FUEL - Openworld racer from Codemasters

NecroMorrius

Yeah. I probably misunderstood something along the way. Haven't got my copy yet, hopefully will be waiting for me at home this evening.

I don't recall vista points working this way (and yeah it's a shame you don't get a nice camera on reaching them - don't get me started ...). Helipads are the main way you move around the world, there are lots of them and you only need reach proximity to one to have direct access to it later.

If it's technically possible now, Codemasters should produce a Pilotwings-type game in a world like that!

We have a serious shortage of games in that genre!

That would certainly be challanging with the amount of windfarms you have.

:(

Thanks for the opinions earlier on folks, I took a gamble with this and picked up the PS3 version at lunchtime.

One last question about the multiplayer free roam, how do you happen upon other players? Does it work like TDU where you just drive around and "meet" other drivers, or does it depend whereabouts you are on the map and the nearest players online become visible and you can challenge them to races?

Bit of both, in public free roam you're constantly dropping out of and entering sessions so you see more people if you continue to new areas, but you can have a private session too where other people stick with your session regardless of distance.

I don't recall vista points working this way (and yeah it's a shame you don't get a nice camera on reaching them - don't get me started ...).

You know, I'd completely convinced myself that you got a nice "cutscene" at Vista Points. I think I'd seen some nice screenshots in previews taken from VPs and put it together that way in my head. Shame.

You know, I'd completely convinced myself that you got a nice "cutscene" at Vista Points. I think I'd seen some nice screenshots in previews taken from VPs and put it together that way in my head. Shame.

Well, least you can pan the camera around...

Hi Gents, this is more aimed at the people sitting on the fence. Got my copy from play today and I have only played about 15 minutes...but what a 15 minutes. This game as our American cousins would say rocks !. The handling feels right, the environment is a sight to behold and the graphics are not to shabby.

It is one of those games where I would love to obtain every achievement and I sure do not regret my investment. Definitely an Edge 8 and not a Eurogamer 5 and to me there seem to be more of a sense of freedom than TDU (which I loved)

Play sent me some customization codes, I am not sure if they are generic but I will post them on here later letter for fellow members to give it a shot as they might just work.

This game is blatantly unfinished. Either that, or the presentation guy (work experience kid) was pretending to work from home while actually sitting in the pub all day getting wankered.

You see, presentation-wise, this is the worst major release I've seen in ages, and seeing as the dev has been working on it for - what, four years? - it seems clear to me that the final polishing must have been cut short / not happened. The menus are terrible, the loading times abysmal, and the loading screens themselves are really, really ugly. It seems that there's a load for everything in this game, and design-wise, everything just smells of cheap. And the music... my god, the music. It's that horribly generic thrash guitar bollocks that some mid-budget US racing game devs seem to adore, but everyone in the real world absolutely despises. Oh, and the lack of a rear-view is beyond unfathomable.

Which is a shame, because the game itself seems like a bit of a rough diamond. While the decision to have freeride mode offline by default is crazy (you need to connect to Live in the menus to go online, it seems) and the visuals vary from dodgy to quite pretty, the actual gameplay is, half an hour in, already pretty nice. I assume it's only going to get better, and I also assume that when playing online with people, it's going to be really rather good fun.

But I can see why it got the 5 from EG, to be honest. Hopefully I'll soon be able to see more why it got the 8 from Edge. I look forward to playing more, despite the flaws.

All codes -

Vehicle Warrior : 18041851

Paint flash mudhog : 17121973

Paint moto Sludgeray : 18021974

Character Helmet "Camo" Code : 48992519

Character Jacket "Road Addict" Code : 20061977

Character Trousers "Speed Angel" Code : 91031985

Is it just me, or is night time so fucking dark you guys cant see a thing either?

I'm playing on 360 and the game as a whole seemed very dark. But the in-game brightness setting is set really low so I ramped it up and it isn't so bad now. I must admit I'm curious to see the PS3 version as supposedly it has better lighting.

This is VERY close to being traded in. Its Shit, guys.

but.. I cant be arsed to go and trade it, so i'll rinse it for points. but Its still SHIT

Dynamic weather? next gen? My Arse.

Its all very Simplistic. Looks like a Wii game in places.

PURE makes this look so bollocks, its amazing.

This is VERY close to being traded in. Its Shit, guys.

but.. I cant be arsed to go and trade it, so i'll rinse it for points. but Its still SHIT

Dynamic weather? next gen? My Arse.

Its all very Simplistic. Looks like a Wii game in places.

PURE makes this look so bollocks, its amazing.

You really don't like it ? I Must say I never played pure so I can't compare the 2 games but I am enjoying this.

I didn't like the demo of Pure because I found the tricks too overcomplicated. I'm looking for a simpler experience here. I just want to drive around, relax and do the odd race and challenge.

Not long until I'll be playing my copy, finally. I'll be sure to put up some impressions after a few hours with it.

Im really enjoying this. Get past a few gripes like it being too easy and the music being shit, and the graphics being rough around the edges, and i think it is quite charming.

Nice relaxing game to play