IGNORED

Worst albums you own

Oh Danny Boy

I remember begging my parents for this:

Aqua-Aquarium19995478_f.jpg

I really liked it at the time. :lol: Actually...I think it's mean to call it the "worst" as I have quite a few albums that are completely dull or just completely shit.....this one is just mildly cringeworthy. It was just the first one that popped into my head.

My parents speak of it fondly too....when we're on long car journeys when holidaying and stuff they'll be all "Hey Hem....do you still have that Aqua CD? That was a rather good one!"

Same where Matt Sweeney is concerned. It seems like Corgan basically used the band as session musicians, where they could've probably contributed a little more. That might have made it, y'know, interesting.

Still, to be lumped in with Puddle of Mudd is harsh. Corgan is incapable of making anything that bad.

I really like the Zwan album. It's about 50 times better than the Future Embrace, which while disappointing by Corgan standards, is still better than most of the shite I eke out a living playing for drunk people.

814.jpg

Maybe not the worst album we've got in the house, but by far the worst I ever bought. Especially if you consider I bought it fullprice in a time when MP3 didn't really exist yet and the price of a CD was the better part of my monthly budget.

I really liked 'no diggity' at the time and that other song, was it with Slash?

If I knew the rest of the CD was filled with sickly smooth smarmy R&B written to wet the panties of 14 year old girls, I would have saved myself my money and my dignity. I think I listened to it twice after I bought it, and was cringing through the whole affair. So deep was my shame that I never offered to give it away because I never wanted anybody to know I owned it. In fact, confessing this here and now in relative anonimity still makes my toes curl and my hair turn white.

Of course I also own plenty of other 'wrong' music, but as I genuinely liked it at the time I'm not going to apologize for it ;)

Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

Just appalling, irredeemable drivel. Bad in every way, bad titles, bad writing, bad hair. Fucking awful. With added John Frusciante.

I thought the first one was nearly a very good album, quite enjoyed it, but this was horrendous. The first album I ever bought off iTunes too as I was so looking forward to it I couldn't wait to go into town and I was so convinced it'd be great that I didn't want to download it. Certainly put an end to that train of thought forever.

Actually, I bought two Lamb albums, and a few years later decided it was fucking cringe-worthy...but that's just me.

What

Lamb have released three albums (to my knowledge) and two of them are superb. Even if you got the shit one and one other, there's still some quality stuff on what you bought.

Which ones did you get?

As for worst albums - I had the Cool Runnings Soundtrack, 'The Great Subconscious Club' by a band I've never heard of previous or since called K's Choice (both of these were won by my brother, he thought they were shit and gave them to me)... Worst album I've bought?

On the basis of how awesome I was expecting it to be, 'Tender Buttons' by Broadcast, which turned out to be a load of arse; see also 'Supercharger' by Machine Head.

On lack of merit alone, probably Frances the Mute or Scabdates by the Mars Volta. I bought them hoping for more At The Drive-In. :ph34r:

Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

Just appalling, irredeemable drivel. Bad in every way, bad titles, bad writing, bad hair. Fucking awful. With added John Frusciante.

The sountrack to my first year of university. I can see why people don't like them but when you love something so much....

Anyway, I own White Ladder by David Gray, comfortably my worst CD and that coming from a man who owns 'The Smurfs Go Pop'.

What

Lamb have released three albums (to my knowledge) and two of them are superb. Even if you got the shit one and one other, there's still some quality stuff on what you bought.

Lamb

Fear of Fours

What Sound

Between Darkness & Wonder

FOUR!

First is great, second and third pretty good, fourth is rubbish (by their standards).

They were/are a slightly less popular Moloko. How they can appear in worst albums in your collection threads I don't know :(