The Office (US)

Ryan

• 2 months later...

This weeks episode was pretty great (I <3 Maura Tierny) and so far this season, I'm very pleased with Spaders performance. Low key enough to let the original cast shine through and also slightly bonkers enough to make me very interested in his scenes.

No Pam this week, though. sadface.pdf

Darryl having a romance with the first black woman ever in the office reminds me of Saved by the Bell when every single background school kid was white, and the only times you saw a black boy you knew he was going to be a boyfriend for the black girl.

Still, I'm enjoying it.

This season has still been pretty good. Carell is missed but the rest of the cast are easily strong enough to keep the show on its feet.

The Andy vs Robert California storyline has been abit all over the place but if they are going with what they hinted at the end of the last episode

Andy having an affair with his wife.

This could get amazing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been watching this Netflix loads. First season aside, it's been pretty bloody funny, which surprised the shit out of me. I have a feeling it's going to all fall apart soon, though (I'm onto season 4).

• 8 months later...

I have about 8 episodes left of this, just had the Schrute funeral, which was clearly a teaser for the spin off they were gonna do.

Just wanted to share my love for the start of one of the early episodes of the season with Asain Jim :lol:

It's a bit odd that Steve Carell basically turned up to do nothing for about 5 minutes. If you're going to put Michael Scott into a scene, then Michael Scott needs to do something Michael Scott-like!

Still, he may have only had two lines but they were the funniest two lines of the episode, including the best TWSS of the entire 9 seasons.

I thought this cameo appearance was the best possible way to include him in the finale. The point was the surprise that he showed up and having the full original cast back together. He already got his big farewell two seasons ago, this finale was meant as a farewell to the remaining cast and a full comeback of Carell would only distract from that.

I thought this cameo appearance was the best possible way to include him in the finale. The point was the surprise that he showed up and having the full original cast back together. He already got his big farewell two seasons ago, this finale was meant as a farewell to the remaining cast and a full comeback of Carell would only distract from that.

That's how I see it. It's sad it's over, another one of my favourite TV shows ended after so long.

No that's a bit harsh. I expected the worst when Michael left, but they've managed to continue surprisingly well without him. There definitely are some lesser episodes, but the last season has some of the best of the whole series too, especially near the end. The finale was absolutely great, brought a lump to my throat a couple of times.

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to watching the final season of this, caned through it in a few days. Utterly fantastic and makes up for the iffiness of the previous two seasons. Even Catherine Tate's character was starting to grow on me!

I was full-on bawling at Jim's video. The whole thing ended so beautifully, like you were never really smacked in the face with Phyllis & Stanley's mutual appreciation but you always knew it was there. It was so sweet when she mentioned it.

Seasons 2 and 3 were the highlights but what a fucking show overall. One of the best.