League Two - Official thread

SaintM

Sladie 1 - Yiggy 2

Bit of a mugging this. Very battling but I managed to go 1-0 up. Sladie equalized just after half time (or something) and then was peppering my goal with shots. Woodwork twice, cleared off the line that sort of thing. In the very definition of against the run of play I hit the winner then held up till the final whistle.

Sorry mate, but you've got this a bit wrong. I went 1-0 up in this game early on (6 mins I think) and it was you that equalised against the run of play on about 20 mins. I was on top of this game from the first whistle, and somehow managed to miss almost every chance I had. I hit the post, I hit the bar, I missed numerous one of ones, I missed a couple of absolute sitters from square balls across the 6 yeard box and the keeper was unbeatable. Quite honestly, I really should have been 5-0 up at half time. I'm just going to have to put it down to one of those games, as I'm not sure that there was anything else that I could have done.

As all this was happening, I could sense that Yiggy was probably going to nick a goal on the break. I was getting more and more frustrated with the way I was playing, and the winner on 75 mins was no real surprise in the end. I conceded from my own corner, when instead of bringing my CB back into cover I tried to win the ball on the halfway line. Yiggy jostled through and tucked away his chance. I played fairly rubbish after that as I was a spent force. Very much a mugging!!

Yiggy 1 - Sladie 5

Sladie won. I am too pained to say much more but it was one of those nightmare sluggish performances that you seem to get from time to time. I did fuck all for 70 minutes except conceded goals. Then I started playing half decent and managed to get one back. Too late of course and despite all my shots coming in the last 20 minutes I was well and truly spent. Very well played and some nice finishing Sladie.

From my point of view, this was just rewards for the first game! I actually took my chances this time, and raced into a 4-0 lead at halftime. After that, I didn't really push too hard in the second half and was content to sit back on my lead. So the game just ended in a bit of a midfield battle.

Overall I am gutted not to have taken all 6 points as I dominated both games. But I would've take 3 points at the start, so it's not a complete diaster. Still, I've got a lesson to learn from the first game as I essentially threw away a point because I was so frustrated with my finishing.

Good games mate, and good luck for the rest of the season!!

Whatver dude. I did say it was a mugging. I just blanked out who scored and when. Now you remind me you are quite correct. You scored early in the 2nd game as well. Shots were something like 18v13 in the first game.

Good luck for the rest of the season as well.

Whatver dude. I did say it was a mugging. I just blanked out who scored and when. Now you remind me you are quite correct. You scored early in the 2nd game as well. Shots were something like 18v13 in the first game.

I didn't mean anything by it, I was just confirming what you said in your post and that I was really disappointed. Shots were 19 v 11 in the first game - and I think most of yours were after you scored your second goal. In the second game it was something like 11 v 7.

You were obviously disappointed by the second game, but I think I deserved at least 3 points from those fixtures last night so you shouldn't feel too hard done by. But I'm sorry if my match report came across in a bad way, as this wasn't my intention at all.

Honest Pete's Final Furlong Update

_39940783_bookie_203.jpg

Top geezer

"DangerM will be lording it araand 'is manor by the end of the season."

Duffers

"Shoes, Braan 'n , how do you farking say that? Yardie? Yoobdi? Fark off, I just call him Monkey Nuts. Shoes, Braaan 'n Monkey Nuts are all going daaan."

Note: Pete's opinions are his own and do not reflect the view of the rllmulkproevo.co.uk admin team. Any likeness to persons real or fictional is totally coincidental. Please direct all complaints to Pete's Wife, Maureen.

No worries. You certainly did deserve 3 points at least. Not long after the 2nd game started I was saying to the missus that I would be well chuffed to take 3 points out of the two games as you were battering me good and proper and definiatly had the edge. I would say you deserved more over the two games overall so if anything you should be more annoyed than me.

This league is just too ridiculously close.

No worries. You certainly did deserve 3 points at least. Not long after the 2nd game started I was saying to the missus that I would be well chuffed to take 3 points out of the two games as you were battering me good and proper and definiatly had the edge. I would say you deserved more over the two games overall so if anything you should be more annoyed than me.

This league is just too ridiculously close.

It is ridiculously close!! I went from 11th to 4th with my wins against shoes - now that's ridiculous!! And it makes the games even more tense now as one bad night and anyone could go from pushing for promotion to a relegation scrap...Question is, who is going to hold their nerve?!!

I can't remember which half i scored my first goal in, but i had to wait a long time to get any real chance on goal. Wolfsburg were defending well and were blocking any attempt at passing in the area, but once the first goal finally came a few more chances started to open up and I managed to get a second. By the end of the game Wolfsburg just had the edge on possession, but didn't manage to get anything out of the chances they created.

RCD Espanyol (DangerM) 2 - 0 (D.C.) Vfl Wolfsburg

In the second game Wolfsburg seemed to be attacking a lot more, but my defenders just had the edge and outpaced the Wolfsburg strikers to steal the ball whenever they got close, and then sent the ball quickly up to the other end for a series of counter attacks, which is where most of my goals came from starting in the 21st minute. With the score at 0 - 3 after 49 minutes it didn't seem like Wolfsburg were going to come back, but Dzeko put one away nicely from outside the area in the 70th minute to give them a bit of hope. Tamudo came right back though and scored another which pretty much sealed the victory for Espanyol, but he wasn't happy until he got a hat trick by stealing the ball of the Wolfsburg keeper in the 90th minute.

Vfl Wolfsburg (D.C.) 1 - 5 (DangerM) RCD Espanyol

Cheers for the games!

'AJAX CURRENT FORM CONTINUES... FOR NOW'

huntelaar_suarez_droomkoppel.jpg

Shoes 1 - 4 Bleeders

Nervy start from the plucky young Ajax side, Mallorca made all the running in the early going forcing errors from the normally reliable Ajax midfield. Luckily they held out and the talismanic combo of Suarez and Huntelaar combined to put the away side in front. This steadied the ship somewhat and Huntelaar and Suarez again combined to put the visitors three up at the break.

Second half, Mallorca came out and got right in the Ajax faces again forcing errors and got their rewards with a goal shortly after the restart. Ajax started to feel a bit uneasy now and Mallorca kept pressing, Ajax saw a number of chances spurned and it needed a fourth which came late on in the second half to seal the victory and the points.

Bleeders 7 - 1 Shoes

Ajax's home record hasn't been particularly great this season, but the last few fixtures has seen a marked improvement. Ajax started out strongly this time, doing their level best to move the ball quickly and not allow Mallorca time to get in their faces. 10 minutes in and the tricky Suarez found his way into the box and rifled the ball past the keeper. Huntelaar doubled the lead shortly after, whilst the majority of the game was being played in the middle with both midfields doing their best to assume dominance, Leonardo out wide went on a maurading run down the flank to cut inside and feed Huntelaar to put the home side three up at the break.

Second half, and Ajax picked up where they left off. Grabbing a fourth after the restart before Huntelaar was forced off after a tackle in the opponents half. Sulejmani came on as his replacement and did his best to play the Huntelaar role. Mallorca grabbed a goal back, after some inventive play into the box, but this Ajax side wasn't to be detered with the enigmatic Suarez completing his hat-trick, then turning provider to Sulejmani (x2) to seal the points.

Thanks for the games mate, good luck with the rest of the season.

Well played Bleeders, you are in a great run of form!

I noticed on the league website that Yawdib took 6 points off Scratch yesterday!! There's a little bit of a gap opening up at the bottom now, but Billy and Benito both have games in hand so it could all close up again pretty soon.

Well played Bleeders, you are in a great run of form!

I noticed on the league website that Yawdib took 6 points off Scratch yesterday!! There's a little bit of a gap opening up at the bottom now, but Billy and Benito both have games in hand so it could all close up again pretty soon.

Thanks mate, you are as well I noticed! :D

I'm hoping for it to continue since it's still tight, all it needs is for any number of players in the league to stick a few wins on the board and it could be relegation battle; such a fine line in this league really is.

Sheffield Wed 3 – 1 Leverkusen

Leverkusen 0 – 3 Sheffield Wed

Never in either of these games, Yawdib totally in control. Played the same formation/tactic’s as my previous game with Timmmo where I felt I’d defended pretty well (despite the results) but Yawdib’s passing and finishing was excellent.

When I did have the ball there just seemed to be no space to pass or move into. The first match I hit the post early on and that was the nearest I came until my goal late on which was not a classic – the ball almost not crossing the line after rebounding off one of my forwards.

Don’t remember getting a shot in in the second match, I do remember Yawdib’s first goal though, a classy free kick from just outside the area which went right in the top corner (does he ever miss).

Cheers for the games and chat Dan, good luck with your remaining games.

Conference here I come!

Yiggy 0 - 1 Tobert

We were meant to be playing our games tomorrow (i was going to practice tonight) but Yiggy messaged me to ask if we wanted to play tonight. We both commented before kick off on how close things our in the league and this translated into the game which was about an tense and close as they come. We were both playing tight mid-fields and this showed with 6 men scruming it out in and around the centre circle.

Half time came with only a couple of shots each and the second continued to be very tight with only a few chances each, (although both of us hit the posts/bars and had a couple of times heart in mouth momments). Then in the 78th minute Kenway jones broke, screamed into the box and calmly slotted it into the bottom right. I nearly jumped out of my chair, the relief was huge, a real fist pumping moment. However i still had 10 minutes to go and needed to keep my head and see the game out, I made this as hard as possible with some really bad clearances but ended on top

Tobert 4 - 0 Yiggy

I commented before this game that I nearly always find a tight game is followed by a much freer flowing game however, dispite the score, this wasn't the case. It was equally tight, it was just I managed to finish most of my chances whilsy yiggy's front men seemed unable to hit water if they were in a boat.

I went up early on with malbranq slotting into a tiny gap between the keeper and post but Yiggy kept his composure and continued to plug awaywith some great chances. Then in second half I put Diouf through who slotted it away making it two and widened the gap. I think signalled a change of tactics from yiggy who seemed to push men forward however this worked against him as I could use the space behind and slotted in two more before the end (including a great chipped shot from Malbranq again)

Thanks for the game mate, tt was very tight and I feel I got a lot of the luck :)

So looking at the table (and taking in acount the games above) its looks like the top half of the table have all played 16 games and its soooooo close:

DangerM 40

Timmo 28

Bleeders 28

Yawdib 28

Tobert 25

Nada Surf 24

Blimey!

(Plus a couple of wins for Benito and Bill brown, both on 14 games, would put them at 21 points!)

That's the scary thing, we could still end up in the bottom half if results didn't go our way as well, since there's 18 points to play for (if you've got 3 opponents left to play).

This game really needs a spectator option, btw. :)

I reckon games are beginning to get quite nervy and tense now, I was far more vocal in my game against Shoes (yes, even more than usual if you've been privvy to my foul language towards my players :) ).

With that said though, this is my first RLLMUK League and it's why I play FIFA now, tbh. My game has improved immeasurably playing you guys in this league, especially after my horror start to the league, where anything but relegation (still the goal, lol) would've made me very happy.

I'm hoping Huntelaar and Suarezcan get my over the finishing line over the next few games. Much like the Premiership, there are no fore-gone conclusions, anyone is perfectly capable of beating anyone in L2 -- apart from Danger, who when you thought you might be able to salvage a rare win, a draw is the outcome. :lol:

In anycase, we're nearing the run-in stage now lads, so good luck to you all and hopefully see you in the play-offs!

Wow, I was really hoping the Yiggy and Tobert would share the points in those games. Great wins for you there, Tobes!! Puts you right in contention for automatic promotion now.

I'd say that Bleeders is favourite now for second place as he's in great form and me, Yawdib and Timmo have all got to play each other still.

I'm playing my games against Scratch tomorrow evening!!

I reckon games are beginning to get quite nervy and tense now, I was far more vocal in my game against Shoes (yes, even more than usual if you've been privvy to my foul language towards my players :) ).

Last nights games were exceptionally tense, we both commented before the matchs that these games could make or break our season and that translated on the pitch, both of us played very tight with quite defence minded displays (at half time I think it was 3 shots to 1). You would think that winning would help but its only turned the screw tighter

Wow, I was really hoping the Yiggy and Tobert would share the points in those games. Great wins for you there, Tobes!! Puts you right in contention for automatic promotion now.

Thanks mate, I had been practicing on Sunday, messing around with my formation and tactics, however THB both games hung on a knife edge most of the time.

I have shoes, Scratch and Timmo for my run in, all big games but the last some with the cheeky snowflakes could be massive for both of us...

It's taken me half a season to get my tactics and formation sorted, since by default Ajax are setup as a 4-3-3, which doesn't really suit my style of play. However, tinkering with the formation and attacking/defending arrows seems to have worked out okay for me.

All I can do is play how I've been performing over the last few matches and hope for the best, I find if I play it cagey, I'll fudge up. :)

All I can do is play how I've been performing over the last few matches and hope for the best, I find if I play it cagey, I'll fudge up.

Same here - I can't 'do' cagey or defensive. My worst half of the season was in my first game against Benito, where I tried out a new defensive formation. All that happened was that I barely got out of my half, and had to hold off waves after waves of pressure. I'm rubbish at defending, so my only really hope is to try and score lots of goals!

I've got Scratch, Timmo and Yawdib as my run in.

And CONGRATULATIONS to DangerM, who I think we can safely predict as League Two Champion!! Well played mate, you thoroughly deserve the mug and shouldn't have too long to wait before it's all confirmed!

Indeed, I can't see DangerM relinquishing top spot and it's thoroughly well deserved. It's a good place to be I summise, sitting top with points on the boards watching the rest of us scrapping it out for the automatic promotion spot.

Defending isn't my bag either, although I am getting better at it; attacking is the best form of my defence, and not giving the ball away helps as well. :)

Yiggy 0 - 1 Tobert

We were meant to be playing our games tomorrow (i was going to practice tonight) but Yiggy messaged me to ask if we wanted to play tonight. We both commented before kick off on how close things our in the league and this translated into the game which was about an tense and close as they come. We were both playing tight mid-fields and this showed with 6 men scruming it out in and around the centre circle.

Half time came with only a couple of shots each and the second continued to be very tight with only a few chances each, (although both of us hit the posts/bars and had a couple of times heart in mouth momments). Then in the 78th minute Kenway jones broke, screamed into the box and calmly slotted it into the bottom right. I nearly jumped out of my chair, the relief was huge, a real fist pumping moment. However i still had 10 minutes to go and needed to keep my head and see the game out, I made this as hard as possible with some really bad clearances but ended on top

Tobert 4 - 0 Yiggy

I commented before this game that I nearly always find a tight game is followed by a much freer flowing game however, dispite the score, this wasn't the case. It was equally tight, it was just I managed to finish most of my chances whilsy yiggy's front men seemed unable to hit water if they were in a boat.

I went up early on with malbranq slotting into a tiny gap between the keeper and post but Yiggy kept his composure and continued to plug awaywith some great chances. Then in second half I put Diouf through who slotted it away making it two and widened the gap. I think signalled a change of tactics from yiggy who seemed to push men forward however this worked against him as I could use the space behind and slotted in two more before the end (including a great chipped shot from Malbranq again)

Thanks for the game mate, it was very tight and I feel I got a lot of the luck :)

Great reports. I pretty much concur with all of that.

Good observation about players pushing forward towards the end of the 2nd game as well. Naturally I tried to push more players forward as it was essentially go for broke as far as the season was concerned. It has worked for me before but alas not last night. My shots to goals ratio was incredibly frustrating, especially as it has essentially put an end to my play off challenge. I will need to win all 4 of my remaining games against THE TOP 2 TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE in order to have any hope of staying in it.

But I live for the tenseness in these matches. I started out quite happy and ended up miserable as sin. Its all good fun though.

If I maintain my better goal difference I think I only need 6 points out of the possible 18 remaining to guarantee the top spot, and unless I suddenly turn rubbish that shouldn't be too difficult.

It would be nice to have a League 2 winners mug to go along with the League 1 mug i've already got. I doubt I'll ever get a mug for the higher leagues though :).

I'm sure you are all aware, but it's worth repeating that the auto promotion/play-off spots are not set in stone. They could change as the gaps in the upper leagues are filled.

Nothing is certain until we have the sign-ups for next season sorted of course, so don't take yer foot off the pedal!