League Two - Official thread

SaintM

Tobert 2 - 0 Bill Brown

This game was fairly straight forward and, although I wasn't dominating, I managed to contain Billy and nick and early goal to settle the nerves, got a second on in the second half to seal it but it was mainly a mid field scrap

Bill brown 4 - 1 Tobert

oh dear...my second game curse strikes again, not sure if Bill changes his formation but fell apart completely in this game. I scored first again (in the 4th minute, same as he first game) but he came back with a superb goal which bent round my defender but snuck in at the far post. Second goal was faricle as the ball went back to my goal only for him to have the touch of a sledge hammer and knock it about 10 yards infront of him and into the path of Bills striker who slotting in the second.

I tried to adjust my formation for the second half but it didn't seem to make a difference and cisse and diouf where increasing isolates and, when they did get the ball, swamped. Bill managed to work two more excellent goals whilst I floundered all over the park. Think the stats at the end were something like 13 shots to 3 :wub:

Finally got around to playing Yawdib...

As in our cup game earlier this season i think it was mostly just a case of Sheffield Wednesday not having the speed to make it past my defence. They were constantly on the counter attack and were always almost through, but my chasing defender always caught up and grabbed it off them at the last minute. A couple of my goals were due to my forwards being stronger and just barging their way through, and a couple of them were just plain luck, again probably thanks to the game favouring the higher rated side. I don't think the scores really reflect either of the games accurately.

DangerM (RCD Espanyol) 4 - 0 (Sheffield Wednesday) Yawdib

Yawdib (Sheffield Wednesday) 0 - 7 (RCD Espanyol) DangerM

Cheers for the games.

Kin'ell, how tight is this league?

Tighter than a ducks arse mate, anybody from second to the bottom half of the table is easily within contention for the top spots - apart from first, which lets face it, DangerM has sewn up quite emphatically. :(

I actually got a tiny bit of form going over the last few games, I'm not sure if it's because I've swapped my formation about to better serve Huntelaar or that I've learned how to cross, still can't finish one on one's for shite tho.

I'm so erratic at this game its untrue. Extremely frustrating to say the least. I didn't concede a single goal in my first four league matches, but since then I've been getting dicked on an alarming basis. Last night was a case in point; lost three games in a row decisively, only to win the fourth 4-1. It doesn't help that it's only every fifth game or so that I remember that I don't have to run around like a prick with the sprint button held down non-stop. ARGH.

Mad props also for the moment in the second game where, at 2-0, I was bashing A through a cut-scene and ended up passing my goal kick straight to his attacker. He passed it out of play for another goal kick instead of scoring. I didn't say anything and I was readying myself for the goal and my thoughtless error, he did it of his own accord. Fine conduct A++++ would play again.

No problem, and sorry I forgot to comment on the games after they were played. I just think it's a shame that you couldn't be quite so sporting yourself by letting me win both the games. What an arsehole.

Lazio (sladie) 3 - 0 Porto (Billy Brown)

I was really nervous before this game as I knew I needed to win. Billy had a great chance right at the start of the match, it was a one-on-one (one of those where you almost have too much time). But I scored twice in the first 10 minutes, and added a third before half time. Billy was always dangerous, and as I've got the worst defensive record in the league I was still nervy even at 3-0 up!

Porto 0 - 1 Lazio

This game was really close! We both had a few decent chances, but canceled each other out a bit in the midfield. I scored a really flukey goal - I think Billy was trying to keep the ball in play but basically ended up crossing it to me. Billy had a couple of good chances in the last few moments, and I was a bit lucky to come away with all three points. The ref played AGES of injury time, which made it even worse.

CFTG mate! My heart is still pounding :(

I was absolutely awful in that first game, and not a great deal better in the second. I certainly don't begrudge you the six points, although I was hoping to nick an equaliser in that return fixture. I was indeed trying to hoof the ball into Row Z when my left back decided instead to curl a delicate cross into his own penalty box. Delighted! Well played though, I can't complain at the outcome.

Tobert 2 - 0 Bill Brown

This game was fairly straight forward and, although I wasn't dominating, I managed to contain Billy and nick and early goal to settle the nerves, got a second on in the second half to seal it but it was mainly a mid field scrap

Bill brown 4 - 1 Tobert

oh dear...my second game curse strikes again, not sure if Bill changes his formation but fell apart completely in this game. I scored first again (in the 4th minute, same as he first game) but he came back with a superb goal which bent round my defender but snuck in at the far post. Second goal was faricle as the ball went back to my goal only for him to have the touch of a sledge hammer and knock it about 10 yards infront of him and into the path of Bills striker who slotting in the second.

I tried to adjust my formation for the second half but it didn't seem to make a difference and cisse and diouf where increasing isolates and, when they did get the ball, swamped. Bill managed to work two more excellent goals whilst I floundered all over the park. Think the stats at the end were something like 13 shots to 3 :)

Well played. In terms of my performance, the two games couldn't have been much different. I didn't carve out any chances of note in the first game, while they came thick and fast in the second. Thankfully, I took them for once. I do think the scoreline was harsh on you, though. That first goal of mine in the second was a beauty I have to admit, with the turn inside and the placed shot. Best one I've bagged for ages. Nice to have something to celebrate at the end of a frustrating evening!

Cheers for the games lads, and good luck for the rest of the season.

Bleeders 1 - 1 Whitewashington D.C.

Great game, very close with Whitewashington being very, very unlucky not to have taken the 3 points after a calamatous defensive error, that allowed Huntelaar to equalise at the death.

Whitewashington D.C. 2 - 4 Bleeders

Bit more of an open game this one, with the game tightly poised it could've gone either way. Huntelaar opening the scoring, then the big lad for Wolfsberg hit a tremendous strike to bring the scores level. 1-1 at HT, Wolfsberg came out in the second and put Ajax under immense pressure and got their reward, capitalising on a mis-placed pass to go in front for the first time in the match. Leonardo came supplier for the equaliser, whipping in a dangerous cross for the ever-present Huntelaar to head the equaliser to make it 2-2. The Madrid-bound star, then turned provider passing back to Leonardo shortly after the equaliser to make it 3-2. The Wolfsberg heads went and near the end, Suarez supplied Huntelaar who capped off a hat-trick with a chipped effort.

Good games mate, really enjoyed chatting to you.

Cheers bud.

I'm getting worse at this game ever time I play.

You'll soon go so low on the skill scale that you'll break the 'crap' barrier and be reborn as The One.

The New Baring!

As my FIFA skills wane my Street Fighter skills grow stronger. Not that helps here of course.

As my FIFA skills wane my Street Fighter skills grow stronger. Not that helps here of course.

Unless of course you challenge the winner of each league at the end of the season to a bout in the Street Fighter arena, kick their asses and then declare yourself as some kind of 'ultimate champion' :)

I have DangerM next then. In my wildest of dreams it'll be an encounter like this weekends with him being Chelsea and me being Utd. After a somewhat inconsistent season it'll be the game where it all falls into place and I take The Full Six off him.

In reality I'll probably be shite as usual.

Shoes (Mallorca) 0 - 7 Sladie (Lazio)

I was 0-2 within the first 6 minutes, and rode my luck for a bit in the rest of the half before tucking away a third on the stroke of halftime. I got a few lucky breaks in the second half to extend my lead, whilst at the other end my keeper was in outstanding form. I played pretty well in this game, having 20 shots on goal in all.

Sladie (Lazio) 6 - 0 Shoes (Mallorca)

This scoreline really flatters me, as my keeper saved me on numerous occasions and my finishing was top drawer. I took a 2-0 lead within 10 minutes again, and went in 4-0 up at halftime. I had four chances to score in the first half, and I took them all. This is in stark contrast to my form earlier on in the season! Still, Shoes battled on and really deserved to score at least a couple.

Unlucky mate, thanks for the games and good luck for the rest of the season.

This is the first time this season that I'm not in the relegation zone :)

Yeah, good games. Well. Depressing games. I'm really not this bad a player, and I know it seems churlish heaping all the blame on Mallorca, but I have, am, and will again. My team is all over the shop. No attack and no defence either; all they seem to do is run about randomly and try to hide from the opposing team.

I can't save myself, then! Sob.

My team is all over the shop. No attack and no defence either; all they seem to do is run about randomly and try to hide from the opposing team.

Have you tried messing with custom tactics? Espanyol by default are pretty similar to how you describe Mallorca, but after changing tactics my strikers are always making runs down the wing, which is where most of my chances develop from. Find a team who you play well with and try copying theirs, and their formation.

Yeah, good games. Well. Depressing games. I'm really not this bad a player, and I know it seems churlish heaping all the blame on Mallorca, but I have, am, and will again. My team is all over the shop. No attack and no defence either; all they seem to do is run about randomly and try to hide from the opposing team.

You were causing my quite a few problems with your right winger in both games, but you seemed to lack support in the middle and so you ended up having to shoot (under pressure) from a tight angle.

It's still not too late for you to stay up, but it is going to be tough. You just need to to have one scrappy win to get you going. The second game we played last night was very similar to one of my matches against Tobert which I ended up losing 4-3. So you need a bit of luck as well - a deflected shot, an OG, etc. But it's still not too late! A couple of wins against Tobert in your next matches and you'll have a chance. If I were you I'd try a new formation though as I think 4-3-3 leaves you too exposed in the middle.

It's so tightly poised this league that anything can happen really, keep at it Shoes, have a bit of a rejig.

I must've tried 3 or 4 formations with Ajax (custom tactics have remained the same since I like to move the ball quickly), but I accidentally stumbled on one that works for me (until I get soundly beaten again :(). It keeps things tight-ish defensively and gives me width to attack in the same breath, I had a bit of a play with the attack arrows as well, just to help create space and I don't know whether its me finding a bit of form or the way I've tailored my team, but it seems to be working - for now. Admittedly, if I didn't have Huntelaar, I wouldn't have had half as much luck since he's an absolute monster in the Ibrahimovic mould and when he's in the mood then I tend to have a better game. ;)

It's so tightly poised this league that anything can happen really, keep at it Shoes, have a bit of a rejig.

The league is ridiculously close! When the results are confirmed from last night I'll have moved from 10th to 4th. Even Timmo and Bleeders could be in a spot of trouble if they don't pick up points in their next couple of fixtures...

Boca Juniors 0 - 0 Espanyol

Espanyol 3 - 2 Boca Juniors

The first game was a siege for large parts of the game as Espanyol played throughball after throughball and the lumbering giants in the Boca defence battled to keep the ball away from the goal. The keeper made a few important saves, as well, to earn a very hard fought draw! My heart was thumping at the end due to stress of keeping you out for 90 minutes, with the help of the woodwork!

Really disappointed to lose the second just because of the way the first two goals were given away. Espanyol were on top most of the game but Boca twice took the lead only to lose it thanks to rubbish from the defenders who wouldn't clear the ball but instead gifted Espanyol with goals. Very frustrating when I was working so hard to keep the Spaniards out, who were all over Boca for periods! The third goal was a lovely run and finish, so can't grumble about that! In classic Boca style, as soon as we went behind the team started to look dangerous and probably edged the last 15 or so minutes but couldn't find a way through.

Really tight and enjoyable games! Sorry I couldnt chat, we had unexpected guests and I was informed that the headset was not to make an appearance! :D

I feel knackered from the effort put into that defending!!!

In my first game tonight against Benito it was the first time that I'd been a bit nervous for a game this season. I think because we're in the second half of the season and i need to make sure i make every game count to maintain the top spot, and I know i'll fuck up at some point. Throughout the whole game I was being far too cautious. Whenever i got the ball i just slowly made my way around the pitch, working my way towards the box and when i got there i just fucked about hoping for some clear chance to open up, and it never really did. In the first half my two best chances came from some counter attacking 1 on 1s with the Boca keeper, but i thought about things too much both times and fucked them up. Benito was also creating a few chances throughout the game, but like me didn't manage to make anything of them. By the end of the game both shots and possession were fairly even, but neither of us had anything to show for it.

Boca Juniors (Benito) 0 - 0 (DangerM) RCD Espanyol

Going into the second game i knew i had to be more aggressive if i wanted the 3 points, and right away i created a good chance which bounced straight off the post. Benito went right back to my goal though and scored for himself putting Boca 1 goal ahead. I carried on trying to be aggressive though and almost immediately i pulled things back level. I carried on trying to attack and was creating a fair amount chances, hitting the post a few more times along the way but it didn't matter how much i tried, it didn't seem like i was ever going to score. Eventualy Benito was the one who found the back of the net to put Boca back in the lead, leaving me a bit concerned. As with Benito's first goal though I didn't wait around long to get an equaliser, and i think it was my next attack that created a goal for me putting the score at 2-2. We both carried on creating chances, but I finally managed to put Espanyol in the lead for the first time of the night with about 20 minutes to go, and just held on to the 3 points.

RCD Espanyol (DangerM) 3 - 2 (Benito) Boca Juniors

Cheers for the games!

Timmo 4 - 0 Scratch

Scratch 1 - 1 Timmo

After a tight, nerve-filled first half with no goals, Getafe came out in the second half the better side and scored two quick goals to get a comfortable lead. When Leverkusen broke forward, Getafe's defence stood firm. Two goals later on sealed the deal in a one sided game. I had my confidence back!

For ten minutes. It didn't help that Scratch already spoke of 6 points and was already offering the 'oh well's. (never good for my nerves!) Scratch changed to an extremely defensive formation and frustrated the hell out of me. He took a goal from a corner and stood very firm with excellent defending. Getafe hit the post and had four or five one on ones thwarted throughout, but it wasn't until the 90th minute when an equaliser was found. I felt extremely sorry for Scratch after he worked so hard, but he was the first to say it was a fair result. Great work on the tactics mate, you very nearly had me there!

Thanks for the chat and the games, all the best in your playoff hunt! Unless I'm in it!

Timmo 4 - 0 Scratch

Scratch 1 - 1 Timmo

After a tight, nerve-filled first half with no goals, Getafe came out in the second half the better side and scored two quick goals to get a comfortable lead. When Leverkusen broke forward, Getafe's defence stood firm. Two goals later on sealed the deal in a one sided game. I had my confidence back!

For ten minutes. It didn't help that Scratch already spoke of 6 points and was already offering the 'oh well's. (never good for my nerves!) Scratch changed to an extremely defensive formation and frustrated the hell out of me. He took a goal from a corner and stood very firm with excellent defending. Getafe hit the post and had four or five one on ones thwarted throughout, but it wasn't until the 90th minute when an equaliser was found. I felt extremely sorry for Scratch after he worked so hard, but he was the first to say it was a fair result. Great work on the tactics mate, you very nearly had me there!

Thanks for the chat and the games, all the best in your playoff hunt! Unless I'm in it!

Never in the first match, despite the great defending (for me) It just felt like we were waiting for you to get the breakthrough and when you did you quickly got another three and it was all over, don't think I had a shot in either half.

Second game I went much more defensive and hoped to get lucky on the break, sneaked the goal and had many more chances in this one but you were unlucky to not be at least even at the break. You definitely deserved your equaliser and if you had got it earlier you probably would have gone on to win this one as well.

CFTG and good luck with your push for promotion, look's more like a relegation fight for me <_< .

Not my usual creative match reports tonight. I am too physically and mentally exhausted after that.

Sladie 1 - Yiggy 2

Bit of a mugging this. Very battling but I managed to go 1-0 up. Sladie equalized just after half time (or something) and then was peppering my goal with shots. Woodwork twice, cleared off the line that sort of thing. In the very definition of against the run of play I hit the winner then held up till the final whistle.

Yiggy 1 - Sladie 5

Sladie won. I am too pained to say much more but it was one of those nightmare sluggish performances that you seem to get from time to time. I did fuck all for 70 minutes except conceded goals. Then I started playing half decent and managed to get one back. Too late of course and despite all my shots coming in the last 20 minutes I was well and truly spent. Very well played and some nice finishing Sladie.

Good games. Equal spoils and a very tense end to the season coming. I am sure 2nd is out for me now. That would have required 2 wins Im sure but a play off place is still possible. Then again so is relegation.

I am so glad I have the league leader as my last fixtures!