League Two - Official thread

SaintM

Here are the odds on the next managerial departure..

Disciple 2-1 (fav)

Dylan 4-1

DC 17-2

Baring 100-league one

That cuts me real deep Mike. I've only left 2 out of the 4 seasons I've ever played. And one of them was before the season kicked off. And my ace up the sleeve - both cry-ofs were for Pro Evo 6 & 2008, officially two of the shittest games ever made. FACT. I'm therefore exempt from any wrongdoing.

I'm not having a good time with FIFA at the minute but am deifinately sticking with it for the league as it fucks others up if I leave. This game is nowhere near as infuriating as Pro was and its nice chatting to people (except Timmo who said I was Cornish. Racist).

I'm not having a good time with FIFA at the minute but am deifinately sticking with it for the league as it fucks others up if I leave. This game is nowhere near as infuriating as Pro was and its nice chatting to people (except Timmo who said I was Cornish. Racist).

How's Cornwall?

I'm putting £10 on you, don't let me down!

sladie (Lazio) 1 - 5 Tobert (Sunderland)

I was gutted to concede 5 goals in this game, with Tobert being clinical in front of goal. He took an early lead with a good goal. I created chances and finally equalised just before half time. But Tobert scored from the kick off to go in 1-2 up. I chased the game the whole of the second half and created a couple of decent openings, but Tobert extended his lead on the break. I committed players forward to try for the comeback but ended up conceding two later goals. It looks as if the game was one-sided from the scoreline, but I thought it was quite even.

Tobert (Sunderland) 4 - 3 sladie (Lazio)

The second game was worse for me, as I found Craig Gordon in inspired form. I created lots of chances, but Tobert scored against the run of play. I then had a whole bunch of chances, before I finally managed to finish one. But just like in the first game, Tobert scored from the resulting kick off with a lovely cross to make it 2-1. He then scored another to make it 3-1, and I was feeling pretty downbeat. But then I finally started taking my chances and pulled it back to 3-3. I don't remember the winning goal that Tobert scored. All I do remember is the awful miss from Makwana when he was one-on-one right at the end of the game.

Really disappointed to have not gotten anything from either game. Either I'm rubbish at defending or Tobert was on fire in front of goal. I allowed about 10/12 shots a game, 6/7 on target and with Sunderland scoring 4/5 goals. Is that average, or just clinical finishing?

Anyway, including my cup games my record is now Played 4, Lost 4! It's going to be a long and hard season, and no doubt a relegation scrap for me!!

Cheers for the games Tobert, and good luck with the rest of the season.

Thanks for the game mate, that write up is pretty much spot on. I don't know what Diouf or Cisse had for Breakfast but both were lethal in front of your goal (which, if you check my stats, is not exactly my forte)

I think I was lucky but will take the points ^_^

CFTG's

I think you deserved to win the first match. I pushed too many players forward too quickly after conceding, that's lesson for me to learn! Second game, it looked like you were going to score every time you got into my third of the pitch. I defended much better, but your front two were on top form and you played some really nice stuff in both games. Still, the real body blow in both games was you scoring immediately after I'd equalised. Having worked to get back into the games, it was tough to go behind again so soon.

Bottom of the league

Ajax (Bleeders) 3 - 2 Lazio (sladie)

Good game, and pretty even. I took the lead with a lucky goal, but then Bleeders came right back with a quick fire double. I equalised. I probably had a couple more chances, but this was a very close game so no complaints. I really struggled to break down Bleeders who was playing five at the back and my defense did my no favours when the ball cannoned off my centre back straight into an Ajax forwards path.

Lazio (sladie) 1 - 1 Ajax (Bleeders)

First point the season. This game was a bit more open, and Bleeders really should have taken the lead as he was creating chances. But I took the lead on 78 minutes. And I conceded from the kick off...In four league games I've played that happened three times. Gutted. After that I managed to hit the bar and miss two great chances. In fairness Bleeders missed a couple of good chances in the last 10 minutes too, but I'm frustrated to have conceded AGAIN after scoring.

Still bottom of the league and without a win :(

DangerM 2 - 2 Bleeders

If this were a Premier League match from the weekend, then it'd be Sunderland v United. No question. I'd set my stall out playing a new 5-3-2 formation, in the hope of keeping the score down. Like the aforementioned EPL game, it was wave after wave of Espanyol attack and they got their rewards with an absolute belter of an effort from outside the box early on in the first half. Still, I perserved with the formation and soon went 2-0 down after half-time after Tamudo (?) spun the defender to slot away with clinical ease.

Not much in the way from Huntelaar, but soon after the second Espanyol goal had gone in, Suarez delivered a cross to Huntelaar (who looked offside) who volleyed to give the Dutch side a glimmer of hope. Again, wave after wave of Espanyol attack occurred until Ajax managed to get the breakaway with Huntelaar levelling the game at 2-2 and giving the plucky Dutch youngsters a draw.

Bleeders 0 - 3 DangerM

The Amsterdam ArenA curse struck again and Espanyol dispatched Ajax with aplomb in the second half of this contest. First half started out much like the previous game, Ajax trying to thwart wave after wave of attack, eventually it was all too much for the youngsters and eventually in the second half of this match, Tamudo and co. turned on the style and punished Ajax. The second goal was a deftly struck free-kick that gave the keeper no chance!

Good games mate, good luck for rest of the season.

Ajax (Bleeders) 3 - 2 Lazio (sladie)

Good game, and pretty even. I took the lead with a lucky goal, but then Bleeders came right back with a quick fire double. I equalised. I probably had a couple more chances, but this was a very close game so no complaints. I really struggled to break down Bleeders who was playing five at the back and my defense did my no favours when the ball cannoned off my centre back straight into an Ajax forwards path.

Lazio (sladie) 1 - 1 Ajax (Bleeders)

First point the season. This game was a bit more open, and Bleeders really should have taken the lead as he was creating chances. But I took the lead on 78 minutes. And I conceded from the kick off...In four league games I've played that happened three times. Gutted. After that I managed to hit the bar and miss two great chances. In fairness Bleeders missed a couple of good chances in the last 10 minutes too, but I'm frustrated to have conceded AGAIN after scoring.

Still bottom of the league and without a win :)

Agreed mate, good games. I couldn't believe my keeper with the first, tamely hitting the ball onto your strikers arse! :(

Yeah, well played Bleeders. Huntelaar was causing me problems in the first game, but in the second I managed to stop many balls getting through to him.

Still unbeaten so far, and both my draws have been in games where i started with a 2-0 lead. I should probably work on my defence or something.

Boca Junior (Benito) 2 - 3 Lazio (Nada Surf)

Boca started superbly and were all over Lazio. I was really disappointed with their finishing, again, and we went in just 1-0 up. All change in the second half as Lazio came back into the game and equalised after a string of chances. They then went ahead before Palacios pulled it back and the game look set for a draw. Boca hearts were broken when the bloody keeper stood and watched as lazio fire home a winner in the 88th minute.

Lazio 1 - 1 Boca Juniors

This was a very tight match from the off and I had some luck going one nil up as Palacios looked a mile offside when he took the ball and swept it home. As in the second half of the first game, Boca's ageing defence really struggled to cope with the pace and power of the Lazio attack and an equaliser, sadly, felt inevitable. The game could have gone either way in the last few minutes but this time it was a draw.

I was very jealous when you brought Zarate off the bench! I paused, looked at my bench, and cried a little.

CFTGs! :lol:

Boca Junior (Benito) 2 - 3 Lazio (Nada Surf)

Lazio 1 - 1 Boca Juniors

Really close games!! In the first match I decided to try a new formation, and it didn't really work out for me as I didn't have a single shot in the entire first half. Was fairly lucky to only be going in 1-0 down. But in the second half I switched back to the 4-4-2 formation I'd used against Tobert and Bleeders and really hit the ground running. I created three of four good chances in quick succession before finally tucking one away. I then took the lead pretty soon after that and I honestly thought that I would go on to win the game then as I'd had my best 20 minute spell in the league. But Boca responded really well, and started playing some really nice stuff - especially down the right hand side - and they deserved equalised. I stole the game in the last minute. But I've been really unlucky so far not to get more out of my first 4 league games, so nice for a bit of a change. First win of the season.

In the second game I went with 4-4-2 from the off, and it was a really close game. The first half was very even and I felt a bit unlucky to go in 0-1 down. But I was playing with a bit more confidence having won the previous match so I didn't panic and kept trying to play my stuff. I eventually got an equaliser from a near post cross. It really could have gone either way in the last 20 minutes. But I think a draw was a fair result.

Still bottom on the league, but at least I've won a game!!

Sunderland 1 - 3 Boca Juniors

Boca Juniors 0 - 1 Sunderland

Two enjoyable and very close games! The highlight was Nosworthy's cracking own-goal in the first game. In the penalty area, he spun on a six-pence, and then fired the ball right into the top corner past a despairing Gordon.

Own goal of the season, for sure!

Yep it was probably one of the best goals I have scored but oddly I didn't press Shoot/Slide tackle :(

Also odd when was the invisable sub forcing you had us to restart and play the final 10 minutes again (I thought the physics was having a odd moment until the ball started weaving through my players on its own!)

Couple of close games, feel the own goal set me know a path I couldn't recover from, but happy to nick the points for the second game.

Its looking tight in the middle of league 2!

Bleeders 0 - 2 Yawdib

Good game, lethargic Ajax get what they deserved - nothing! Both keepers performed miraculous saves at times, in the end the ball managed to ellude 3 Ajax defenders before the striker tucked away. Second goal was a Yawdib trademark free-kick, excellent strike! Be warned, give anything away to this lad around the box and expect either your keeper to pull off a save OR to be picking the ball out of the net. :(

Yawdib 1 -2 Bleeders

Better second game from the plucky, young Dutch side. End-to-end stuff with Ajax surging into a 2 goal lead, not before the Wednesday hit one back just before the break. Second half, neither side could seem to find a goal, we too had the disappearing subs trick, but Yawdib made a change and it seemed to right itself.

Good games, 3 points a piece!

Lazio (sladie) 1 - 2 Espanyol (Danger M)

A tale of two halves this one. Lazio were all over Espanyol in the first half, with a contender for miss of the season early on in the game. They were unlucky to go behind to a deflected shot on 7 minutes. After a string of one-on-one chances, Lazio finally equalised but were disappointed to be going in at half time level at 1-1. Espanyol came out in the second half and turned the game around, hitting the woodwork on a few occasions. The Lazio keeper had one of those moments late in the game though, and throw the ball directly to a Espanyol player gifting them the 1-2 win.

This game was very even, and a draw would have been a fair result. But again I feel as if my luck deserted me as I conceded off a deflected shot and a stupid throw out (I didn't even want my keeper to throw the ball and I thought I'd hit X). And another really disappointed game in front of goal for me as I failed to score when I was on top.

Espanyol (Danger M) 3 - 3 Lazio (sladie)

Espanyol took an early lead on 3 minutes with a lovely move, and after the first game Lazio heads were down. But the plucky Italians battled back and not only equalised but raced into a 1-3 lead. But Espanyol's class showed as they kept calm and pulled it back to 3-3. The equaliser was a lovely 20 yard freekick. There was only going to be one winner from then on in, but Lazio managed to hang on for the draw.

This would have been a steal for me if I'd have held on for the win, as I didn't really deserve it. But I didn't think it was a freekick!!

Well played, Danger M. You deserved to win the second game, so glad I got out with a point. Good luck with the rest of the season and your Championship bid.

And I'm no longer bottom of the table :lol: