IGNORED

Harmonix - "The Beatles"

Eighthours

So with the DLC, are there new backdrops for them? Or do they just re-use existing stuff? I've not got any yet, and if there's new stuff too, I definitely will.

There are new dreamscapes for the DLC, but they aren't quite as extravagant as the ones for the original songs. It seems Harmonix put some dreamscape templates onto the disc that would later get used by the DLC; so you see a few new effects, but they're a bit more cut-and-paste than the really imaginative ones you've already seen.

Shouldn't stop you enjoying the songs though :)

So with the DLC, are there new backdrops for them? Or do they just re-use existing stuff? I've not got any yet, and if there's new stuff too, I definitely will.

A mixture of both really. The Rubber Soul stuff is probably the least imaginative. Or rather, I thought they'd try harder with In My Life, rather than rehashing the 'walking in the field' stuff.

She's Leaving Home has the best dreamscape in the entire game IMO.

Does anyone else find that you can't turn down the mic volume when you have more than one singer? Even when the volume slider is right at the bottom, the sounds of two people trying unsuccessfully to hit the high and low harmonies are still pumping out of my TV and shredding everyones' eardrums.

:blink: Norwegian Wood, Nowhere Man, In my Life, Girl, Michelle, and every other song.

These are all growing on me, actually. I think they'll be fun for the singers in particular. :)

I just think they chose the best of the bunch to include on the disc, as you would expect! No accounting for taste, though.

EDIT: I also mistakenly thought Think For Yourself was already in the game, but obviously not!

and I'd hate it if they rejected potentially excellent DLC on the basis it's not very good for the guitar players.

A lot of the Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road DLC isn't very good for guitar-players, but they fudged it anyway, so I don't suppose they're gonna stop now!

Revolution 9 would be interesting...

They've got the Harrison guitar on PS3/360 for £29.99. Link

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt! I really badly want this & the Beatles limited edition kit which is £90 at Shopto, I have 2xGHWT guitars & the RB1 drums which along with the game from this bundle would probably only fetch about £50 on eBay if I'm lucky. £70 for a better version of what I aleady have + extra mic seems so much :(

This arrived yesterday from HMV. I'm not much of a Beatles fan but I'm really impressed! The drumming had me grinning from ear to ear and I had a shot of singing, which works pretty well. I got 100% singing a couple of songs though, leading me to the conclusion that my Xbox must be drunk...

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt! I really badly want this & the Beatles limited edition kit which is £90 at Shopto, I have 2xGHWT guitars & the RB1 drums which along with the game from this bundle would probably only fetch about £50 on eBay if I'm lucky. £70 for a better version of what I aleady have + extra mic seems so much :(

My lovely lady got me the sexy Gretsch guitar for my birthday on the 4th :(

gretsch-replica-rock-band_gallery_primary.jpg

Can't wait to use it! Although it's going to make me want the rest of the kit even more :o