League Two - Official thread

SaintM

Shoes, if you hosted both games I think you've a case for a replay of one of them. Hosting is no small disadvantage at the moment on FIFA's netcode.

I'll let D.C have it, I think. I mean, the 'away' game I hosted was much closer than the home game.

Leverkeusen 0 - 1 Boca Juniors

A very tight and scrappy game and certainly not one for the purist! Boca probably just edged it and the score reflected that thanks to a goal that was perfect for tha game - a scrappy rebound!

Boca Juniors 2 - 2 Leverkeusen

Another scrappy game that featured some dire defending from both teams and goals as a result! Boca took the lead, and Leverkeusen immediately equalised just before half-time. Palermo found his shooting boots in the second half to fire home, only for Leverkeusen to quickly equalise again. Despite both teams having a stack of chances, there were no more goals and the spoils were shared.

CFTGs!

Leverkeusen 0 - 1 Boca Juniors

A very tight and scrappy game and certainly not one for the purist! Boca probably just edged it and the score reflected that thanks to a goal that was perfect for tha game - a scrappy rebound!

Boca Juniors 2 - 2 Leverkeusen

Another scrappy game that featured some dire defending from both teams and goals as a result! Boca took the lead, and Leverkeusen immediately equalised just before half-time. Palermo found his shooting boots in the second half to fire home, only for Leverkeusen to quickly equalise again. Despite both teams having a stack of chances, there were no more goals and the spoils were shared.

CFTGs!

Both games very tight, and very, very scrappy, more than happy with a point from the second match, you deserved all three in the first one.

CFTG and chat Benito, good luck with the rest of your matches.

I'm here!

I hadn't noticed your note while trying to catch up with my cup game and Billy. Has anyone seen him by the way? He said he was going to be online today but he hasn't been on Live or posted on the site yet.

I should be playing Tobert at 6pm too.

Benito 0 - 2 Timmo

A really enjoyable match, especially the first half. Chances were coming both ends and it was nice and open, lots of passing and runs. Amazingly, nothing went in and the half ended 0-0. The second half was much tighter with superb defending from both sides. A break from the prolific Uche in the 87th minute and a follow on from Soldado just a minute later made the scoreline a bit off. Benito hit the post a couple of times and was extremely unlucky not to score.

The second game lagged out, apologies Benito, hope it's not too inconvenient to play it in the week. I've no idea why because no one else is using this connection. Or should be anyway! Gonna check my router out to make sure no-one's stealing my internets!

Thanks for the match we did play anyway, best one I've had in the league so far.

Yeah, that was a cracking game, real end to end stuff with some top football! Absolutely gutted to concede the goal in the 87th minute - I think the creaking legs of the ageing Boca defenders were at breaking point! Still, that's football!

See you again later in the week for part 2!

Billy Brown 1-0 YaWdiB

YaWdiB 0-2 Billy Brown

YaWdiB and I got our games played at around midnight last night after my connection had been playing up all weekend -- many thanks to him for being patient with me. Our first attempt at game one saw us both chucked out after about 60 minutes at 0-0 when I attempted to bring on a sub for an injured player. YaWdiB was on top in that abandoned game, and while the second attempt was more even he still had the upper hand. Cruelly, I snatched a cheap goal right at the death to take the points.

The second game saw me on top in terms of chances, but YaWdiB still caused my defence plenty of problems. Luckily for me I grabbed a quickfire double and managed to see the rest of the game out. I think it's fair to say that if our two teams were anywhere near equal then things would probably have turned out differently.

Thanks for the games, and good luck for the rest of the season.

Tobert 3 - 2 Yawdib

Tight game this but I scored first and put a second in before first half. Yawdib pulled one back but I managed to nick a cheeky goal when he passed back ot the keeper. Yawdib then scored a truly awesome free kick (taken way off to the right it rockted into in the top near corner) to bring it back to 3-2

Yawdib 2 - 0 Tobert

Yawdib took at early lead with a well worked goal to put the pressure on me. Later in the first half it was worsened when he opened up a little space and curled one in from about 20 yards out. I tried to claw my way back but, despite some pressure, his defense were giving nothing (it litterally felt like his back 4 were camped in the his box and were letting nothing through) so I draw a blank and Yawdib took the points.

Thanks for the games :lol:

If it does exist, i'm not convinced it is to that great an extent.

Of the 56 matches so far played and reported,

22 were home wins

25 were away wins

9 were draws

Over time it may become more pronounced of course, but at this moment I don't think it's that clear cut.

Just to follow this up, the current stats are:

67 home wins

71 away wins

32 draws

Pretty much even I'd say.

Tobert 4 - 0 Bleeders

After the crushing disappointment of Niang's last-minute wonderstrike thus ending Ajax's UEFA cup run for another season, the lads certainly weren't at the races in this largely one-sided affair at the Stadium of Light.

Starting out slowly; the pace, passing and movement wasn't there from the young Ajax side. Sunderland were knocking the ball about with aplomb, passing and probing and eventually got their reward with a strike that the keeper should've at least parried away. Suarez and Huntelaar went close, with Huntelaar striking the woodwork, but it wasn't to be. Sunderland doubled their lead just before the break with a floated cross from wide right from Richardson, Cisse nodded in to make it two.

After the break, Ajax could barely muster a number of chances, whilst Sunderland picked their moments to exploit their tired opponents and added a third and fourth in the last 10 to seal the points and an easy victory.

Bleeders 3 - 1 Tobert

After a bollocking from manager, Steve Johnson, who told his team "Buck your f**king ideas up and give the home fans something to be happy about...". The team duly obliged.

Starting off strong by seemingly, finding their passing and movement, Ajax managed to muster a few chances this game and eventually, the pressure paid off with the talismanic captain, Klaus Jan Huntelaar, stretching his lanky leg to poke the ball beyond Gordon, after an overplayed pass from Suarez.

Merely minutes after Ajax took their lead, the defense took a leave of their senses and allowed Cisse to fire off a fantastic strike from just outside the box to level the proceedings.

Suarez hasn't had the best of form over the last couple games, but he came good with a strike that he had no right to score. The ball was fed to the byline by Huntelaar, with Suarez striking the ball from the accutest of angles to add another to their tally before the break.

In the second half, Ajax continued to probe pushing for that third goal, as were Sunderland looking for the equaliser. This half consisted of a midfield tussle, until Huntelaar was able to break free from the shackles of the Sunderland rear-guard and rifle home his second, and the teams third, on 70.

Sunderland went close a number of times after Ajax's third goal, and Gordon had his fair share of catching practice, but in the end it was enough to see off Sunderland and offer Ajax some solace in their recent disappointing outings.

TFTG mate, good luck with the rest of your league games.

Great write up which captures both games, I seem to be really struggling with maining my performances as I seem to be unable to record back to back wins.

However this isn't to take away from Bleeders who played excellently in the second game and capitolised on my eagerness to get forward. He also gets the "most colourful langage when berating his players" award from all the people I have played so far ;-)

Just to follow this up, the current stats are:

67 home wins

71 away wins

32 draws

Pretty much even I'd say.

Again, are you including ones known to have been reported the wrong way round? Or the possibility of others with similar circumstances?

Pre-patch (haven't played a league game since it was patched) I have been hindered to the point of complete unplayability in home matches, as has my opponent in their home matches. Maybe I have a shitty connection in some way which exacerbates any idiosyncracies in the net code?

I dont think Home or Away has anything to do with it - I just think some games things hang together for your team better than others. Certainly the last two games I played against Scratch we both found that at home (hosting) we were worse than when we were away, and the results echo this. I think is the opposite of what you are suggesting isnt it Syncronated?

As an aside I'd be interested in some other MI - at the end of the season I'd like to see people post their respective Assist/Semi/Manual setup and we could see the leagues in relation to who has what on. I dont expect it to prove anything but just thought it might be quite interesting and not really take that much effort for everyone to do.

EDIT: And that away win you've quoted is no doubt in the minority surely as there can't have been many who didnt know how to setup matches like myself.

I dont think Home or Away has anything to do with it - I just think some games things hang together for your team better than others. Certainly the last two games I played against Scratch we both found that at home (hosting) we were worse than when we were away, and the results echo this. I think is the opposite of what you are suggesting isnt it Syncronated?

Nope, that's exactly the same as what I'm suggesting

This game is ruined by the over-reliance on player confidence. It's worse than Pro Evo when we used to moan about the random arrows.

If your players aren't on their game you've got no chance. I wouldn't be surprised if some teams have it built in that they start with low-confidence when playing home/away, there's certainly a big impact on confidence when you score/conceed anyway.

Nope, that's exactly the same as what I'm suggesting

Ah. Well my results against Yiggy were the other way round. I'm still of the mind that its just random or like YaWdiB says if your players are happy.

How can you see if they are happy or not by the way?

Timmo 1 - 3 Benito

First game I've been nervous for, I don't know why! I defended absolutely shockingly for the first 25 minutes, and coupled with a couple of FIFAisms that in no way take anything away from Benito's good attacking play, I found myself 3-0 down. Getafe may have dominated the rest of the match but Benito could have added again and a solitary goal back wasn't going to help. Well played mate, and after last week's result you definitely deserved to get at least a point from our fixtures so I'm not miffed about the result at all, you deserved it. Nice talking to you.

Timmo 2 - 2 D.C.

A tight as hell game in the last thirds, opened with a quite spectacular overhead kick from Getafe. It was nice and open in the middle but with sublime defending from both sides to keep the scores down. Getafe's passing being off perhaps adds weight to the Synchronated theory, but take nothing away from D.C., a draw was a fair result.

D.C. 0 - 2 Timmo

Another game with fantastic defending from both sides, although this time Getafe seemed to pass a LOT better and Wolfsburg seemed to defend a lot less deep (was this a tactical decision?). It didn't stop D.C. closing me down almost every time though, his defensive positioning was immense. As the game went on the chances increased, and Getafe stole the lead with some nifty passing in the penalty area. Another break a minute later sealed the victory.

I enjoyed the chat mate, I feel your pain with the frustration. I think FIFA is flawed in that it focusses far too much on non-user error (almost like an RPG), along with speedy and strong strikers, who quite literally run around and through defences. It feels broken. The number of times I've had a defender standing on a ball but the striker has somehow got away because of some stat is incredibly annoying.

And doesn't D.C. have a lovely Cornish accent? Oii!

DC has a Cornish accent? Further proof that there's only one team in Devon!! :)

Cheers for the game, Timmo, even more enjoyable than last weeks, for me at least! :D Definitely got the rub of the green in that one as Boca's finishing was unusually good, including an absolute belter from Riquelme! Classic Boca after the third goal went in and they got all nervous - I play better when one-nil down than when three-nil up!!

CFTGs and good luck with the rest of the season!