IGNORED

Football Manager 2009

redbloodcell

duffyma! A fellow Southport fan! I'll be doing exactly the same. £12.50 is an absolute steal.

Wow, with only a thousand of us in the stands, what were the chances that there are 2 of us on here. Big game today, need to get some momentum back

Looks like the pirates have it the easiest of anyone. Again

I heard that SI released versions on torrents that don't work properly - you get sacked after a year and you can't avoid it. Anybody know if that's true?

Back OT, it'll be interesting to see what first-day/week retail sales are like (not that we'll probably get told), given that I think it's been pushed as being on Steam quite heavily. Wonder if we'll hear what the online sales are like? As each version always seems to do better than the previous one, I wonder if that will still hold true?

That's the no.1 I would have picked. Tonton Moukoko in the hole behind the strikers was the most effective player I've ever seen in the entire series. The strikers didn't score too many in comparison, but he was good for 30+ goals a season.

Some other old favourites of mine were Phillippe Christanval (when he was a promising youngster in the Monaco reserves) and Davide Possanzini, who had a ridiculously good assist rate.

Tó Madeira was a huge favourite of mine. I swiped him for BK Hacken in the Swedish Superettan, and promptly went on to great things culiminating in a UEFA Cup win. Then I quit and went to manage in the conference because I figured it would be funny.

Also, Carl Laurie and Mark Smith were defensive gods in CM3.

Tó Madeira was a huge favourite of mine. I swiped him for BK Hacken in the Swedish Superettan, and promptly went on to great things culiminating in a UEFA Cup win. Then I quit and went to manage in the conference because I figured it would be funny.

Also, Carl Laurie and Mark Smith were defensive gods in CM3.

I remember Madeira, he wasn't actually a really footballer though, a researcher put himself in the game.

I'm playing this without a Mac patch, hopefully the patch will be online later. I've plumped for a game with Middlesbrough, so far its been a good start. I'm lingering around 7th place, my best results have been a 2-1 victory away to Man Utd and 1-1 at home to Chelsea.

No Orri Freyr Oskarsson or Daniel Braathen in that list either. Those two used to destroy teams single handedly. Fabio Paim as well.

Braaten was probably only made as good because of his 'seal dribble'. Didn't quite work out for him at Bolton last year though!

I read an article quite recently where Moukoko said he'd like to go back to Derby at some point, and he's been playing reasonably well again back home.

No Orri Freyr Oskarsson or Daniel Braathen in that list either. Those two used to destroy teams single handedly. Fabio Paim as well.

On a 3 player save game, I was once banned from playing Braathen up front, after he was deemed a cheat player :)

The bastards made me play him on the left wing. He was still amazing there though. :)

Started a 3 player hot seat game (link is in my sig)

They mustn't have tested in much in multiplayer, as we;ve found one of the players has half the things missing from the filter bar, which is a bit annoying.

Really gotten into this years game now, and managed to win the Premiership with Liverpool on it, I never managed that on FM08. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing, fun though.

I can't help thinking "this is a great step forward, next years will be great" Which I shouldn't really be doing a few weeks after this years game is out.

I picked this up today. I'll start ploughing through with my beloved Oxford and see how I do. Its got to be better than how they're doing in the real world. I'll also start an 'unemployed' game. When you start with no club and no experience and work your way up. Great fun :(

I've been playing for a few days now, not got that far into the season as I've been putting only a few hours a night in, but am getting to grips with it nicely now and starting to win pretty often with Spurs. Something I noticed is that the squad blending really affected the team at the start and I'm still having trouble with the language barrier with a few players, would be nice if you could get foreign players doing native language lessons and taking a percentage of their training as the new positions and preferred moves do now.

Just started a game with Shakhtar Dontesk in Ukrainian League. After six games won 4 drawn 2 with 1 point behind Dinamo Kiev. Had £40m to spend aswell so hopefully will get something going. I got the Spanish and English leagues on aswell so will be interesting how the game goes on.

Gave the PSP version a whirl, and I'm not too impressed either. The 2D engine, if you can call it that, simply shows a brief highlight of the occasional shot with no real buildup whatsoever. You can't use it for any tactical analysis and it tells you nothing of how your team is playing. A shame, really.

I prefer the CM approach to the PSP game, which was to try and cram the PC game onto it. Sure, it doesn't work, but it's the attempt that I appreciate. SI intend for the PSP game to be easy to pick up and play, but it just ends up being a shallow experience.