rllmuk
Dr Seedyman

Shmups

3 hours ago, Wintermute said:

Fucking expensive habit this, isn't it?

Wait until you start wanting the original PCB versions!

• Upvote 1

Is there any reason we couldn't get ports of the others if this sells well enough? I've been really close to getting Battle Garegga or Ketsui on PS4 but if there's any hope of Switch ports then I may just stick with MAME for the minute. It has made me want to get my 360 set back up yet again for Akai Katana though. I'm regretting getting the wireless Switch controller adapter rather than wired or I could be using my Sanwa stick...

I’m tempted to go with a disc copy of Mushihimesama Futari (Platinum) - do these region free discs work on an Xbox One?

Yeah that’s right, pretty sure the only cave game that’s backwards compatible is guwange.

• Upvote 1

This is tough reading - my 360 and games are in Norfolk and I live in South Germany. Getting them here is really going to have to be via car unless I can get a very good friend to safely pack and post it :/

I’ll probably get ESP on the Switch to tied me over. I have a Hori VX controller boxed there too. It’s USB but I guess won’t work with anything else but the 360?

I really need to find a way to get the 360 and remaining games over with my in Germany. What a pain though. I actually did drive over in November but the car was completely full with other things I needed that had higher priority at the time. 

Hadn’t realised, Esprade can be added to the festive gaming list as it’s set at Christmas. :wub:

• Upvote 1

I promised myself not to buy any new games this year but already failed because of ESP Ra.De.! :facepalm:

The game seems wonderful. Can anyone explain the scoring basics? 

• Upvote 1

I can explain the scoring.

Basically, your special shot is the key. It consists of 16 sprites. When it hits an enemy you will notice that the hits hang around a bit. Your task is to get all 16 hits on an enemy and then kill it with your primary weapon while the hits are still active. This triggers the 16x mode (or how ever many of your special sprites were still active when the enemy dies)  where you get multiple points per kill and loads of gold tokens. This lasts a little while then you need to do it again.

Also, it's better for score to mainly kill the bosses with the special weapon, only using your primary when it will cause an exploding part and give you your bonus.

Once you get the rhythm it's fantastic and super intuitive.

I used to get stoned and play this. It's a genuine all timer.

• Upvote 2

They've not said anything about it. English PSN trophies have leaked though, so that's a positive sign.

1 hour ago, Horribleman said:

It's a genuine all timer.

Agreed, I think it's their best system after that of Mushi Futari.

12 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

When is this out in Europe? Does anyone know?

8 minutes ago, Sane said:

They've not said anything about it. English PSN trophies have leaked though, so that's a positive sign.

yeah i hope it happens... but i wouldn't count on it ever happening or wait for a release over here as none of the previous shottriggers releases have made it to the UK (unless you count battle garegga on limited run games), although some have been released in america and a few other countries (any in the rest of europe - not sure?) - unfortunately i guess that's what the english trophies are more likely for.

How much is it on the Japanese e shop? I can't get on at work but I can buy credit ready for getting home...

Does anyone have a translation of the menu's btw? I can't find anything on google.

Here you go.

Worth mentioning that, when fully powered up, enemies drop gold-looking tokens until you've collected 200 (?) after which they'll drop energy tokens to recharge your guard/barrier. The token counter rapidly runs down and then you start over. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks! :hat:

The energy stuff sounds a little less straightforward but I suspect all will become clear once I dive in properly (hopefully tonight!).

It’s pretty amazing how this plays well on a Lite with the standard Switch sticks and in Hori too. Can still parse pretty much everything going on. 

ALSO with regards the ShotTrigger series, they released Dangun and the prequel Dimahoo (name escapes me) in the States I believe (PS4). Guessing they didnt get a physical release?

• Upvote 1

I get into a shooter (I'm not into them enough to feel like I've earned the right to use the accepted, titular abbreviation) every five years or so and the recent buzz in here has just cost me £50 because I'm an idiot who has to buy physical when he can. Good work, team!

I've been playing it on MAME over the last week to gauge my interest and having gone from actually laughing at how insanely hard I found it - it took me a few turns to 1CC the first mid-boss :lol: - it kept drawing me back like a beaten animal. I'm trying to portray a more positive vibe than I'm making it sound but basically I reckon it's a good game.

• Upvote 3

The flip grip is one of my favourite 3rd party accessories for the switch. Now we just need a joycon with a proper d-pad that works with it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, geldra said:

ALSO with regards the ShotTrigger series, they released Dangun and the prequel Dimahoo (name escapes me) in the States I believe (PS4). Guessing they didnt get a physical release?

pretty sure dangun hasn't had a physical release anywhere, not sure about the other one. i don't know what the other one is called either...google says - Mahou Daisakusen.

i gave esp ra.de. a break and played a bit of mushi futari for a few days, it's amazing obvs. but i'm also finding it difficult going back to something i used to be ok at, even had a half decent score in one of the modes - to now not even remembering how the scoring works. i read up/remembered bits how to get the counter up to 9999 - should i then be cashing that in by killing stuff with the bar empty, or keep it on 9999? that's for mainiac mode - does the scoring work the same if i try god mode? (i know original is different)

@spatular

I believe Maniac is the same as God, except the counter only goes to 9999 instead of 30k. I've not played it very much but basically, you'll want to cash the 9s in when you can do a big cancel (e.g. Stage 1 big worms from the ground, midboss, boss). 

To spawn big gems, you want to destroy stuff with laser/focus when your combo meter is in the red. That's when it gets really satisfying, I think. 

I reckon go straight to God Mode, though! :D

• Upvote 1