Batman: Arkham Asylum

Harsin

This game will change lives.

People who did not like Batman that much, but thought he was alright, will now like Batman. More than before. And people who did like Batman, but thought the game was going to be alright, will have their world rocked.

Batman.

Well, I decided I didn't need a plastic Batarang in my life & went for the standard edition from Game's website so I could redeem some of my Reward Points.

I have'nt ordered from their website for some time though, so are they still good at sending stuff out on release day?

IGN Review - 9.3

Batman: Arkham Asylum is the greatest comic book videogame of all time. This is an adult Dark Knight story that is well-told, packs some truly fun gameplay elements, has topnotch voice talent, and feel like it's part of Batman cannon. If I have to nitpick, I wish the cutscenes looked better as they can distract from the tale and that the AI was a bit more responsive, but those are tiny flaws that shouldn't distract from the big picture.

Rocksteady nailed what Batman is supposed to feel like. Fans, rejoice.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1016585p1.html

IGN Video Review - May contain SPOILERS

I love all the different take-downs I'm finding just in the demo alone, I hope that the full game will give me even more ways to take down goons during the silent predator sections. Breaking through the glass and taking down an armed henchman, alerting the other goons then silently taking them all down one by one is just an awesome "I'm Batman" feeling.

I'm glad to see that this is turning out well for Rocksteady. Firstly I love Batman so it's great to see a good Batman game but also because they're an underrated studio as Urban Chaos:Riot Response was fucking awesome, i'd love a sequel.

Finally arrived..time to see what all the fuss is about.

Edit -Wow - Half life, Bioshock, Metroid and Metal Gear but feels like its own game - wonderful pacing, great dialogue, great controls - they've actually done it.

-2% in at the hour mark and it's already easily the best use of a licence I've seen (not just comic book), but as many have said, it just holds its own as a game.

-Played through the demo parts (not the same order here) fought a boss and am tracing some guy via his breath at the mo' - loads of stuff I can't access right now,

upgraded my stuff to include remote -control batarang (controls are really polished)

Once again - wow - what a surprise.

This is awesome fun - I keep finding myself re-setting rooms to do 'perfects' - even on normal, you will get shot if your in the open for a few seconds..those worrying about a challenge really shouldn't. That said, I haven't felt this much of a complete badass since Master Chief.

The music is also fantastic - kicking in when things suddenly take a twist or even when just scaling an elevator shaft - really cinematic and done really well.

I'd imagine they'll be a few more of these, as it's going to sell a ton - if you like Batman, you're going to go nuts over this - feels like being part of a good comic book.. the best part.