World War Z - Sequel finds director - Pitt to return

Goose

This could be fantastic.

I've already heard recently that Mike Myers is to star in some kind of Zombie Survival Guide movie and now this...

---------------------------------------------------
Paramount & Pitt Planning Zombie War
Source: Variety
June 15, 2006

Paramount Pictures has acquired screen rights to the Max Brooks novel "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War." Brad Pitt's Plan B will produce.

Written by the author of the satire "The Zombie Survival Guide," Barry's follow-up sparked a bidding battle between Paramount and Pitt, with Warner Bros. and Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way on the other side of the table.

The book is a sober telling of the aftermath of a war fought against a legion of humans who were inflicted with a virus, died and were reanimated into flesh-eating zombies.

"World War Z" will be published in the fall by Crown.

I'm intrigued too (did you know that Max Brooks is the son of Mel Brooks?) I like the idea of a war against those zombie bitches. Has a lot of potential. Interesting that it started a bidding war too.

• 2 months later...

Amazon are doing this and Zombie Survival Guide for just under £18.

Having read more on the book thanks to FishyFish's link I think the movie should be shot as a documentary, completely straight. Could be terrifying.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the book yesterday and it's truly fucking awesome. It's so believeable.

Reading that interview (which I had to stop halfway through for fear of spoilerage) sounds like the film would be very very cut down as the Audio Book is 6 hours long and thats only half/two-thirds the book. But its got Mark Hammill in it! And Henry Rollins! So I need to buy that too :)

Brad Pitt is supposed to be starring. He apparently bought into the movie rights or something so he could be in it....Dont have a link, but I remember reading this on AICN ages ago....

I notice, much to my chagrin, that he lists Armagh as being in Ireland. It is in fact NORTHERN Ireland, bloody stupid americans.

Brad Pitt is supposed to be starring. He apparently bought into the movie rights or something so he could be in it....Dont have a link, but I remember reading this on AICN ages ago....

I notice, much to my chagrin, that he lists Armagh as being in Ireland. It is in fact NORTHERN Ireland, bloody stupid americans.

Maybe he's a Republican zombie expert? :)

Seriously though, this could be sensational. I went to pick up the book in Waterstones, but it was about £15. And I'm tight.

I'm hoping my copy will turn up tomorrow, can't wait to get in to it. Dusted off my Survival Guide a week ago or so :(

Likewise. I ordered it over a week ago and was hoping it would be delivered on day of release. :(

Still, something to look forward to, eh?

Has anyone listend to the audio-book exerpts from the website? All good stuff.