League Two - Official thread

SaintM

Bold prediction; I predict either Timmmo or Tobert for the second automatic spot.

PRESSURE!

:)

You can't shake off the pressure that easy mate!! Everyone is expecting you to bag second place now!!

All I have to do is win every game against three in form teams, whilst off form. 2nd place is pretty much guaranteed!

On paper you've definitely got the hardest run-in out of the current top 6

:)

You can't shake off the pressure that easy mate!! Everyone is expecting you to bag second place now!!

:wub:

Living up to expectation isn't my forte mate, honest. :)

In all seriousness, any one of us could easily bag it, well within our grasp, just depends on who cracks first. :wub:

I'm sure you are all aware, but it's worth repeating that the auto promotion/play-off spots are not set in stone. They could change as the gaps in the upper leagues are filled.

Nothing is certain until we have the sign-ups for next season sorted of course, so don't take yer foot off the pedal!

I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean 2nd might be playoffs rather than automatic? Can you explain please.

More that there may be three auto-promotion spots I suspect. We've already lost a player in both the Premiership and Championship and those places will have to be filled next year. Looking at it, I guess there will be two extra spots in The Championship next year (assuming no one else drops out) which will be filled by League One players (?) leaving spaces in L1 and so on...

I was also expecting a season of mid table mediocity just to settle in. My mixed results certainly suggest that should be the case. As it stands, with six games left, I could get automatic promotion, playoffs, nothing, or even relegation. Insanely close.

Sheff Wed 2 - 1 Boca Juniors

Boca 1 - 3 Sheff Wed

Sadly, the two worst games I have played on FIFA. Both horrible and laggy (apart from about 45 mins in the second game which was great) and utterly joyless because of it. Endless one-twos and throughballs were nigh on impossible to defend because of the lag and both goals in the first game came purely from the defenders not passing because of button lag. In the first game, towards the end, I had three one-on-ones that ended with the player just running into the kepper because he wouldn't shoot.

Yawdib scored a superb free-kick in the second game and respect for playing as Wednesday - if it wasn't laggy and he had a decent team (no offence :wub: ), I'd probably have been stuffed anyway.

Gutted that I could end up going down because of that, as it's the first time I've ever experienced lag in a league game when it's not been someone leaving their torrents on, that caused it!

Moan, moan, moan. Oh, and before anyone says it, I know I should have quit in the first game, I just always feel bad doing that.

Bill Brown 2 - 0 Bleeders

Started off reasonably well, but should've seen the writing on the wall when I managed to hit the post a couple times early on, bloody thing wouldn't go in. Bill continued to press and probe, whilst defending astutely and rarely giving Huntelaar or Suarez as much as a sniff, if they did break through, the keeper pulled off a couple magnificent saves. Bill's number 9 I think it was produced a bit of trickery to get into the box and fired home.

Second half, more of the same, Ajax just never got going and were never allowed to exert themselves. Bill sealed the points on the 75 mark by breaking through the rear guard and slotting away. Thoroughly deserved victory on Bill's part.

Bleeders 3 - 1 Bill Brown

Better performance from Ajax this time round, again, Bill's Porto lot tough to break down, but Suarez managed to nip in after Huntelaar slotting a neat little pass into the box and stick it past the keeper. Again, like the first game, Ajax's defence just wasn't dealing with balls into them today and the scores were levelled shortly in the second half.

Straight from kick-off, Huntelaar jinked his way into the box to put it past the oncoming keeper to make it 2. Both teams continued to press and probe and it was Suarez on 80 who found space down the right and chipped the keeper from just inside the box.

Thanks for the games mate, good luck for the rest of the league.

Espanyol have all but confirmed their league title...

The first game against Billy Brown started well with a long range effort from Valdo going in off the keeper's hands in the 7th minute. Tamudo carried things on nicely with two more goals before the end of the first half leaving the score at 3-0 at half time. After that though things just started to get a bit scrappy in midfield and the ball was going all over the place, with me being the one to usualy find my way out of the mess with a chance on goal. I didn't manage to get another past the keeper or the posts until the 72nd minute though when Tamudo got his hat trick, followed a minute later with his fourth and final of the game.

RCD Espanyol (DangerM) 5 - 0 (Billy Brown) FC Porto

The second game carried on the scrappyness started at the end of the first, but i carried on pushing my way out to create chances. It seemed for a while that nothing was really going to come of it though, until the 26th minute when a well placed cross onto the back post gave an easy opener for Tamudo off his head. He followed this up with another a few minutes later, and despite a few more chances Porto managed to keep the score at 0-2 by half time. The second half carried on much like the first, and Tamudo got another hat trick in the 60th minute off a long curling cross right into the box. Plenty more chances came for Espanyol for the rest of the half, and Tamudo finally got his eighth goal of the night with 2 minutes to go.

FC Porto (Billy Brown) 0 - 4 (DangerM) RCD Espanyol

Cheers for the games!

sladie 0 - 1 scratch

scratch 1 - 6 sladie

Amazingly tense games! Scratch defended so well in the first game, i hardly got a look in. Managed to turn it around in the second game. Great games....amazing season!

Agreed, first game nothing in it, I felt lucky to grab the winner as a draw would have been a much fairer result.

Second game you clinically put away what seemed like every chance you got, I changed formation and grabbed one back but after that never really troubled you in front of goal.

CFTG Sladie and good luck with your remaining games, see you tomorrow night for BAP.

Shoes 1 - 2 Tobert

Tight game this one, I started off strongly and got a goal but couldn't find a second, Shoes equalised in the second half to put the pressure back on but I managed to slot away another around 75 minutes and held on for the win

Tobert 5 - 1

I was much more dominant in this one but think I perhaps relied on cheap lofted through balls to Cisse who put away 3 before the break. Second half brough on kenway jones who tapped in after a neat pass from Cisse, then the 5th was a header. Shoes got a well worked goal at the death but the match was mine.

Thanks for the games mate :)

Next two look to be massive for Toberts Tornados

CisseAP2208_450x300.jpg

sladie 0 - 1 scratch

scratch 1 - 6 sladie

Amazingly tense games! Scratch defended so well in the first game, i hardly got a look in. Managed to turn it around in the second game. Great games....amazing season!

So what do these latest scores do to the table?!?!

arrrgggggggggggggg the pressure !!!1!!1!1!!

Agreed, first game nothing in it, I felt lucky to grab the winner as a draw would have been a much fairer result.

Second game you clinically put away what seemed like every chance you got, I changed formation and grabbed one back but after that never really troubled you in front of goal.

First game was probably the closest and least open game I've played this season. I just couldn't create anything, with your 5 at the back and 3 central midfielders stopping me from playing down the middle. You were defending superbly, and always looks dangerous on the break. I think the shots were something like 11 v 7 to me, but I think all of mine were half-chances at best. I think the real killer for me in this game was that I didn't win any second balls in midfield. If I could have isolated your back line against my CAM and LF/RF then I think I would have got some joy. But your DCM play was fantastic. It always looked like one goal would be enough to win this, with Scratchy popping up with the winner on 75 mins.

Second game I actually managed to create some chances!! I decided that the answer was to try and move the ball a bit quicker up to my front two, and it worked. Got the first goal on 15 mins and that took the pressure off a bit. I scored a lovely PES-style second on 30 mins (beautifully timed chipped through ball that left Pandev in acres of space) and added a third before half time. I didn't create too much else, but having created nothing in the first game I was just happy to have the opportunities!! Second half I was much more relaxed, but nerves went a bit when Scratch made it 4-1. But another couple of goals and I was cruising again. Shots in this one were 15 v 2.

Great games. And I think overall a share of the points was a fair result.

But I think that pretty much ends any hopes I have of automatic promotion. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak into the playoffs now!