The Office (US)

Ryan

Dwight at the end was classic.

It niggled me all the way through about the duck Mallard. I didn't think Dwight would be so stupid when it came to espionage, so the ending was class.

Dwight's face makes it for me, I could probably happily watch an hour of his gurns and expressions.

This season has been really poor by the normal high standards in my opinion, I used to love Jim and Pam but now they're irritating me in every episode. Pam's turned into such a wet blanket, always moaning and complaining and

Jim as co-manager

really doesn't work. Ever since Idris Elba came in and the formula started to change they've sort of let the humour drop a bit. Sounds like I haven't seen the most recent one though, is it the one about the mafia guy?

Nah there's another one after that - and I agree about this season so far. I couldn't think of an exact reason why it feels bad, so I fail at analysis. But most of the characters seem to act wierd and over-zany, J+P are boring and hated, and the dual-boss thing doesn't work! Also hardly any girly heart-to-heart bits, it's all obvious reused jokes. I wish they hadn't ended Andy/Dwight/Angela or the Michael Scott Paper Company.

Hmm my idea...

Michael wins the lottery and leaves the office but gets bored so he forms 'Michael Scott Paper Company 2' and offers to employ the old gang with promises of higher wages and 'no rules'. He also starts to write his own tv shows and gets them made.

Don't see how people can say that this has dropped in quality - it's always been a little twee and wet. But it's cute and the little touches are lovely - like when Jim put that music on and Apollo teared up. Class.

Jim and Pam have always been a bit smug and annoying, and the reason this is even more so is because they're now a proper coulple. That always happens to people - it's well realised. Notice that the focus isn't on them any more. Oh yes, and this season has more receptionist Erin. Jesus fucking christ she is absoltuely scorching. I love the way she's always got a stupid grin on her pixie face. And her legs. Oh yes.

It always has been and always will be about Dwight though. And the Nard Dog. PARKOUR!

It always has been and always will be about Dwight though. And the Nard Dog. PARKOUR!

This. Dwight is a legend. Especially when he is at the wedding and has women hanging off him, dressed like a spacker. I watched 2-7 today and there were some really awesome moments. Kevin in general is spot on. Him and Oscar at the wedding is hilarious. I am glad there is less Phillis because Bob Vance annoys the fuck out of me. I like how Jim is slowly becoming like Michael and will be interested to see how they take it. Whether he realises or not. I also like the seeds that they plant at the end of episode 7 regarding Andy. It was nice to see an actual moment with him and Pam. The mafia one was hilarious, with Andy dressed as a mechanic.

Anyway bit of a ramble, but I love the American Office.

I've been binging on this show the last couple of days, and i really like it. I'm so glad i watched beyond the awful pilot, the awkward attempt to recreate the UK version with lines and shots replicated really put me off, but i gave it some time and it really came into its own and created its own identity playing off the great formula Gervais invented. Dwight is fantastic and steals the show, Steve Carrell has taken the david brent role in a new direction that is different yet great, and the show is just consistently very funny and thoroughly entertaining. Season 2 was superb, i loved the new characters brought in for season 3 and thought that season was excellent, as well, just starting season 4 which i've heard is meant to be weaker, but i'll see.

also, i think i'm in love with pam. she is so cute.

Toby teaching Pam how to punch properly was amazing.

decent episode, dwight and andy are so good together, but i'm not sure how much i like angry pam, and i hope they don't use it as an excuse for jim/pam relationship drama.

also, creed stole the episode with one line again.

Bit of a mixed bag this week. Main plot was alright but

Pam switched from crazy to accepting too easily for me, all so we dislike Michael and not the both of them like a couple of episodes ago. Then the last five minutes or so were somewhat over the top. The Andy/Dwight subplot was pretty weak too, felt like a cold open segment stretched out to plug the gaps.

Saying that, there were plenty of hilarious moments and this season has been great so far.

Half decent episode, i say half decent as i found myself cringing so much i could barely stand to watch some of it :(

Will need to give it another watch but creeds 30 seconds of screen time this episode again is hilarious.

Come on 'Nard dog, deal with the situation at hand!

Yeah, I don't get the lack of love for these last few episodes. Sure, the show has changed somewhat from the original template but its still one of the best comedies to come out of the USA for a while. Obviously, its no curb or AD but I'd rather sit through a million 'bad' episodes of this compared to a million 'good' episodes of something like friends.