Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels, feat. Bad Batch

1 hour ago, Hoodedclaw said:

Rebels got my daughter into Star Wars as it has some strong female characters which she likes ( especially Sabine Wren ) Least it pulled her away from god awful Harry Potter 

Interesting - we're about 7 or 8 episodes into season 2 of Rebels and Sabine's done basically nothing yet, she's one of the crew but has had zero character development and barely even registers most of the time. I take it she gets more to do later on?

The balance of action and humour is giving me serious Last Airbender vibes in Rebels. There's a scene where 

Spoiler

Zeb is flying a Tie sideways as he has his hand to his ear waiting for Ezra to apologise as he runs alongside, that is simultaneously epic and funny like a lot of moments in Avatar were.

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Maybe you’re aware, but Filoni was involved in Airbender too. 

Yeah I was aware, but didn't expect the involvement to shine through as heavily as it does. You can really feel how much heart is in it.

Not sure if or why it was suggested season 1 of Rebels was a bit shit, but it was great - and the end of the first season was brilliant.

Spoiler

Having got to know the character so recently you'd think I had Ahsoka overload, but nope, did a squee anyway.

Right. Friends. Nerds. Rllmuk.

The first episode of Rebels Season 2 is genuinely, 100%, some of the best "Star Wars" EVER made.

Spoiler

It hits every beat, it has moments of real character, interesting revelations, a superb eye for action choreography, and genuinely surprising humour:

Spoiler

The bit when Ezra said of the mind trick: "I wish that worked for me..." then "I wish that worked on you" literally had me in tears.

Maybe I'm just drunk, but that 20 minutes was just about perfect.

Episode S202:

Spoiler

There is always a danger if you have new characters pitted against Vader that it could descend into fan service, but they did everything right.

He comes across as a genuinely terrifying threat that they were lucky to survive. And the way he fights exudes raw power: there are no fancy sword fighting moves, just a single block, a deflect, then a sheer explosive force sends our heroes reeling. It's the movement simplicity of an opponent that cannot be matched. They get it.

No harm in loving Rebels. Watching during its original run it really benefits from having a cast of new characters and although it had a lower budget I enjoyed it a lot more than Clone Wars. It might be difficult for you to avoid spoilers in YT recommendations after watching it so I'd watch in Incognito mode or clear from your browsing history after each episode but definitely check out Rebels Recon on YouTube, an official follow up show they did after each episode aired originally and are included on the Blu Ray releases as well.

Some of the cinematic shots in Rebels S2E4 are just *chefs kiss*

And also 

Spoiler

The Robot Wars style grappling with the Walker was inspired.

And the reunion at the end... Got a little bit of grit in my eyes... Quite a lot of grit actually.

51 minutes ago, Benny said:

I never thought I would care much about

Hide contents

The clones, but when

Reveal hidden contents

Rex

Turned up I did a little fist pump.

Clone Wars made me love Star Wars, never quite get it but I understand why now. Plus getting the despecialized version of the original films just reaffirmed it.

• JohnC changed the title to Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels, feat. Bad Batch