Harmonix - "The Beatles"

Eighthours

Got the Limited Edition kit today, the drums are so much better then the RB1 drums it's unbelievable. First go on them and I beat all my previous high scores. The Hofner bass however doesn't work, the strum is stuck down. That'll be fun returning the whole set to HMV tomorrow, who only appeared to have one left- mine :angry:

Well that "authentic" achievement where you have to play bass left-handed McCartney style wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Pretty much 100%ed it. Hitherto unknown ambidextrous skills revealed!

This is my first guitar game and I've pretty much abandoned easy except for doing the stage challenges in story mode. Had a try on a couple of hard songs and it might be a bit longer before I make the leap up another grade though.

Does anyone want to sell me a copy of Rock Band 2 for 360? Loving the Beatles still but could do with some proper rawk to mix things up a bit.

After discovering just how awful the GHWT/Metallica guitars are, I'm looking to pick up a decent guitar for this and other games. I see that the John Lennon guitar can be had for a decent price, so I was wondering if that is worth going for. Is it accurate like the old GH explorer?

After discovering just how awful the GHWT/Metallica guitars are, I'm looking to pick up a decent guitar for this and other games. I see that the John Lennon guitar can be had for a decent price, so I was wondering if that is worth going for. Is it accurate like the old GH explorer?

Which guitars aren't 'accurate'? <_<

Got this myself over christmas (PS3). Just have the guitar, but it's awesome. Nearly finished playing through bass on medium, before trying guitar on medium. Then it's on to hard Bass before hard guitar.

Hopefully hard guitar won't be the same mess that GH3 was. I just felt like i was button mashing rather than playing the song.

Also ordered myself the complete Beatles chord book as well. Time to dig the real guitar out again <_<

Out of interest, has anyone tried playing guitar/bass and singing at the same time?

Well the floppy strum bar and squashy fret buttons on my GHWT guitar aren't ideal. I'm pretty rubbish at these games, so I need all the help I can get.

Rock Band guitars have the squashiest strum bars and the clickiest fret buttons. Guitar Hero guitars have clicky strum bars and softer fret buttons. If you don't like the soft strum bars, I'd advise against a Rock Band guitar... although the newer ones are a tad firmer (and the buttons a tad less noisy).

Out of interest, has anyone tried playing guitar/bass and singing at the same time?

Yes, but as is always the case, this is much easier when you know the songs well enough to play them without looking at the lyrics.

Harmony/backing vocals + guitar is my prefered choice. <_<

Yes, but as is always the case, this is much easier when you know the songs well enough to play them without looking at the lyrics.

Harmony/backing vocals + guitar is my prefered choice. <_<

Can you choose which vocal part to sing? I don't have a mic yet, so haven't been able to try it.

Can you choose which vocal part to sing? I don't have a mic yet, so haven't been able to try it.

If you turn harmonies on, you can sing whichever part you want (one melody, up to two harmonies). Obviously this works better if you're singing with someone else.

EDIT: I don't know if you get the option if you've only got one mic.

On the subject of the Beatles guitars: Gretsch Duo or Rickenbacker -- which is better, comfort-wise? They both look a bit thicker than the normal RB strat and I don't want to upgrade to either if they're gonna dig into my arm (like the Hofner does). But I'd quite like the quieter fret buttons, see...

I'm finding the opposite to be honest. After the regular rockband guitar, the Gretsch really digs into my arm. Not sure if it is because I always play standing up, but I'm finding it uncomfortable if I'm just wearing a t-shirt.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing this on the PS3 since Christmas, it's bloody great. Today I've been giving the drum lessons a go, I'm still very rubbish at anything that involves my foot but clearing a stage at 160bpm feels so good.

I have a question though. What is the sliding switch, with four notches, on the Hofner bass for?

That's the sort of moment I wanted this game for... this afternoon, live Quickplay, myself on drums, three players from around the world thanks to the wonders of Xbox Live, 100% for all four of us on Yellow Submarine. Awesome.

Imagine how good it would be on a proper song!