IGNORED

Football Manager 2009

redbloodcell

Anybody had an issue or seen one where the results change after the game? I drew with fulham 2-2 then after the match it gives a completely made up match report and a brand new scoreline and scorers in which i lost 3-1. Im playing a network game and it was broken before the patch and still is after ive patched it up :)

I've only ever seen that once in FM and that was the 07 demo (I lost to Arsenal, but then it reported I won), not heard about it on 09. Might be worth registering with the FM forums to report it though.

I had that in 07 too. It was REALLY annoying. I won a nervous penalty shoot out, I was over the moon :)

Then I read the news report and somehow, someone, had gone back in time and fixed it so I lose 2-1 in normal time.

Hmmm. This was the patched, after release version.

Anybody had an issue or seen one where the results change after the game? I drew with fulham 2-2 then after the match it gives a completely made up match report and a brand new scoreline and scorers in which i lost 3-1. Im playing a network game and it was broken before the patch and still is after ive patched it up :)

This has been a problem since CM4, when you would get different results (sometimes) on each machine, and whilst my friend played on a LAN machine right next to me I would sometimes see goals that just never registered on my machine. It's what stopped me and my friend playing, which is a shame :lol:

Edit: And it was never fixed for CM4 (despite an uproar on the SI forums at the time), because network-play wasn't officially supported back then. :)

Shocking to see it's still a problem 4? years down the line.

This has been a problem since CM4, when you would get different results (sometimes) on each machine, and whilst my friend played on a LAN machine right next to me I would sometimes see goals that just never registered on my machine. It's what stopped me and my friend playing, which is a shame :)

Edit: And it was never fixed for CM4 (despite an uproar on the SI forums at the time), because network-play wasn't officially supported back then. :)

Shocking to see it's still a problem 4? years down the line.

Shush! CM4 was

censored

Shush! CM4 was

censored

CM4 was rubbish, and killed my love of the franchise until I got FM06 to review - and even then it wasn't until late last year I got back into playing (with FM07, 08 was bloatware in terms of the superfluous information, made worse by 09).

07 was my favourite, not a massive leap from 06 but refined down to honed excellence. Is it too much to ask that the next one be like that again? Evolution, not revolution!

On an unrelated note, anyone having a bit of trouble with their tactics should grab the "tactical theorems and frameworks" pdf, helped me hone my tactic down a bit and its working a lot more how I want it to. Available from here, happy tacticianing!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone playing?

Is this bugged again? I started two games with my correct birthday and it's convinced I was born in 1979 or something.

Enjoying it otherwise. I laughed in disbelief when my groundsman asked if I wanted to revise the dimensions of my pitch.

I started playing this last week. I haven't played a footeh management game since Champ Man 2 97/98 (erk!) so I'm a little bit overwhelmed by the whole thing. I haven't even managed to get through more than about 10 competitive games, simply because I'm rubbish and keep restarting. I read that massive pdf, and it helped a bit, but I'm still almost entirely useless against decent opposition. Gonna keep hammering away at it though, I like the depth.

There's another patch out tomorrow I think, sort out the Serie C2 cup bug along with a bunch of other things.

I found a whole new bug last week regarding unlearning the 'hits free kicks with power' player move (it just asks them to learn it again), hope they'll be putting a fix in for that!

Having finally got this (seeing as I can just split the cost with my brother, ten quid seemed a fair outlay), I take back some misgivings about the engine. I still think it's doing nothing that couldn't have been done years ago, their claims of "needing to get it right" looking more like "couldn't be arsed" than anything else, and there are still laughable elements like stadia being solid blocks of colour and some odd animation.

BUT it actually adds to the game, even as it is. Seeing what a player is doing just sucks me in, and gives me more knowledge about why things are going wrong where previously I just saw a blob meet a blob. Looking at the tiny little guys running around the pitch is bloody addictive, win lose or draw.

And that's why I'm posting this at 6.20am!

• 5 months later...

Urgh, despite me hating this, I've started playing it again. And its still good. Still very good really. The patches seem to have sorted out a lot of the problems, and while I still have some pet hate (team talks for one), I've gone through 3 seasons in the past four days. The one thing that seems to be much improved this iteration is the regen quality. The last couple of games I found it extremely hard finding new young players that could displace my current team, but I already have a couple on this game that have come through to the first team. Still not sure about the 3D match engine, but its definitely better than I gave it credit for. Might actually pick up next year now.