League Two - Official thread

SaintM

Timmo 2 - 2 D.C.

A tight as hell game in the last thirds, opened with a quite spectacular overhead kick from Getafe. It was nice and open in the middle but with sublime defending from both sides to keep the scores down. Getafe's passing being off perhaps adds weight to the Synchronated theory, but take nothing away from D.C., a draw was a fair result.

D.C. 0 - 2 Timmo

Another game with fantastic defending from both sides, although this time Getafe seemed to pass a LOT better and Wolfsburg seemed to defend a lot less deep (was this a tactical decision?). It didn't stop D.C. closing me down almost every time though, his defensive positioning was immense. As the game went on the chances increased, and Getafe stole the lead with some nifty passing in the penalty area. Another break a minute later sealed the victory.

I enjoyed the chat mate, I feel your pain with the frustration. I think FIFA is flawed in that it focusses far too much on non-user error (almost like an RPG), along with speedy and strong strikers, who quite literally run around and through defences. It feels broken. The number of times I've had a defender standing on a ball but the striker has somehow got away because of some stat is incredibly annoying.

And doesn't D.C. have a lovely Cornish accent? Oii!

How dare you! I'm from Plymouth!

Agreed with all your report mate. Fucking FIFA is really getting on my tits at the minute. I'm not brilliant at it but somtimes the AI is FUCKED. Defenders stopping for no reason when a striker waltzes past them is happening more and more to me. Ah well.

Cheers for the games mate and good luck with the rest of the season.

i think there is slight difference with home/away matches as your more comfortable with your home ground, i much prefer to play at my ground as the lighting and colours on the radar away are different and can be confusing. im pretty sure who ever hosts doesnt make a difference.

DangerM 1-1 Sync

Sync 0-7 DangerM (abandoned 87mins)

Second game was abandoned following my fifth red card, after I had discovered that the game responds to the slide tackle button even though it didn't respond to any other at all. Kind of like the exact opposite of XBLA SWOS then.

So, I'm out. I have had my passing-in-completely-the-wrong-direction-or-just-not-at-all-leading-to-goals and complete-defender-inaction-for-absolutely-no-reason. Never again. I can't tolerate a game as thoroughly, totally unresponsive as this is online, there's just no point. Have fun all.

My first game against Synchronated was my first league game in while, and i'm a bit out of practice so i went with a more defensive custom tactic. It didnt pay off though because even though i was having a lot of shots (17 in the end, to Synchronated's 4), and had about 60% of the possession nothing was really opening up. I managed to get one goal fairly early on, but after that i just wasnt feeling it. Synchronated got 2 red cards in the mean time, and i should have taken advantage of the extra space, but instead he pulled back a late equaliser. I wasn't happy with myself.

RCD Espanyol (DangerM) 1 - 1 (Synchronated) Lazio

In the second game i went back to my tried and tested tactics, and a lot more was opening up for me. I'll let the stats speak for themselves, but even if Synchronated isn't leaving of his own accord he should be kicked out in my opinion because playing like he did is not on at all in this league.

img0207lj5.jpgimg0206vv5.jpg

Lazio (Synchronated) 0 - 7 (DangerM) RCD Espanyol

Next I played Tobert, which was much more enjoyable. (even though he also got a red card early on! but it wasnt malicious). The first game was close, and even though i probably had more chances, it could easily have gone the other way if tobert hadnt put several 1 on 1s just wide of the post. Like in my first game against Synchronated i wasnt really taking advantage of the extra man, but i managed to hold on to the win this time.

Sunderland FC (Tobert) 0 - 2 (DangerM) RCD Espanyol

In our second game i started well with an early goal, but Tobert came right back with 2 more to make it 1-2 after 8 minutes. We were both having plenty of chances throughout, but i seemed to be putting on the most pressure and more goals seemed inevitable. I grabbed another 3 goals before half time to make it 2-4 at the break. In the second half i was still having a lot of shots, but couldnt find the back of the net. It wasnt until a late goal from Tamudo in the 80th minute that i got another to make it 2-5 at full time.

RCD Espanyol (DangerM) 5 - 2 (Tobert) Sunderland FC

In the second game pompey's 'bug' showed up and Tobert's keeper kicked the ball right into my player who then went on to set up an easy goal. We discounted the goal, and the same thing happened later on but i just kicked it out for a goal kick. I've got no problem at all with not counting the goal, but in my opinion i dont think its a bug at all. It has never happened against me in any game because i always wait until my keeper has enough space to kick the ball out, so it's completely avoidable.

Cheers for the games though! They were fun.

playing like he did is not on at all in this league

You're perfectly correct, but in my defence, none of the other commands in the game worked at all, full stop. As you may have guessed from my 'contribution' to that match. So yeah, I won't be playing anymore. There's no way the game should be as unplayable as that now my connection is good and fast.

Yep. Well, B. Couldn't direct my players at all either. I managed to get a couple of passes away but they were fully 5 seconds after I pressed the button and in completely the wrong direction with completely the wrong timing.

I had this problem before when hosting, but since then I have acquired a great internet connection. Which I thought would fix it. It didn't. It's categorically completely unplayable here when hosting. So I'm past caring.

Yep. Well, B. Couldn't direct my players at all either. I managed to get a couple of passes away but they were fully 5 seconds after I pressed the button and in completely the wrong direction with completely the wrong timing.

Your problem was that your only method of attack, in both games, was trying to send lobbed throughballs over my defence, which rarely works. But still, that proves your 'Y' button, or whatever button you've got throughball mapped to works fine. You made plenty of passes other than that too, so 'A' or your equivalent works. And indeed, your shoot button worked fine too because towards the end, presumably when you got tired of sliding wildly into my players, you shot the ball directly into your own net. And regardless of all this pedantry, you coped fine in the first game.

So, apologise all you want, but you're talking bullshit.

Your problem was that your only method of attack, in both games, was trying to send lobbed throughballs over my defence, which rarely works. But still, that proves your 'Y' button, or whatever button you've got throughball mapped to works fine. You made plenty of passes other than that too, so 'A' or your equivalent works. And indeed, your shoot button worked fine too because towards the end, presumably when you got tired of sliding wildly into my players, you shot the ball directly into your own net. And regardless of all this pedantry, you coped fine in the first game.

So, apologise all you want, but you're talking bullshit.

All that stuff was in the first game when I was away from home. And you can't shoot into your own net, it was the lob button.

I wasn't hosting the first game. So fuck off with the 'bullshit'.

You managed 2 reds in the first game hosting on your connection according to the match report.

Oh noes!

All that stuff was in the first game when I was away from home. And you can't shoot into your own net, it was the lob button.

No, you were still passing and trying throughballs in the second game.

I wasn't hosting the first game. So fuck off with the 'bullshit'.

Oh noes!

As Gus says, you also got 2 red cards in the first game, which were for just the same kind of presumably late challenges as in the second game. I say presumably, because i didnt even see any of the challenges that you were giving red cards for, they were so late.

Come over here and try playing this AT ALL while hosting a game on this connection.

It just does not work.

Until you've done that, you can't say shit so shut the fuck up.

I played you in the 0.5 and the goals I scored were also down to "bad connection", seemingly. Just acknowledge better play, if it is laggy it affects both players. There's rules in place to call off the game.

I played you in the 0.5 and the goals I scored were also down to "bad connection", seemingly. Just acknowledge better play, if it is laggy it affects both players.

That is categorically incorrect.

Like I said.

Come over here and try playing this AT ALL while hosting a game on this connection.

Away games I get a little lag here and there. Nothing to write home about. Home games are totally unplayable.