IGNORED

Fight Night Round 4

Fusty Gusset

I've give up on this online theres no boxing going on just people hitting as many body shots as possile. how can someone throw six hundered punches in a round and have their stamina hardly go down.

This.

Just had my second online match and the person i fought just constantly threw punches. I tried to box but it was impossible as his stamina didn't seem to go down. so i just stood there and got sparked. EA really need to sort this. It totally negates the reason to learn to counter punch etc. I can't see how they could be boxing fans and let the game go out with this major problem (for me). I think of some great wars in boxing and no one throws this many punches in 30 seconds let alone a round.

Legacy mode for me, then trade in or sale.

Im finding the online mode ok to be honest, Yes there are people throwing punches relentlessly and the body blows are hard to avoid but I find if you bob and weave enough you can get the counters in to KO them. Not always, obviously.

Not perfect but its still damn good.

Yeah, I'm not having the level of trouble online that'd make me think about giving up online or trading the game. You get plenty of spammers, but as dognuts says, bob, weave and counter and you'll win. Oh, and block, too.

You got spammers on FNR3 too, so it's not like this is a new development.

But then, it's definitely a case of each to their own. I had to give up UFC because the online bothered me so much. Everyone in the UFC thread kept telling me how they weren't finding it too bad, but of course that doesn't help. It only makes it more frustrating.

I'm not going to be about too much, as I'm about to become a father, but if anyone wants to add me (gamertag is Scribblor), I'll fight you and I promise I won't spam punches.

Yeah, I'm not having the level of trouble online that'd make me think about giving up online or trading the game. You get plenty of spammers, but as dognuts says, bob, weave and counter and you'll win. Oh, and block, too.

You got spammers on FNR3 too, so it's not like this is a new development.

But then, it's definitely a case of each to their own. I had to give up UFC because the online bothered me so much. Everyone in the UFC thread kept telling me how they weren't finding it too bad, but of course that doesn't help. It only makes it more frustrating.

I'm not going to be about too much, as I'm about to become a father, but if anyone wants to add me (gamertag is Scribblor), I'll fight you and I promise I won't spam punches.

Fair play, i'll give it another go and try and be more defensive.

It could be i'm just shit online and i leave myself open to horrendous punishment. Back to the gym then.

The EA Sports site actually has some good videos including ones showing you how to do the minigames well which I intend to watch.

Yeah, I watched those yesterday but I didnt really find them that much use to be honest. Plus the bloke who narrates it is SO American its unbelievable, he is maximum irritation.

Online play is shocking, had three fights so far.

First one was absolutely all over me with Duran, who it seems is well overpowered for the lightweights. Headbutted me everywhere, but was varying punches and it was fun so I didn't mind. Lost.

Second one must have got me with a headbutt about eight times and every time he was stunned and got all his stamina and health back by the time he'd been deducted a point. Pain in the arse.

Third one just threw the same punch over and over again. Dropped him pretty early on.

That's not counting the ones who just quit.

I've had some good fights. Had one with a guy in Newcastle earlier today that was awesome. I pasted his Tyson with Lennox, but it was a great fight. Also the flagship song this time round replacing OOH I KNOW YOU LIKE MY SWAGGER is I COME PREPARED. Good tune.

I'm on this - "not the bees".

I love some of the songs already.

That Tokyo Police Club remix is lovely, I wouldn't mind the soundtrack on CD.

Legacy mode has a shockingly poorly designed menu, but still loving it. Fantastic game overall.

Body punch spammers can be easily defeated by just putting your guard low, as soon as you do that their stamina goes down and yours doesn't. Problem solved. Or better still block their body punches and counter, they won't be doing it for long.

Just had a 12 rounder online where I was dominated in rounds 1 and 2, with me suffering a knock down in round 2. The simple problem was that he was very good at countering, and if I threw more than 3 or 4 punches at a time I would get countered relentlessly. So I just started throwing combinations of 3 and 4 punches and he had no answer, with me winning the remaining 8 rounds to take it easily on points. A bit of thought goes a long way. :(

Ive been playing this nearly all day, it just gets better and better. Online is incredible, but then I havent really come accross any of the "body spammers" yet. My game of the year so far without hesitation.

Anyone reading who isnt buying because of the demo (like me initially), I would say ignore it and buy the game. The demo really doesnt do it justice.

Game face thing spits out the exact same Mexican looking bloke for me every single time. It's alarming. I've tried 4 different photos, specially taken, and same guy.

I hope I don't look like that.

Me too, I get teased for having quite small eyes by my friends but in this they've made me mexican with giant anime eyes

Well... what are you doing while these people are spamming?

Blocking constantly should work - every time they hit you your block meter will go down a bit, but their stamina will go down too. So you let them swing away, occasionally backing off just enough to let you stop blocking and start again (which replenishes your block meter immediately, while their stamina meter doesn't replenish very quickly) until they're knackered and unable to defend properly.

Then if you get some vicious combos in, you can stop their stamina from replenishing as quickly as it would otherwise and batter them a bit. Then, when their stamina is back up and they start spamming again, you just repeat what I said above.

If you let them box themselves out by holding your block low, attack when they have an empty stamina bar. They move slower and I think they take more damage from punches. Swarm them and try and work them into a knockdown. Once you get that first knockdown it's lights out if you're against a spammer, just go at them and keep putting them back down.

I cant believe how little interest this is getting on here.....has it not sold well? Its down to £30 on shopto already.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be getting much love. It's funny because everyone I spoke to said they were getting it but in the end only 2 or 3 of my friends list got it. I think the demo put people off because over 3 rounds you can't really appreciate the depth it has.

It's not perfect but what is? I like it a lot.

If they're properly spamming (ie literally just constantly throwing punches with no break at all), then I just keep blocking, making no attempt to punch back unless I get a counter opportunity (and then often just a straight to be safe - no messing about with haymakers or uppercuts that leave you open).

If there are some breaks, I might work the jab a bit to keep their stamina low, making sure I stay on the outside (as they'll often spam even when they can't reach you and you don't even have to bother blocking then). Basically, as Elliot says, the trick is to let them tire themselves out. There's no point getting into a slugfest with them when they're essentially beating themselves for you.

Im no expert on this game but I have to say I dont agree with some of the tactics people are using.

I find that if you try to block people for too long you end up losing on points as there just isnt enough time to come back. The decision goes to the spammer as they were the most offensive fighter.

Sometimes people seem to have so much stamina they can just throw forever, you end up with lower stamina as obviously they do get punches through eventually when your block depletes.

Im personally finding that fighting on the inside works best against them. They are nearly always max height and max weight making it difficult to fight on the outside. Go toe to toe, bob and weave and eventually they leave themselves open, thus giving you the opportunity to counter them hard, sometimes getting a straight knockdown.

I suppose that is what is so appealing about this game to me, how so many people have their own style.

Had some absolutely amazing games of this online the other night including an 8 round battle which could've gone either way right up until I was caught with a counter :( When it shines online, it's pretty much untouchable - give me this over UFC any day of the week.

I've never actually had a fight go the distance. My fighting back when their stamina is low seems to work fine for me. Usually takes seven or eight rounds though.

Ive had about 5 or 6 in 40 odd fights go the distance, but when Ive been KO'd its quite often because Ive left it too late to fight offensively and tried to come back into the fight leaving myself open.

Fought some geezer last night, a giant who just pummelled and pummelled with absolute bombs, not just body blows, everything. Battered me start to finish and KO'd me in round 2. It was almost as if he had a superhuman fighter! No idea how I could have fought him any better. He just tore through my blocks and lost no stamina?

Has anyone actually KO'd someone, say in the first round and they havent got back up. It seems a bit scripted in terms of KO's, get 2 or 3 knockdowns and thats it.