wrong with us? Most of us have good taste in movies :lol: