rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
acidbearboy

Xbox LIVE Indie Games

Hidden In Plain Sight is excellent for local multiplayer.

Yeah, this is THE local multiplayer game on XBLIG.

Has anyone else played One Finger Death Punch? It's stupid good for a game that uses two whole buttons. Give the trial a go and ignore the janky as fuck presentation, because the gameplay is solid as hell.

• Upvote 1

Diehard is really good but I keep on getting distracted by other games when I'm on the 360. The same with One Finger. Annoyingly I was in the mood for some Indie gaming last night and Live was borked so I wasn't able to connect. A worrying sign of the future.

Titan Attacks submitted to XBLIG playtest

Took me a whie but I got there in the end - If you have membership and a spare 5 mins or so I'd really appreciate it if you could give this a little test. Already found a region / locale bug that's slipped throughGame Details:http://catalog.create.msdn.com/en-US/ga ... bf9&type=1Playtest Forum:http://xboxforums.create.msdn.com/forum ... 61652.aspxPuppy Games original Java / Desktop version:http://www.puppygames.net/titan-attacks/

Excellent, this is now available. Thanks Paul.

Shutshimi was released earlier this week and it's basically Parodius meets Wario Ware by the looks of things. Short bursts of shooty gameplay with mixed up rules for each new stage. :) 69p on the store: link

Received an email from Microsoft earlier, regarding the end of XBLIG - not that many people are still playing them that I know of, but still.

The essential gist is that as of now, you can no longer subscribe, and a year from now you can no longer release games on the system. The market will close a year after that - so September 2017 - and by around November that year everyone with an outstanding balance will be paid whatever they're owed, with no minimum limit. Which is nice - though I really should fill out those forms.

You'll still be able to download and play anything you own - perfect that quick bash of Mount Your Friends, Little Racers Street or *ahem* Rasternauts.

Perhaps the most interesting bit didn't come in the email, but on the announcement on their forums:

Longer term, over the next two years we’ll be working with game conservationists and creators to preserve the legacy of XBLIG content. We look forward to sharing more details in the future.

Not sure what that will entail, but it's heartening to see that despite treating it as the ugly stepchild of the Xbox 360's offering, they're not going to abandon it entirely. Perhaps they'll look towards making the platform work on the Xbox One under backwards compatibility, or maybe as universal Windows 10 apps for even broader coverage, who knows?

• Upvote 1

If they could make XBLIG games work on Windows 10 then maybe I'd actually play some of them. I've got loads of the things, and I know they're there in their little place on my 360 hard drive, but it just sort of never occurs to me.

As someone who doesn't have a PC capable of playing anything, this is great news. I've got loads of the buggers I still need to get round to starting/finishing.

Any sort of preservation is great - I look forward to see what they have planned. It would be nice for them to remove the internet check-in before they switch off the service but seems unlikely.