Joss Whedon's Dollhouse - R.I.P

Chase

last weeks was ok, but this latest one was great.

i knew that neighbour girl was a doll though, after the reveal of victor, it was obvious she would be too.

edit: just remembered, i was thinking all the members of the public news programme bits were awful, but the pay off with the bloke towards the end was pretty good.

so, was echo's message really altered or was it just what was planned by the dollhouse all along? hmmm

Cool episode. Anyone else got the hots for the neighbour with the big tits? Just me? I love curves, and in a show full of skinny models, it's quite nice.

I'll admit I was kind of expecting her to be a doll, but there was also a moment where I thought she might not be and end up dead at the hands of doll rapist guy. The show seems to be heading in the direction I thought it might, where more or less anyone could be revealed as a doll. As FBI guy continues investigating, this could lead to some pretty intense paranoia on his part. If the relationship with the neighbour deepens as well, there's a bomb right there, ready to go off if and when he finds out the truth.

I'm guessing it was a fake from the Dollhouse. They seemed happy with how it worked out and presumably were monitoring her conversion. Also they know that he's unlikely to be put off without them killing him so putting him on the wrong track might be the next option.

Why not just kill him then?

I stopped watching this after episode 2 but I kept an eye on this thread to see how it was working out. Based on some positive comments here I caught up with the episodes this evening, and it's still not lighting any fires for me. I'm vaguely interested to find out who is infiltrating the Dollhouse but other than that there's still nothing to hold my attention.

Cool episode. Anyone else got the hots for the neighbour with the big tits? Just me? I love curves, and in a show full of skinny models, it's quite nice.

Yeah, she's kind of hot.

So finally after 6 episodes something happens.

I don't think the message from Echo was faked, the tech guy left the imprint disc unattended for a second so it must have been tampered with then. I'll put my money on the insider being his cute assistant. Pretty great episode.

After FBI guy had finished nailing his neighbour, and asked if he could borrow a cup of sugar, I thought the "I'm all out of sugar!" line was a nice double entendre of sorts. On the whole, the writing was much better. The conversation with the internet mogul and FBI guy was excellent.

So finally after 6 episodes something happens.

I don't think the message from Echo was faked, the tech guy left the imprint disc unattended for a second so it must have been tampered with then. I'll put my money on the insider being his cute assistant. Pretty great episode.

I sort of felt like that was a double bluff for the audience- enough to make you consider that the message from Echo was 'real'. But from what we've seen so far, it would make sense for them to string the FBI agent along- give him enough hope and false info to slowly move him off the scent. Otherwise I'm a little confused as to what their actual plan was- send in Echo just to beat him up or kill him..?

Most of the episode was pretty good but those 'street interviews' were terrible. It was like they went out of their way to hire the worst actor's properly. Although if five episodes down the line it turns out that one of the talking heads was actually Alpha, I'll certainly tip my hat to that.

An excellent episode. Well written, well acted (yes, even from ED), zoomed along at a pace, but never left anything behind or unexplained.

The conversation bit (coupled with the ending) was heartbreakingly good. Also, helloooooooo November!

Really looking forward to next week's now :P

The UK Sci Fi channel has picked up the rights to show Dollhouse in the UK.

So if (when?) Fox pull the plug what are the chances of it jumping ship over the US Sci Fi channel? They have a large BSG filled gap to fill that's for sure.

Maybe Alpha changed the imprint?

Possibly, either that or is part of some sort of scheme by De Witt on Ballard to ultimately take him out of the equation.

I suspect at some point Ballard will be captured by the dollhouse and turned into a doll

Also, the next door neighbour was *so* blatantly a doll from the start; what is quite interesting is that De Witt used a vocal reprogramming thingy over the phone to activate the neighbour's ninja skills, which Topher doesn't know how to do, so suggests there is a more technically advanced doll-programmer kicking around that hasn't been introduced yet

One thing that bugged me a bit about that episode was

how they managed to imprint the internet guy's dead wife's personality onto Echo, eg was she scanned before she died or did they simply re-create her as best they could using a mixture of personalities from their database. In other words do they have the capability to create false memories somehow or do they need the original person's scan to imprint those memories?

yeah it seems that Joss has full control over it now, it seemed like a different show.

Mind, i didnt think it was that great. Maybe i was just sleepy, cos i found it dragging on a little.

Thought it was pretty obvious that the neighbour

was a doll

although i only figured it out this episode early on.

I think the series definitely has potential, the main problem for me is by default the lack of interesting characters, since half of the cast have no (persistent) personality by dint of them being dolls in the first place.

Firefly was great because of the characters and the creativity of the directing, the main draw for me with dollhouse at the moment is seeing how the over-arching story plays out, and on a more basic level, the "Saturday afternoon" action adventure angle of the "engagements" themselves.

Fingers crossed things will start to go a bit more off-piste now that Whedon is in the chair :)

One thing that's either a mistake in the writing or is going to further the plot is that

De Witt's message will still be on the answerphone - neighbour-girl didn't erase it before she was deactivated, and immediately afterwards she curled up and started crying.

As everyone's said, this episode was a massive improvement. I read somewhere that the first seven episodes had been filmed before any of them screened, but has the show been picked up for a full season? On the strength of episode 6, I hope so.

episode 7 is another good one. some great funny moments i thought.

hopefully they'll not go back to the individual storys that it started with, as its much better wihout them.

i still cant see exactly how it will continue though. it seems to be something that is leading to have a definite end, which i think could be a very good thing.

unless it ends up with these dolls escaping and tracking down other houses with alpha perhaps?