The Shield - Season 7

I was thinking about making a thread just for the final season and I think it will be needed because I wouldn't want anyone being spoiled in the other thread.

Episode 3 was awesome. It seems to be kicking up a gear now and that final scene was brilliant.

Though sadly Aceveda seems to be non-existent, let's hope that changes soon.

After watching the first episode and kicking myself for not rewatching series 6 in the run up to this i've decided to wait and watch it in a big chunk once its done.

Think its the sort of series that deserves a back to back viewqing especially as i watched season one to five back to back then season 6 came out in big blocks (french rips) if i remember correctly, although if people start raving about it i may have to give in.

I've never watched The Wire, and I've just started watching The Shield. Polished off the first season, and I'm into the second now. Awesome first couple of episodes in season 2. I think I'll wait until I've watched The Shield before embarking on a Wire marathon, but I'm loving what I've seen so far.

And now I'm out of here. Don't want anything to get spoiled. ;)

Good episode 3

Really didnt expect Vic to absolve Shane of Lem.

Yeah but did he really. He just told Shane what he wanted to hear. That little smirk he had said that he didn't mean it.

I know I've spoilered that but there's probably no need to spoiler anything as this is just the season 7 thread.

Yeah but did he really. He just told Shane what he wanted to hear. That little smirk he had said that he didn't mean it.

I know I've spoilered that but there's probably no need to spoiler anything as this is just the season 7 thread.

That smirk was Vic signing Shane's death warrant. My end of season prediction : Ronny is the only one of the Strike Team left standing at the end.

Not reading this because I haven't seen 3 yet, but is anyone else finding the storyline a little hard to follow? I've got the basics but the main thread with all the gang controlling is giving me much more trouble than The Wire ever did. May be because it's a long while since I saw Season 6.

not seen 3 yet but the first two left me feeling a bit meh. I LOVED the Shield, but I watched all 5 series of The Wire after series 6 finished, so it makes it seem a bit shit.

I really hope I'm dragged back into it.

See, I don't get this, they're very different shows. I watched the entire of The Wire before seeing The Shield, I put them on equal footing in terms of awesome.

Shane probably will die but I hope Vic wont kill him.

Ronnie will, blates. Shane is a fucking dick; you know THAT BIT (non spoiler for those like Tim who are silly and wading into a thread like this ;)) at the end of season 5. I saw it coming - I was screaming at the TV, "Shane, don't you fucking dare...", and then he fucking DID. Cunt. I want him dead. And I want it to be brutal.

Anyone else kinda freaked out by the fact that Vic's daughter is taller than him? :D She's HUGE!

That girl is Michael Chiklis' daughter in real life too :(

I'm putting a crisp fiver on Ronnie shooting him. And maybe even Vic too.

And yeah good call, Shane can't get away with things and have Ronnie and Vic locked up or killed. Shane has to be killed off.