IGNORED

The Stargate Thread

ThePinkNinja

My favourite quote was when O'Neill was contacting Hammond - "you might want to push 1 on the speed dial (implying he should call the president)"; Hammond says, "My grandchildren?"

And later on with Thor on the Prometheus (same ep as the one mentioned by podger); they had just arrived and discovered the replicators had sped up time...

O Neill: "I full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually."

Thor: "We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall."

• 2 weeks later...
Yay stargate universe sounds just like atlantis but with a younger cast. Haven't they learned from the mistakes of atlantis. the problem is that the series is stale because essentially they just used reworked charatcres from SG-1 (although mckay is fucking god).It pains me to say this as I really like stargate but just making the next series essentially a yonuger version of Voyager is not a good idea. Who knows though it may turn out good.

Agreed, the best episode involving him IMO is Season 3 Episode 14 "The Tao of Rodney". I admit i've missed some episodes of Atlantis though, so feel free to correct me if there's a better one.

• 2 weeks later...

Truth be told, they should've all been blinded by the original nuke ex(im?)plosion.

Not forgetting the radiation exposure from the remainder of the explosion, especially to John and Radek.

The suit unveiling though.... woah!!!! It did always seem puzzling why they, an entire race who was super advanced, would just give up and end their lives prematurely, even if they had exhausted all options.

I hated that episode. (Ok, not hated, but severly disliked).

Ah yes. Teyla gets 3 lines. Lovely.

Traveler ships can now beat Asgard in a fight? Wow.

Ronon sabotages the ship, and then Keller basically bitches at him for dooming them all (how was he to know?)

Someone forgot to hire Skinner for two episodes. :)

Writers - you like Firefly, we get it. But trying to make a Kaylee-lite just serves to remind us how much better Firefly was than this show.

I realise that writers are trying to live out their old high school Jock envy by letting the dweeby hot girl fall for the nerd over the tough/macho/hot guy, but that last scene was painful.

I don't know, there's been something between Keller and McKay for a while now, since the alternate life thing where they left Atlantis together.

TBH, I prefer an episode the less lines they give Teyla, I hate her face, her voice, her personality. I actually hate the actress not just the character.

That twist though.. wow I just didn't expect that at all!

Haha, not really to do with the show but I just had a rep come in at work that was the spitting imgae of General Landry. I sat there trying to think of who he looked like and then it came to me. Showed the other guys in the office, they all agreed, quite amusing.

Also, 5x12 was utter, complete tosh. How filler can you possibly get?

5x13 is worse.

It's a clip show, but the framing mechanism doesn't make much sense (minor spoilers)

Why not ask the 2 Pegasus Natives for some testimony. Let Ronon/Teyla have more screen time!

Still...any episode with more Lorne is always welcome :P

• 2 weeks later...