IGNORED

Louis C.K.

CrispinG

weird... it's not on 1channel... everything is on 1channel...

i hope the new episode is actually funny. i do love Louis's view of the world and his stories are quite heartfelt and moving, but this series just hasn't made me laugh since the second episode.

Was that the Miami ep? If so then aye, agree. :D

no, it was the date that ended in a pick-up truck. the Miami episode i could imagine being a hilarious pitch, and the twist was original and unexpected, but it was played so straight (no pun etc.) i didn't find any of it funny. i was also a bit irritated he didn't subtitle the Spanish dialogue.

I've just watched the first 2 eps of this and been in tears of laughter (something I never do when watching tv on my own)

I'd seen a couple of clips of him on youtube doing stand up a while back and didn't like him, this though seems to really hit the mark for me, maybe its being a divorced bloke of the same age with a kid but it really made me laugh.

Got a lot of torrenting ahead of me as nobody shows in UK ?

Season finale continued the recent trend of weirdly inconsequential storylines. I love that he has the freedom to do what he wants with the show but sometimes I realise why that's not the way it's usually done. A lot of this season has felt like he had one funny little idea and made it into a whole episode. Or rather, he has a few ideas but none of them are followed through so you get 3 five minute sketches that feel totally disjointed and irrelevant. Quite disappointed.

Just downloaded episode 7, haven't watched it yet. Laughed like a drain through most of 6. I think there's a fair few episodes still to go, what do you mean 'season finale'?

I haven't watched the first two seasons, going to check them out obv. However they're only available on DVD if you import them at exorbitant prices. I guess pretty much everyone in this thread is torrenting anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

nobody is talking about this, which is strange because along with Breaking Bad it's the most critically lauded series of the year. i think there's a big gap between what the critics and audiences think about this; it's gone really weird. the latest episode is probably the least funny yet. it has actually turned into a serious drama, and it's often quite depressing. the David Lynch cameo was decent though.

sort it out, Louis.

It's becoming more of a surrealist drama, but I certainly wouldn't say it's been depressing at any point, and even though it's not trying that hard to get laughs it's still funny. Then again, I never saw the first two seasons, so I might be missing changes that are obvious to you lot.

• 4 months later...

nobody is talking about this, which is strange because along with Breaking Bad it's the most critically lauded series of the year. i think there's a big gap between what the critics and audiences think about this; it's gone really weird. the latest episode is probably the least funny yet. it has actually turned into a serious drama, and it's often quite depressing. the David Lynch cameo was decent though.

sort it out, Louis.

I think this is more due to your expectations of what this series should be. He's never come out and said 'This is a comedy show'. The fact that when I watch each episode I have no idea what to expect is exactly why it feels so fresh to me and why I enjoy it so much.

How naive was I thinking I could order these when I got home from work :facepalm:

Yeah the ticketing was a clusterfuck.

I bagged a couple of tickets but it was painful trying to use the 'proper' vendors site. It felt like half the world was trying to sue it at the same time. Ended up buying them of the Apollo's own site in a few mins, easy peasy. I didn't realise he'd got that popular. Was pretty easy to get tickets last time he was here.

• 1 month later...

Tell me about it. Women two seats away from me laughed like a goon before the show even started, then kicked into overdrive with a directors commentary on every single thing Louis said.

Of course, that's just someone having a good night out.

But maybe.......