The Office (US)

Ryan

Yeah, I don't get the lack of love for these last few episodes. Sure, the show has changed somewhat from the original template but its still one of the best comedies to come out of the USA for a while. Obviously, its no curb or AD but I'd rather sit through a million 'bad' episodes of this compared to a million 'good' episodes of something like friends.

I rewatched it and thought it was a great episode in the end, i find that with very cringey episodes i need to go back and watch them again.

Also for me, even a bad episode of the office is amazing tv, i love tthis show and thought this series has been great, i've watched them all about 4 times each as i got so many friends into it i have to watch it every time they are over. The format has changed but its always good to have a change otherwise it could become a bit stale.

So is the company going under? I suspect they planted jims supermarket account in there as its gonna be what saves dunder mifflin ^_^

I think so, it is too early for a show ending plot line like that to come through, the show has a few more series left, and i doubt they want to move the story away from dundermifflin so soon after the micheal scott paper company arc. I can see it being used to create tension in the micheal-jim management balance, and for the threat of losing their jobs before the baby is born to allow for PB&J drama.

• 3 months later...

Well one of those 2 episodes was a compilation wasn't it? Minus some unique bits inbetween. Then there was a new episode about 10 days ago. Then it was disrupted yet AGAIN and was not on this week but it's on in 2 weeks or something :angry:

Kathy Bates has been amazing.

"Scissor me" was class, I love how that joke has built up from the "Beer me" line that Andy started.

The Sabre song was great, it's so good that some of the guys in the show can sing and play instruments.

It's shit how this season has been broken up with all these breaks, Parks and Community haven't aired this week either. Some sort of break after a recent break?!?!

Ahh, Oh the Olympic joke last week was ace.

Hahaha, I did let out a massive big "oh for fuck sake" when that opening happened.

Aside from that, there was an exchange in the last episode where the dogs were licking Andy's crotch and he gives a little look to Erin whilst it's happening. Had me in fits of laughter. Good to see Jim

back on sales

The whole of series 6 up to the compilation has been so fucking dire I'm not sure I can be bothered with new episodes. Is Jim still a manager after the takeover?

This. the new episodes really suck. Michael was meant to be the only really daft one but now the whole company are stereotypes of themselves. And 'Really Really Stupid' Michael is just bad.

• 7 months later...

Season 7 started last week, steve carell's last season. Great first episode and promising future episodes with my favourite double act of

Michael and Toby

also

Michael "Watched Inception...or did I dream I watched it? (followed by perfect expression)

welcome back US office!

• 4 months later...

I just started watching this, I thought the pilot wasn't very funny at all but "Diversity Day" cracked me up.

Stick with it, and you're in for a treat. The first season is mostly lazy rehashes of UK Office storylines, but once Season 2 hits its stride, it's a delight.

I've just watched the latest episode: Threat Level Midnight. A pretty odd episode in which Michael shows the film he's been making for the last 11 years. I was crying with laughter most of the way through though, Dwight's robot in the back of one screen was amazing.

It'll be interesting to see how they deal with Michael leaving, not long now.

I've just watched the latest episode: Threat Level Midnight. A pretty odd episode in which Michael shows the film he's been making for the last 11 years. I was crying with laughter most of the way through though, Dwight's robot in the back of one screen was amazing.

It'll be interesting to see how they deal with Michael leaving, not long now.

Not seen the latest but..

Could it be as simple as him leaving with Holly when Toby comes back/her contract ends?