Xbox LIVE Indie Games

acidbearboy

On the Mayhem mini-game, it's on the top-left of your screen throughout, appears in huge letters at the end, and can be viewed afterwards by looking at the leaderboards.

In the main game, I don't think there is one. None that I could see anyway.

It's a damn fine and well polished game - hats off to Shaedo.

I bought Diehard Dungeon last night, seems very polished.

Not sure about the earlier quoted 30 minute playtime, after 20 minutes I only had 3 gold keys! Did this get revised?

It's great that you're looking to improve it and not just leaving it as is. There's three bits of feedback I'd give - firstly what do you think about holding X for repeated sword attacks? I found it a bit much after a while having to tap it so constantly. Secondly, is there a better way for the gun to be controlled? On holding RB I expected for my character to stay facing the same direction but be moveable with the left stick until RB was released, if that makes sense. This would give more control - is it a change you'd consider? Lastly one of the music tracks ends very abruptly which is a little jarring.

Very well done, though.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the really nice comments and great feedback!

One thing I can't work out is that when I get loot it goes in my companion chest but I don't know how much I have or how to check.

Is it randomly generated each time (the dungeon I mean) ?

At the moment there's not really any need to see how much treasure you have. The more you collect, the more the chest upgrades itself, with an indicator for when it's close to uprading.

The treasure and companion chest will play a bigger role in the future though :)

And yes, the dungeon is randomly generated each time.

Oh man, Diehard Dungeon, a dungeon-crawling roguelike, includes a twin-stick shooter minigame for some bizarre reason.

Even more bizarre is that it's actually the best twin stick shooter on XBLIG. How does that even happen!

:wub: Thanks! The mayhem minigame is pretty unfinished at the moment, with a few features to be added in an update.

I bought Diehard Dungeon last night, seems very polished.

Not sure about the earlier quoted 30 minute playtime, after 20 minutes I only had 3 gold keys! Did this get revised?

Very well done, though.

Thank you! 30-40 mins is the average time, but it can be a bit longer or shorter depending on how the random cards are dealt, so to speak.

It's great that you're looking to improve it and not just leaving it as is.

I will definitely be adding to it for a while to come yet. What you have now is about 50% of where I want it to end up.

There's three bits of feedback I'd give - firstly what do you think about holding X for repeated sword attacks? I found it a bit much after a while having to tap it so constantly.

I wanted to include either a short combo or charge attack, but ran out of time for the uprising. I want to include something like that soon though.

Secondly, is there a better way for the gun to be controlled? On holding RB I expected for my character to stay facing the same direction but be moveable with the left stick until RB was released, if that makes sense. This would give more control - is it a change you'd consider?

Funny you should mention that! It used to control exactly as you said until I changed it. I will look into having both methods, with some way to choose between them.

Lastly one of the music tracks ends very abruptly which is a little jarring.

Yeah, there are a couple that I'm not happy with. I need to get around to sorting them out.

I've listed all of the features planned for the first patch here on the game's blog. I may sneak a couple of extras in though :D

:wub: Thanks! The mayhem minigame is pretty unfinished at the moment, with a few features to be added in an update.

Don't mess with it too much, it's really good how it is :)

Third game in the Uprising is Gateways! which is brilliant, like really brilliant. 2D Portal is obviously the easiest way to describe it, but it's way more mind-fuck than Portal because your Gateway gun has various other features, like being able to alter your size, and create clones of yourself, and stuff.

You know, I think this might actually be what the kids these days are calling a "Metroidvania."

Don't mess with it too much, it's really good how it is :)

Third game in the Uprising is Gateways! which is brilliant, like really brilliant. 2D Portal is obviously the easiest way to describe it, but it's way more mind-fuck than Portal because your Gateway gun has various other features, like being able to alter your size, and create clones of yourself, and stuff.

You know, I think this might actually be what the kids these days are calling a "Metroidvania."

I love Portal but that looks as though it'd hurt my brain. I even wrote a time travelling Cursor 10 style iOS game (Timeloop) and I struggled to play that!

Awesome news about more awesomeness.

Dude, this is phenomenal stuff, and yet what we have is %50 of the whole deal?????? With this and Dust, it really shows what can be achieved without the huge teams and budgets of the big companies - although your's is 100% less furry. How's the Greenlight going? I'll be double-dipping (ooer) with this for sure.

Dude, this is phenomenal stuff, and yet what we have is %50 of the whole deal?????? With this and Dust, it really shows what can be achieved without the huge teams and budgets of the big companies - although your's is 100% less furry. How's the Greenlight going? I'll be double-dipping (ooer) with this for sure.

Thanks! Yeah, there's a ton of stuff that I didn't have time to implement, that will be patched in :)

At 1% on Greenlight. I think it's going to be really tricky to get noticed there though. It will be released on PC through some other distribution, but to get it on Steam would be amazing!

I actually did all the audio on a ZX Spectrum audio chip, 3 channels of noise, square wave and an envelope controller thing, plus some effects and editing after record. I think the respawn noise is some processing on a currah microspeech though which was emulated cos I don't have one.

Wow. So you use spectrum hardware (emulated or not) as a means of creating sound. Thats pretty fantastic (although i'm more a SID fan! :lol:)

Its very well produced as well - very clean - and your spot effects sound very pure and compliment your "neon" pixelled style very well.

You can hear its roots in an arcade.

Stunning stuff.

Can't wait for what you come up with next.

If you've just downloaded it, you should have the latest version and it shouldn't be kicking you back to the dash.

As a guess, you're missing the 27MB "title update" file. Go check your storage and see if it's there, and if it isn't, try loading another XBLIG to see if that helps

That seems to be what I need but it won't let me download it. Can't play any indie games it seems.

Its so annoying hidden too.

I set this before but you shouldn't have to input whats effectively a cheat code to access bloody indie games.

At least it's better than before. It's currently no more hidden than either Games on Demand or Xbox Live Arcade, it's just that there's zero promotion of indie titles higher up the dash.