League Two - Official thread

SaintM

Played scratch last night.

The season didn't start well with Moises scoring an own goal for me after 9 minutes, and then for the rest of the first half despite having a fair amount of shots to scratch's none i couldn't manage to score. Early on in the second half though Tamudo managed to bring things level, but after that I was still struggling to find the back of the net despite plenty of chances. In the 66th minute De Le Pena finally managed to stumble into possession inside the box and put the ball away to give me the lead. In the last 10 minutes Tamudo and Luis Garcia found some finishing ability to grab me another couple, leaving the score at 4-1.

RCD Espanyol (DangerM) 4 - 1 (scratch) Bayer Leverkusen

The second game went a bit more smoothly, with De La Pena putting me in the lead after 7 minutes. Tamudo got me another just before half time, and a second mid way through the second half. Like in the first game though I felt like I should have made more of the 17 shots that I had and should have got at least a couple more goals. Still, can't complain too much.

Bayer Leverkusen (scratch) 0 - 3 (DangerM) RCD Espanyol

Totally and utterly outplayed in both games (and the cup match afterwards ;) ).

I'm usually pretty chatty DangerM so apologies but I was almost speechless at how poor my performance was, which was down to how well you played.

It felt like the only time I got a touch the ball was kicking off again each time you scored.

You probably should have had about 10 in that second game.

As I've never had a victory in our previous encounters I wasn't expecting to get anything but you've already ruined my season :( .

CFTG, I think you'll should do OK this season :( , thanks for wishing me luck - I'm going to need it :( .

I am impressed with your choice of the Owls! If I'd have known I might have picked QPR!

I've been them for the past two seasons and been promoted twice! I'd have been in the Premiership with them now if the G12 wasn't disbanded ;)

Another promotion isn't looking likely this season though, I'm getting battered by every random I play...

Although I appreciate the creativity that goes into crafting a finely honed team name, "Tim spoons it's Rapists" isn't really within the acceptable limits of what you can have.

I've changed it back to your username, so if you wanna change it to something else please think Disney-level of acceptability!

I've messed up a bit. I didn't realise this league was going to be so big, or that we hsd fixtures, and I'll be away from the end of November to the end of December. I'm sorry, guys. You know I'm usually good for it. I was thinking I could play my December fixtures within the next two weeks or something? Would that be okay?

:lol:

It's better for everyone if you can play them beforehand, noting:

* You can play your future matches in advance if you wish, but try to keep the scores quiet until the fixtures are active. You can enter results for future matches onto the website and they will only be counted in the tables etc once they are active.

If you do need extensions, you'll need to contact mackenie to arrange them to be added.

I've messed up a bit. I didn't realise this league was going to be so big, or that we hsd fixtures, and I'll be away from the end of November to the end of December. I'm sorry, guys. You know I'm usually good for it. I was thinking I could play my December fixtures within the next two weeks or something? Would that be okay?

:)

we aren't due to play until the first week in December but if it helps we can play before you go :lol:

;)

Just try and get all the fixutres played out now. Update the notes on the website and I am sure most people will be happy to play them now. If Im one of them I'll gladly play you this week if you like.

;)

No problem, send me a PM when you want to play them.

Mallorca 0 – 4 Wolfsburg

This was a tighter match than the scoreline suggests. Both teams started off trading blows in a midfield battle for possession and there were half chances that both teams couldn’t take. Just before the break though the Dzeko blasted a ball right through the Mallorca keeper on the end of a lovely passing move. The power was a sight to behold. Then just a minute later (MotM) Gentner slotted home to really ease the pressure off the visitors before the break. The second half started in much the same way as the first with both teams going at it but Wolfsburg mananged to sustain a period of pressure during which Grafite collected an inch perfect cross to head into the net and minutes later score again with his fore from a corner. Tense stuff.

Wolfsburg 1 – 0 Mallorca

This match was a scrappier affair than the first with both teams seemly more familiar with their opponents strengths and weaknesses. A lot of the play was in the midfield until (MotM) Gentner tucked one away after a tidy break. The only other moments of note were a 40 yard screamer that hit the bar from the Wolfsburg captain, Josue, a harsh sending off for one of the Mallorca defenders and the intesnse pressure the visitors put the home side under in the last 25 mins.

Cheers mate and thanks for the games.

P.S. How do I set up a 7 minutes match (anyone)? I had to get Shoes to host both games as I am a spacker and couldnt suss it out in any sort of reasonable time. SOrry again about that Shoes, cheers for the games and god luck for the rest of the season.

Mallorca 0 – 4 Wolfsburg

This was a tighter match than the scoreline suggests. Both teams started off trading blows in a midfield battle for possession and there were half chances that both teams couldn’t take. Just before the break though the Dzeko blasted a ball right through the Mallorca keeper on the end of a lovely passing move. The power was a sight to behold. Then just a minute later (MotM) Gentner slotted home to really ease the pressure off the visitors before the break. The second half started in much the same way as the first with both teams going at it but Wolfsburg mananged to sustain a period of pressure during which Grafite collected an inch perfect cross to head into the net and minutes later score again with his fore from a corner. Tense stuff.

Wolfsburg 1 – 0 Mallorca

This match was a scrappier affair than the first with both teams seemly more familiar with their opponents strengths and weaknesses. A lot of the play was in the midfield until (MotM) Gentner tucked one away after a tidy break. The only other moments of note were a 40 yard screamer that hit the bar from the Wolfsburg captain, Josue, a harsh sending off for one of the Mallorca defenders and the intesnse pressure the visitors put the home side under in the last 25 mins.

Cheers mate and thanks for the games.

P.S. How do I set up a 7 minutes match (anyone)? I had to get Shoes to host both games as I am a spacker and couldnt suss it out in any sort of reasonable time. SOrry again about that Shoes, cheers for the games and god luck for the rest of the season.

Sorry about my mic. I think it's naffed. But yeah, good games. My first with Mallorca... maybe I should have tried them before picking them? I'll have to sort out their formation. It's rubbish. No excuses, though: you were better. Just one more excuse: I had pins and needles in my left hand which made it harder!

Tobert 3-4 Synchronated

Synchronated 3-5 Tobert

Bleeders 1-3 Synchronated

Synchronated 1-3 Bleeders

Good games Bleeders and Tobert :)

Real shame that every game between closely-matched opponents is pretty much a foregone conclusion (a win for the away team) due to the home disadvantage online being colossal. It's not a lag issue, the home team's players evidently and demonstrably have no clue what they're doing or where anything is! Hopefully the patch will address it.

Seconded Synchronated, frustrating isn't the word sometimes when the players feel like fat, overweight heffers who've never seen a ball in their lives.

Good games though, I think both games contrasted how the game itself does have a big say how a team plays before a ball is kicked.

Still, got my Bicycle achievement for Huntelaar's consolation effort, so it wasn't all bad (apart from the result). :)

Seconded Synchronated, frustrating isn't the word sometimes when the players feel like fat, overweight heffers who've never seen a ball in their lives.

Or if they just twat the ball into their own net! :):)

Shoes, if you hosted both games I think you've a case for a replay of one of them. Hosting is no small disadvantage at the moment on FIFA's netcode.

Real shame that every game between closely-matched opponents is pretty much a foregone conclusion (a win for the away team) due to the home disadvantage online being colossal. It's not a lag issue, the home team's players evidently and demonstrably have no clue what they're doing or where anything is! Hopefully the patch will address it.

If it does exist, i'm not convinced it is to that great an extent.

Of the 56 matches so far played and reported,

22 were home wins

25 were away wins

9 were draws

Over time it may become more pronounced of course, but at this moment I don't think it's that clear cut.

If it does exist, i'm not convinced it is to that great an extent.

Of the 56 matches so far played and reported,

22 were home wins

25 were away wins

9 were draws

Over time it may become more pronounced of course, but at this moment I don't think it's that clear cut.

It's night and day so far for me.

Also some matches may not have been reported correctly in terms of H/A (for instance, the games above where Shoes definitely hosted both games).

Fricking FIFA.

Post about 7 times in two games. 1 point from all that is heartbreaking, AGAIN.

Well played though, Jimmy, you were good.

Shame about 7 of the 10 goals were FIFA crapness. (Not just yours, mine too)

Jimmy 2 - 2 Timmo

Timmo 2 - 4 Jimmy

I don't think many of my goals were fifa crapness...a couple of yours were fifa bullshit rebounds™ though. :P I hit the post a fair few times too.

First game was very tight. I scored in the first half with a header from the tightest angle across goal finding its way past the keeper, then scored again mid way through the second half with a long cross onto Tamudo who had miles of space and finished with a scissor kick volley to make it 2-0. Througout the whole game though we both had a fair amount of chances and I was feeling a bit lucky to be 2 goals up, but then Timmmmo scored twice in the last 10 minutes to leave the score at 2-2 at full time. BULLSHIT.

RCD Espanyol (DangerM) 2 - 2 (Tim Spoons it) Getafe CF

The second game was just as close, but this time Timmmmo took the lead early on with a bullshit rebound and by half time he was still 1-0 up. I managed to pull one back early on in the second, then took the lead to make it 1-2. Then I made it 1-3, but after the first game's last minute comeback I still wasnt feeling comfortable and it wasn't long before Timmmmo made it 2-3. Just as i was feeling like i was going to lose it again at the last minute a through ball found its way right through the Getafe defence onto Tamudo who secured me the win.

Getafe CF (Tim Spoons it) 2 - 4 (DangerM) RCD Espanyol

In our practice games last week we were pretty even so I was just looking to get 3 points out of these games if i could. 3 points each would probably have been a fairer result.