Xbox LIVE Indie Games

acidbearboy

And this marks my final xbox game purchase.

Had a play through the tutorial and most of the first level. Looks nice. A bit too much inertia on the player for my liking, but manageable nonetheless.

The recoil/rumble from shooting a gun is a very nice touch and really adds to the game. I started a game on Normal and it seems I have infinite lives?

Will play more later.

Congratulations! :hat:

Thanks dude.

You do have infinite lives, aye. Death sets you back to a checkpoint or the start of the level.

Thanks dude.

You do have infinite lives, aye. Death sets you back to a checkpoint or the start of the level.

Bought too. Only had a chance to play the tutorial last night but enjoyed it. With the reported issues surrounding XBone and indie are you planning on moving across to PC (Desura) for future projects? Question goes to any other developers in here, Shaedo et al.

Yeah, I plan get some experience with PC development next, I think it makes the most sense - there'll always be indie options on the PC. Now I've finally got a game under my belt, I've a bit more confidence and experience about exactly what's required.

And even more to learn. :D

Looking forward to playing Rasternauts later tonight. Congrats on getting it finished and through peer review, Fry.

Bought too. Only had a chance to play the tutorial last night but enjoyed it. With the reported issues surrounding XBone and indie are you planning on moving across to PC (Desura) for future projects? Question goes to any other developers in here, Shaedo et al.

I'm loving developing for the PC, and plan to continue for the foreseeable future. Releasing Diehard Dungeon on Desura, and being a part of the Indie Royale Debut 2.0 bundle, was an awesome experience!

The game is also on GamersGate and Steam Greenlight. The successor to DD is also in the works and is something I'm really excited about. It's a much more ambitious project.

Unfortunately, I had major issues with mistreatment by Microsoft over the last couple of years that has permanently soured my relationship with them. I'd have to see some big improvements with their treatment of indie devs to want to have dealings with them again. So even if XBone had an XBLIG 2.0, it's probably not something I'd consider developing for.

It took me a while, but I finally got around to creating a trailer for the PC version of DD.

Thunder Moon looks good - does something a bit different with the Minecraft formula.. there's an actual single player campaign (+ standard explore/build modes), enemies, crafting, bosses and Metroidvania style progression.. Multiplayer wasn't ready for release, but is to be patched back in later..

That's not quite right, when MS put the last uprising (apart from Diehard Dungeon, the twats) on the main dash I sold more copies than the launch week of QRTH-PHYL. Not crazy breakout Humble Bundle retire type numbers but it wasn't nothing. I'm still thinking about putting another game out on XBLIG, it's still the only console+controller open app store.

That's not quite right, when MS put the last uprising (apart from Diehard Dungeon, the twats) on the main dash I sold more copies than the launch week of QRTH-PHYL. Not crazy breakout Humble Bundle retire type numbers but it wasn't nothing. I'm still thinking about putting another game out on XBLIG, it's still the only console+controller open app store.

Sorry, I meant like an overall hike. The purpose of the Uprisings was always to celebrate the service to try and improve its reputation and public knowledge of it but they've never achievement any movement at all on either.

You either make Minecraft or you fail on XBLIG, pretty much. I reckon you'd have more success on Ouya.

Yeah, they're no more hidden than any other game, really. Not so well promoted, though, which is the biggest difference.

My sister found a crash in my game, which means a patch is inbound. Well, will be when I've finished it. Was doing one anyway to address some of the feedback.

Seems Microsoft have announced something for the indie community. I don't quite understand all of it properly but it looks like Unity support:

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2013/06/27/build-conference/

I think this post over on Neogaf kinda explains what is going on:

So from what I can gather, you can publish games and apps to the Windows Store without a publisher and that capability is being brought to the Xbox One on the Windows OS side. Windows Store is the new Indie Games ghetto. To get into the gaming side of the hardware, you've got to go through MS or a publisher.

So we've got TWO store fronts it seems - the Windows Store for the Windows side of the OS (which is probably in line with the Mobile Store and the Windows 8 Store) and the Xbox store on the Xbox OS for your Call of Dutys and digital downloads. I think they want to leverage indie content across a few platforms.

I suppose this might mean you can "snap" to an indie game written in Unity at any time, but it sounds like such a mess. They (and by they I mean the big Publishers) probably never liked the fact "Who Did I Date Last Night?" had equal footing on the store front with "Harry Potter Kinectimals".

Seems completely pointless. The only way indies will succeed on Xbox One is if they're not marginalised, and Microsoft seeks to do that even more. They need to be treated like games, put in the games marketplace. It's going to be a massive waste of time. It's Microsoft's attempt at pretending they're in to indie games without really letting them anywhere near the customers at all.

Looking forward to playing Rasternauts later tonight. Congrats on getting it finished and through peer review, Fry.

I'm loving developing for the PC, and plan to continue for the foreseeable future. Releasing Diehard Dungeon on Desura, and being a part of the Indie Royale Debut 2.0 bundle, was an awesome experience!

The game is also on GamersGate and Steam Greenlight. The successor to DD is also in the works and is something I'm really excited about. It's a much more ambitious project.

Unfortunately, I had major issues with mistreatment by Microsoft over the last couple of years that has permanently soured my relationship with them. I'd have to see some big improvements with their treatment of indie devs to want to have dealings with them again. So even if XBone had an XBLIG 2.0, it's probably not something I'd consider developing for.

It took me a while, but I finally got around to creating a trailer for the PC version of DD.

Just wanted to say a big 'well done and thank you' for Diehard Dungeon. It is a very enjoyable game with a truly excellent soundtrack! Sorry to hear you had problems dealing with MicroSoft. I am glad you persevered though, as I probably never would have played it if it weren't for xblig.

Hidden In Plain Sight is excellent for local multiplayer.

Yeah, this is THE local multiplayer game on XBLIG.

Has anyone else played One Finger Death Punch? It's stupid good for a game that uses two whole buttons. Give the trial a go and ignore the janky as fuck presentation, because the gameplay is solid as hell.

• 3 weeks later...