Faith No More

The Real Thing was pretty good but I can't stand Patton's squeaky singing on it or his poncey hair and dancing on the videos.

Angel Dust. Possibly my favourite rock album of all time ever. It's just brilliant from beginning to end (with the possible exception of Smaller & Smaller).

King For A Day was a bit crap generally, primarily because that Trey geezer was a shit guitarist compared to Jim Martin. There's some mad diversity on the album though with stuff like Evidence and Just A Man.

Album of the Year was random as well, Stripsearch was excellent and Ashes To Ashes was their best live song by a mile.

I love FNM :P

Trey Spruance is a superb guitarist. I prefer Jim Martin but Spruance's guitar work on King For A Day was great.

• 1 month later...

The new issue of Kerrang mentions that Faith No More are reforming! i haven't read the issue myself but it's mentioned on the 'new issue' bit of the kerrang website, you can see a tiny graphic of a page with something like "Faith no more to reform?" and a bit about a possible UK tour next year! I hope this is true and Jim comes back too!

I dont think I could stomach much of the album now but i'd love to listen to a handful of it's tracks. I'd much rather stick Introduce Yourself and earlier LPs on than The Real Thing, with it's slightly camp stadium rock bent, and I mean that in an affectionate way.

Angel Dust was and still completely is a total fudging masterwork of absolute brilliance.

I like most of King For A Day a lot, more so than at the time, and Trey's an incredible guitarist but pretty incomparable to Jim - they're just two very, very different musicians (as anyone who's heard bits and bobs of what Trey's been up to in recent years will be aware of).

Roddy Bottum is an icon.

I recently got the Fantomas/Melvins live DVD and wish there was a hell of lot less Patton extreme Patton close ups in it.

I'll go now.

The new issue of Kerrang mentions that Faith No More are reforming! i haven't read the issue myself but it's mentioned on the 'new issue' bit of the kerrang website, you can see a tiny graphic of a page with something like "Faith no more to reform?" and a bit about a possible UK tour next year! I hope this is true and Jim comes back too!

I've just cum.

("Awesome Wells", eh. Well plastic.)

WHAT?!

:(

Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap. Please make a new album and it not be crap.

If it's fake, I'll hunt you down like a pig, Wells.

• 2 weeks later...
Bungle on the other hand, they should make friends and all have sex. Big musical sex.

FNM were certainly not known for being on the best of terms with each other but I think they are on better terms than Patton is with Trey Spruance at the moment.

Angel Dust is one of the best rock albums ever, criminally overlooked due to bloody Cobain and Co. at the time.

The best 2 things about Angel Dust (bar Jim Martin) are...

Mike Patton - when I first heard Angel Dust (on the day of release) I could not believe it was the same person that appeared on Epic, his scope changed, it sounded like about 10 different vocalists all at the same time. Something changed within him during that record, and all the better for it.

Be Aggressive - a song about a guy-on-guy blow job, at the time what fucking balls! And the cheerleader chorus. Fucking awesome.

It also contains 2 of the most scary songs ever committed to disc, "Caffine" and "Jizzlobber". Caffine sends shivers down my spine at the "I'm warning you, I'm warning you, I'M FUCKING YOU" bit.

A true classic. A brilliant band, shame it didn't last, Big Jim's departure put paid to that.

Be Aggressive - a song about a guy-on-guy blow job, at the time what fucking balls! And the cheerleader chorus. Fucking awesome.

This popped up on my ipod today...

Are you quite sure it's about a guy-on-guy blow job? Sure the lyrics mention "swallow" and "on my knees" but that's it.

Maybe it's what Patton wants us to think, or something. I don't know anymore.

I believe Be Aggressive was written by Roddy. He is a complete fruitloop so I guess your point still stands. Does your point often stand when talking about Roddy Bottum? HAHAHAHA!!

Gosh that was funny.

Yeah. it was written by Roddy and it is absolutely about blow jobs.

I started this

It's all for me

What's yours is yours and mine is mine

That's plain to see

So give it up

I've got to have

I SWALLOW, I SWALLOW, I SWALLOW, I SWALLOW

Be aggressive

B-e aggressive

B-e a-g-g-r-e-s-s-i-v-e

What someone else

Would leave behind

And spit it out, let go to waste

I claim is mine

You're my flavor of the week

Tall and reckless

Ugly seed

Reach down my throat

You filthy bird

That's all I need

This empty pit

I've got to feed

To prove I'm fit

A healthy man I've got to be

Malnutrition, my submission

You're the master

And I take it on my knees

Ejaculation

Tribulation

Be aggressive

B-e aggressive

B-e a-g-g-r-e-s-s-i-v-e

Go, fight, go, fight, go, fight, win

• 2 weeks later...
This popped up on my ipod today...

Are you quite sure it's about a guy-on-guy blow job? Sure the lyrics mention "swallow" and "on my knees" but that's it.

Maybe it's what Patton wants us to think, or something. I don't know anymore.

OK fair nuff - case closed.

:o

Proof you young-un's don't listen to the words!

I was trying to explain to a 19 year old the other week how fucking awesomely well written MGMT's Time to Pretend is, he'd never listened to the words.

But your not 19 either

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

While doing a stint at EA LA, I took the bus from washington blvd, to venice beach (eastbound)

the urge to yell "NINETY FIVE CENTS?? FUCK YOU!! I'LL SKATE TO THE BEACH!" at the driver was overwhelming for all of about 5 seconds, the rest of the journey was spent giggling to myself..

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Spotify I've been listening to "those albums you never got round to buying the first time, but now you wouldn't take a risk on"

'King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime' falls into that category for me. God it really is very dull and just meh. Even Patton's voice is sounding ordinary. Piss. Poor.

Thanks to Spotify I've been listening to "those albums you never got round to buying the first time, but now you wouldn't take a risk on"

'King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime' falls into that category for me. God it really is very dull and just meh. Even Patton's voice is sounding ordinary. Piss. Poor.

I can't agree with that, the way he spits out "Happy birthday.Fucker." in The Lost Art of Making Enemies, in fact that whole track is easily one of my favourite Patton vocals. It's a great album in my opinion.

I can't agree with that, the way he spits out "Happy birthday.Fucker." in The Lost Art of Making Enemies, in fact that whole track is easily one of my favourite Patton vocals. It's a great album in my opinion.

I agree, it's a great album. My second favourite after Angel Dust. Can't wait for the dates to be announced. It's a pity that Jim wont be part of it but Hudson is a good guitarist. I wonder how Jim would of felt about playing tracks off the last two albums if he was part of the reunion.

My dad gave me a CD player when they first came out and my uncle asked me what I wanted for my birthday, so I asked him to get me Faith No More 'The Real thing' - it was my first CD ever. How cool is that!

He also bought me a Richard Marx cd, which was quite random and not so cool.

FNM are undoubtedly my favourite band. They have consistently delivered brilliant albums, I have never been disappointed by any of their music.

My favourites are Angel Dust and King for a Day. :(

I think it's Pattons very best straight ahead vocal of his career. And Trey's very best straight ahead guitarwork. It's blighted by some dull filler but it's certainly the best thing after Angel Dust.

Great band. I too have started listening to them again after a long break.

Love:

Stripsearch

Midlife Crisis

A Small Victory

Ashes to Ashes

This Guy's in Love With You

I Started a Joke

I never saw them live, WK and I are so going to catch a gig if they play in the UK :D