Football Manager 2009

redbloodcell

The system requirments are noticeably steeper for fm09, thanks to the 3d engine I suppose. I can play a huge load of leagues on large database on my laptop on 08, yet now it barely meets minimum (only on the graphics card and RAM, maybe you can completely disable the 3d or something). That's kinda crap.

The system requirments are noticeably steeper for fm09, thanks to the 3d engine I suppose. I can play a huge load of leagues on large database on my laptop on 08, yet now it barely meets minimum (only on the graphics card and RAM, maybe you can completely disable the 3d or something). That's kinda crap.

Yeah you can definitly choose to view the matches as before. So i'd imagine the specs needed for the 3D stuff would only come into play if you wanted it.

Dealing stocks and shares and buying cars and real estate = wtf.

Heh, that's what I thought too.

And in every one of those screens there is just too much going-on; I like the idea of little snapshots of other info dotted-about, but that's overkill. Apart from the clutter, it has a 'clean' look about it. But you'd hope that things like personal fortune are largely irrelevant - let's hope they aren't tied-in to anything important.

And Disciple, I'm sure you're aware that there is a lot of open hostility to the 3D engine on the SI forums, even though you don't ever need to use it.

Nah I liked FIFA Manager. IT's clean and easy to see for me. Not too much info at all. Looks professional and ace.

Also I put those screens in there exactly so you'd all scoff at them. Cos, actually, that's cool fun stuff to do.

Baaa, Diz, Baaa :lol:

Really looking forward this years version. I got everyone since, well forever but I couldn't really get into the last two versions for some reason or an other. This years does look interesting though and they've done loads of work and testing on the match engine due to FM Live so I'm hoping we see the benefits for that.

Not too fussed about the 3d engine as I still don't use the 2d one in FM08. I prefer to be old school with text only commentary. The one thing I am intrigued about is the tactics side. I felt they took most of the fun from making tactics when the removed the 'with ball' & 'without ball' tactics screen. Never really been able to grasp the new way in making tactics.

Also Disciple, those screenshots look shocking! :(

I hope older players get a little more leeway in the new FM. It seemed that once any player gets to around 32/33, they're immediately over the hill. Paolo Maldini may not be as sprightly as he once was, but when I start as Milan I don't buy that he's only fit for Serie C.

Also Disciple, those screenshots look shocking! :D

What because they're not what you're used to - not spreadsheet enough?! :(

Hey new CM screenshots too...looking much better these days!

416_2_L.jpg

416_4_L.jpg

416_3_L.jpg

Okay that's enough game v game comparison from me. I'm unlikely to purchase any of these life-stealers this time around, what with the glut of Xbox games I've got on the go...

Screenshots tell you absolutely nothing though. If they've nailed down all the bugs and honed the balance in long-term games FM2009 will be a classic. Demo is available at 1 minute past midnight on Sunday through Steam and SI if anyone missed the news.

Screenshots tell you absolutely nothing though.

They when are all the FM fans going on about them, and why do they oft criticise other games when "theirs looks better". I left that pitch open, soz :(

If they've nailed down all the bugs and honed the balance in long-term games FM2009 will be a classic.

That would make a change! :(

Can they steal any more from NSS? :wub: Ok, so it doesn't have stocks and shares...

Hey, flattery man, flattery! ;)

Been playing it about an hour now, really liking the 3-d engine although some of the movements look a little dodgy. Looking forward to getting properly stuck into this, there seems to be some nice little touches sprinkled about.

Really like the little colour markers by the players showing how well the play the positions they're put in, good idea that!

So many injuries are making the game hard. SI have confirmed a release day patch to fix those though, and most likely some other things.

Started as Liverpool, and signed Henry from Barcelona, he is amazing. Started 2, come off the bench twice, scored 5. :o Only cost £13million too. Would have cost at least double that on the last one, so hopefully this new transfer system is a little less expensive.

I've been burned for a few years on this on how buggy it is on release, so will hold on. Plus, as a lower league manager (Southport in the BSN is my supported team), I've only just got a real grip on 08, the challenge with a small team is bigger, and it takes a huge number of seasons to get it right with a LL team. Think I will do as I do with Madden and skip a year, love FM but have just got the last game after about 20 years of lower league play

Why not import the save game then?

If thats aimed at me, FM08 save games won't import to 09. Never been an option. Demo FM09 games will work, but FM is always released with tons of bugs that the team simply have not found, they can't test enough. The major patch comes 3/4 months down the line and it has always been worth restarting the game to get the full benefit.

No blame on SI there, but for that last 10 years the community has driven the first patch simply through volume of play. And we are happy to do it as we know the developers want to make this the best possible game, they never release it saying its perfect.

Balance is fucked.

I'm Arsenal, unbeaten in December, half of my goals have come from DFKs, all 4 front-line strikers have received long-term injuries, press-conferences are boring and annoying.

Still addictive, mind, but more frustrating than ever.

...strange that, SI were saying how their engine had been tweaked and balanced over the last year as it was being used on the FM Live game...

...strange that, SI were saying how their engine had been tweaked and balanced over the last year as it was being used on the FM Live game...

Well I have no complaints at all about the FML match engine. Everything seems very natural and more believable than FM in previous years.

Oh yeah, buy FM Live people!