IGNORED

Worst albums you own

Oh Danny Boy

I'm just wondering which albums in people's collections do they wish they never bought. Maybe the album is an embarrassment, a scar upon an otherwise unblemished collection, or just a huge disappointment.

I've got quite a few in my colleciton that i hate;

- Andrew WK - the wolf

- Gorillaz - Gorillaz

- Kaiser Cheifs - yours truely angry mob

- Oasis - standing on the shoulder of giants

- Starsailor - on the out side

- Radiohead - Kid A

Each album deserves to be burned, i just don't know why i still keep them

I've got a copy of the Fun Loving Criminals' debut album. I don't have an excuse and I can't even think of any kind of reasonable or believable fake excuse. I prefer to keep it rather than be responsible for someone else listening to it, as if it was a recording of dangerous Enochian chants. It's not, though, it's just rubbish.

Regular Urban Survivors by Terrorvision is just absolutely fucking atrocious, doubly so because I genuinely thought it was a brilliant album when I was fifteen or sixteen or however old I was when the wretched thing came out.

There are some really brilliant albums in this thread. I hold The Wolf, Regular Urban Survivors and Come Find Yourself in very high esteem. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with Green Day, aside from Warning. You guys don't know you're born.

This is the worst album I own:

12215f.gif

Now that's a stinker! Only made slightly better by my old housemate modifying the cover, changing "mind's" to "jap's".

The worst one I have is by an Anti-Folk singer, Matt something... Darling, Are You Ready For the Ballet? Bought it drunk after the show, regretted it immediately on first listen. I guess it's the worst one, but I have plenty of bad, disappointing albums: At War with The Mystics, Frank Black's Honeycomb, All Saint's debut.

Major Matt Mason USA, its/hes not terrible at all. But then again if you don't like that kind of music it would be.

We should do an unwanted cd swap, one mans shite as another mans gold.

:lol: ok.

Mine is Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish... need rid.

Don't get me wrong i like Radiohead, i own a few other albums, Pablo Honey, which is okay, and The Bends and Ok Computer which are both amazing albums. I bought Kid A on the back of those albums and what a load of pretentious crap it was, i've come to the conclusion that Radiohead post Ok Computer doesn't exist to me, in the same way Oasis post Be here now.

Yeah i've got the chocolate starfish and significant other, i don't listen to them anymore, but i wouldn't get rid of them either, they remind me of my sixth form years when i loved the bizkit, a lot of my mates still listen to them regularly though.

Regular Urban Survivors by Terrorvision is just absolutely fucking atrocious, doubly so because I genuinely thought it was a brilliant album when I was fifteen or sixteen or however old I was when the wretched thing came out.

Yeah, it was pretty poor. Even at the time I didn't really like, although I'd got on well with 'How to Make Friends...' and 'Formaldehyde'. I still have a soft spot for 'My House' and 'Oblivion'.

Don't get me wrong i like Radiohead, i own a few other albums, Pablo Honey, which is okay, and The Bends and Ok Computer which are both amazing albums. I bought Kid A on the back of those albums and what a load of pretentious crap it was, i've come to the conclusion that Radiohead post Ok Computer doesn't exist to me, in the same way Oasis post Be here now.

I think he got you just right. But the discussion between OK Computer-era fans and Kid A-era fans will probably never end.

I haven't got any bad album in my collection. So.

Aww it's not that bad... he sings about whales and dolphins!

I bought Shaving Peaches... now that was a LOT worse!!!

The only other really terrible album in my collection is Gun's 0141 album, absolutely terrible effort after Swagger!

DJ Tiesto - Revolution

It's not so much the track selection - although I didn't care for that - as it is the mastering. The thing is in mono. I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to master and release an album in mono in the twenty-first century, but I hope to God they were sacked for it.

Carl Cox - 2nd session Area 2: Detroit

I thought I liked techno until I heard this. Listening to it is like finally understanding all those people who think dance music is just thump thump thump, because thump thump thump is all this CD offers.

Ritchie Hawtin - De9: Closer to the Edit

This was hailed as an innovative minimal masterpiece at the time. 70 tracks were deconstructed to their most basic elements, then the samples and loops were mixed together to form something new. But to me it just sounds like someone browsing through their kick drum collection. For an hour.

I would also echo that 'The Wolf' is great stuff, but I'm an AWK nut, so...yeah.

Me:

51AWB2NFD2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The vocals are the most prominent thing and they're fucking rubbish on this one.

416YKRGVRVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

NOTHING HAPPENS.

613JE87AJ3L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

FUCK

31E2YA3779L._SL500_AA180_.jpg

BORING SHIT and thanks Teletext (why the hell did I ever read you anyway) for jizzing on about this band for ages. NOT

Awful albums? I do own quite a few of those shcoking 'remix' albums that were all the rage about 10 years ago, youknow the sort. Bush remix album, that's the worst.

David Lee Roth - Eat em and Smile - bloody awful apart from 1) Steve Vai and 2) Elephant Gun.

These days though with the power of the internet I can easily avoid bad albums, trying before buying, web forums, all that, it's been yeeeeears since I just went into HMV and thought "yeah, I'll take a chance on this one".