IGNORED

Shmups

Dr Seedyman

I’ve just ordered the Deathsmiles special editions for switch and PS4 on Amazon Japan, got the CD soundtrack version with one of them as well. It’s going to cost a little over £200 9 days before Christmas for games I already own multiple times. I’m such a dick.

5 hours ago, phillv85 said:

I’ve just ordered the Deathsmiles special editions for switch and PS4 on Amazon Japan, got the CD soundtrack version with one of them as well. It’s going to cost a little over £200 9 days before Christmas for games I already own multiple times. I’m such a dick.

Just done the same.  Thanks

3 hours ago, phillv85 said:

I just went for the 10k for Switch, 14k for PS4 because I don't think I'll use the DLC on Switch.

What is the DLC?

I couldn’t see a boggo standard 5K yen ver for the Switch (could for the PS4). 

19 minutes ago, geldra said:

I couldn’t see a boggo standard 5K yen ver for the Switch (could for the PS4). 

yeah i noticed that last night, then this morning it was there, maybe they keep adding and removing it for fun.

i think the dlc is extra playable characters?

20 minutes ago, spatular said:

yeah i noticed that last night, then this morning it was there, maybe they keep adding and removing it for fun.

i think the dlc is extra playable characters?

Cheers!

hmmmm switch or PS4..? Which one do I not want to play this on the most? 

4 hours ago, geldra said:

hmmmm switch or PS4..? Which one do I not want to play this on the most? 

:lol: I'll be waiting for the ps4 digital version. I wonder if they'll be available to buy separately.

Yeah, the DLC is characters from cave's money printing phone game "Gothic wa Mahou Otome".

Senjin Aleste is now up and running in teknoparrot, had to come back from the caravan to drop the bairn off, we're going back later so I had a couple of quick games today. Looks and feels a bit like that graze counter game. Enjoying it so far, though I'm currently at the stage where I just want to play as characters A and C and if I get the others I'm like "aaaaw" but I'm sure they all have their strengths and you get comfortable with switching eventually.

Is that a straight port of the PS game? 

edit: I stopped being lazy and looked it up. It’s a straight port of the arcade game plus a remastered HD version.

editedit: 21.85 at gamecollection plus an additional 5% off of ordered this w/e with discount code AUGHOL5.

On 27/08/2021 at 10:47, Oh Danny Boy said:

I can never work out on Amazon jp the differences between two versions they usually have that are only a few hundred Yen apart. So I usually give in and opt for Play-Asia.

The options for Deathsmiles on amazon are pretty confusing. Looks like there is a version for 8000 yen ("PS4 / Special Edition", "Not limited to Amazon") that has the DLC characters and soundtrack CD. Not quite sure what the 14,000 yen version has over that. 

edit: is that going to be a DLC code? Can I use that on a UK PS4?

Yeah, it's really good fun. I was one of the playtesters and stupidly burnt myself out on it before the final release. I was a bit sick of the sight of it when it finally came out.
I'll have to remember to make some time for it.

Switch is the version to get if you haven't bought it yet, fancy graphics and a few balance tweaks.