Well I got upto $242 and quit (but its paddy powers $242 so it's an exchange rate of 0.61 or whatever, so not bad for a nights work).

If I get the ipoints fine, if not then well ive got more money now. Can't cash it out for 72 hours mind, but thats paid for Far Cry 2 and Fable 2!!

When you play a cash game, a percentage of the total pot from every hand* is taken by the site. That's called the rake.

*Well, normally it's every hand that sees a flop.

Ah so I probably need to make sure I've raked £10 worth at flops. If I've not its easiest to bet to the flop and then lose?

Thing is if I say, bet $1 on the flop I've not raked $1 have I?? If it's a percentage?

The ipoints website said "sign up for £10 and rake it". So I'd have thought even if its the % of £10 then if I've used that £10 it should be fine?

No, in your example of betting $1 on the flop, you won't contribute that whole $1 to the rake. The site will take a percentage of that. As an example, I play most of my cash Full Tilt – they take 5c for every $1 in the pot, up to a maximum of $3 per hand. You’ll need to find out percentage that particular site takes as rake and work it out from there.

I played again a bit last night and asked customer services what my rake level was at.

£0.15p

Okay...so I've bet a few hundred, won a few hundred and I'm on that? No chance of me bothering to try and rake £10's worth, it will take a stupid amount of hours of play...

As Dazza says, that's not possible. This is somewhat patronising, but are you sure you've been playing real money cash tables every time? Individual hands in tournaments don't contribute to the rake (they take a registration fee instead), and obviously 'play money' hands don't contribute either. Either you're playing the wrong types of games or customer services are getting it incredibly wrong.

What level are you playing at?

I was only playing at real money tables. I played for a few hours, but my ingoings and outgoings were hundreds of dollars.

The table I won the most money at, in 30 hands I won $500 dollars (bet $300). Net profit about $220.

Thing is, if you're only putting a certain amount of each pot to your rake, and it's capped, then surely it's possible? I was playing on 0.5/1 tables - maybe thats it.