IGNORED

MUBI £2.99 a Month Film Streaming Service

lordcookie

1 hour ago, SF-02 said:

Got Mubi for free but hopeless with following new releases past few years and googling each film is a drag and basically none of them are known to me.

Any recommendations? I've got Annette on the list

The documentary Faces, Places is fantastic although I'm biased as I have an awful lot of time for the work of the photographer, JR ( his co-protagonist here, Agnes Varda, is new to me but she is very entertaining too). They both have a real gift of empathy for the people (and their stories and history) they meet travelling about France and that makes for a really fine, warm, and touching doc. 

1 hour ago, SF-02 said:

Got Mubi for free but hopeless with following new releases past few years and googling each film is a drag and basically none of them are known to me.

Any recommendations? I've got Annette on the list

I did a list somewhere, no idea where though! I do remember though that @Bazjam tipped me off to The Wild Goose Lake, which is easily one of the best films I saw in 2021, and should still be on there.

How are you watching it by the way? You get a wider access to their films through their website than on some device platforms, but you can add them to your list from there regardless if they appear on the device.

Thanks for the tips. I'm on a phone app. Barely get two hours a day right now to watch anything let alone research into good films and so will look for those suggested.

On 23/05/2020 at 18:28, robotattack said:

Morally questionable, but you can get a years access to Mubi for free with a free trial to Scribd (be sure to cancel that though) https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/1-year-free-mubi-subscriptionlegal-and-more-via-scribd-perks-3470068

Edit:

It's been removed. Basically, sign up for a trial to Scribd's subscription. Go to Perks and there's a link to Mubi that gives you a code to redeem. There are other services you get free access to. I'm now a Pro member of Peak for 100 years, apparently. :blink:

Edit V2:

And don't forget to cancel the Scribd subscription unless you want it!

Amazingly this still works

Best thing I saw on Mubi recently was Limbo. Beautiful film. Hilarious, moving and thought-provoking. 

Censor, New Order and Annette are also excellent.

9 hours ago, robotattack said:

Amazingly this still works

Thanks for this. I've been using the Amazon app as I got a special deal on that but that's coming to an end soon. The Mubi app is way better for discovering new stuff.

• 1 month later...