Thanks a lot! Good to know you can definitely use a single cable from that printer-style port. The stock USB cable that comes with the Obsidian looks exactly like the one in your picture. It's currently connected to the EZ Mod rather than the main Brook PCB, but I guess it can go in either. It's a bit flimsy, which is why I'm hoping to install a braided one - I'll keep an eye out for a good cable with the same 4-pin connector on it!

Thanks again. :)

Edit: looks like there is one, although it'd need a harness soldering on. Will keep it in mind!

Hey folks, not sure if I have mentioned in this thread before but I set up a site listing games that are compatible with the flip grip a while ago.

Obviously I try to keep it up to date with anything that comes out but I haven't picked up anything on Switch personally since Crimson Clover.

Does Missile Dancer have tate mode and rotate the right way for the flip grip? Anything else I've missed?

Also, does anybody mind if I periodically ask this - would love to keep the site up to date but often reviews and eshop listings don't mention a tate mode at all.

Thanks!

@Klatrymadon I used a printer cable (type A to B) on mine, but now I have a female B on the back of my VSHG, but I need to cut some plastic on the stick away to make it fit nicely. At the moment, it looks kind of balls but the stick is mobile, and I have two "printer cables" —one on the PS4 in the living room and the other on the Switch in the "home office".

@Alshiethanks! I loved that site when I last looked. CCWE is amazing, isn't it? I see no problem with you periodically asking for updates. Isn't it nice that is the situation? Asking what new shmup titles need to be added to a list of portable TATE-mode gaming?

7 hours ago, Spoonman said:

@Alshiethanks! I loved that site when I last looked. CCWE is amazing, isn't it? I see no problem with you periodically asking for updates. Isn't it nice that is the situation? Asking what new shmup titles need to be added to a list of portable TATE-mode gaming?

1 hour ago, ImmaculateClump said:

Oh, I had no idea it was someone from here. I've seen that doing the rounds at various shmup hotspots around the net!

Thanks! There was bit of chat in the Switch thread about a lack of a decent list so I decided to just get one going. I haven't really done any promotion of it but it seems to have spread by word of mouth pretty well. The New York Times linked to it from some sort of geek gift guide over Xmas which was pretty cool.

Crimson Clover is simply wonderful. Put a lot of hours into whilst I was off work at the end of last year - I had a bit of competition going with a friend where we were swapping tips and scores. :D

3 minutes ago, Alshie said:

The New York Times linked to it from some sort of geek gift guide over Xmas which was pretty cool.

Wow! That's pretty big time :D

Yeah, crimzon clover is cool. Can't wait for those switch arrange modes to make their way to pc.

I think the "bomb" type weapon might be the way to go for dangun fever arrange.

I've been sticking to roll just because I like it, but I tried bomb for the first time tonight since I was really tired and just fancied a fanny about and my score jumped up to 33.8 million.

Definitely gonna stick with that weapon type for a while and see if I can push it further.

13 hours ago, ImmaculateClump said:

I think the "bomb" type weapon might be the way to go for dangun fever arrange.

I've been sticking to roll just because I like it, but I tried bomb for the first time tonight since I was really tired and just fancied a fanny about and my score jumped up to 33.8 million.

I 1ccd Fever Arrange on my first go. Bloody loved it. I also like using Roll. Bomb is the way to go for high scores though. I guess we should exchange PSN so we can compete? :D

Well I've not got my Switch to hand, so I picked up the Steam version and dived straight into Caravan. Had a few goes, and it's worked out pretty well. Will pick the Switch version up later!

md1.thumb.png.ef796ca5299a92cab10abca9110fd426.png

md2.thumb.png.02b8ddd4770834845eb818a981d36133.png

Hang on! What the eff?!

I was convinced the pc version didn't have the caravan mode!

I'll have to fire that back up.

12 hours ago, hazeredmist said:

I've been a bit quiet on shmups lately, instead I've been hooked on Mario 64. Not sure if this is a thread where we waffle about non-shmup things so I'll leave it there :D  The itch will return... It always does

Yeah man! I drifted away for a while a few years ago, but it's like riding a bike, I just picked up where I left off when I came back. We'll still be here when you get back :D

10 hours ago, Spoonman said:

I guess we should exchange PSN so we can compete? :D

Nice one, Spoony! I'll send you a PM.

Ketsui deathtiny mode is a bit of alright! Been having a few goes of that tonight.

I thought "did this get patched in? How the hell did I miss it?"

I've got an old video I saved of my first campaign 1cc and I looked and it says "caravan mode" right there on the side of the screen all the way through. I must be blind!

Anyway, yeah it's great!

Coming for your score, Marlew!

eiqvEjP.jpg

How sad is it that, having just been reminded they're all on the Microsoft Store, I want to buy a bunch of the ACA Neo Geo shmups for PC, when they're right there on MAME/Shmuparch/Final Burn Alpha/the toaster?

Speaking of. I found out today that amazon are currently giving away a load of neo geo games on prime.
I don't use amazon but thankfully they are all the games that came with the humble bundle I forgot I purchased back in 2015.
I've ripped the roms out of them and am now enjoying Neo Turf Masters and Blazing Star on something far better than dot emu's dog shit launcher.

Aw man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine anything more heartbreaking.

Hopefully it's just a phase and she'll grow out of it.

There's a pamphlet here you could print out and slide under her door - https://blog.danbo.vg/post/63083036459/ikaruga

Try not to blame yourself, she might have just fallen in with the wrong crowd at school.

Jokes aside, that fills my heart with joy! New generation right there! Ain't got no hearts left but I'll save one when the next batch comes in.

How many do you get a day, by the way? Some days I seem to have none, sometimes I have like ten or something.

I've been using a cheapish BenQ RL2455 for PC shooting recently (thanks again to Treble for the recommendation!), and it rotates without issue. Never noticed any change to the display after turning. My stand only rotates one way, but I'm sure it's fine the other way too. :P

Wow, dangun arcade mode is nails!
Survival and scoring don't seem to go hand in hand at all, but then you get extends the more disco men you collect so you've got to go for it.
It's brilliant fun!

Man, playing on shmupmame is like night and day. It's way nippier.

It feels so much woollier on ps4, though I'm wondering if a lot of that is down to the accurate slowdown, and having to go back to 60hz.

I'm playing much more consistently in shmupmame and my scores are much higher. I'm pulling off moves I wouldn't even dream of attempting on the console. I feel much more confident.

1294259 on pc, and 1235492 on ps4 so far.

I wanna play on my new toy though :( Gonna stick with it. Hopefully it's something I'll get used to and performance on both will start to even out.

6 minutes ago, ImmaculateClump said:

Wow, dangun arcade mode is nails!

I haven't played Dangun Feveron in just shy of 20 years (on my modded OG Xbox)

I read this line and immediately heard...

FEVER!

:D