IGNORED

The Official Sandwich thread

ManLikeColonel

I had a great bagel when I was in the US. Apparently you can't just have one thing in your sandwich, so when I wasn't allowed to have just a Buffalo chicken bagel I asked for Buffalo chicken and cream cheese bagel. Everyone looked at me like I was weird. Which I am. But it was great!

Also, the New Jersey specialty of a fried pork roll and fried egg bagel. Very nice.

Oh god, Bagels. I friggin' love Bagels. I used to work at 'Ixxy's Bagels' when I was at college, random part-time job. Favourite bagel has to be; Seasame toasted with chicken, cucumber and mayo. Im so hungry right now.

How does one slice of bread have a 'filling'?

Does that mean that when you take a car seat out of a car it becomes just a seat?

EDIT: and does every entry in the dictionary have a description like "2. Something resembling a [enter original noun here]"?

YES.

Anyway, I think we've had this one before but it's worth mentioning again in a specific sandwich thread:

_41542850_sandwich203.jpg

World's Most Expensive Sandwich

"The ingredients of the sandwich are: Wagyu beef, fresh lobe foie gras, black truffle mayonnaise, brie de meaux, rocket, red pepper and mustard confit and English plum tomatoes."

I'd feel so guilty pulling out all the crap to get at the beef.

At least it's not served on a gold plate with a napkin made of the Turin shroud, like most 'most expensive' foods are.

Does that mean that when you take a car seat out of a car it becomes just a seat?

I appreciate your line of thought, but I was simply thinking more along the lines of it being a topping, rather than a filling.

At least it's not served on a gold plate with a napkin made of the Turin shroud, like most 'most expensive' foods are.

Erm, it was actually. Well, almost. We used to serve it on a silver tray with a cloth napkin. Until it was withdrawn because ( a ) someone made one more expensive and ( b ) we only sold about 50 of them in a year.

We had some tandoori boneless chicken and little lamb kebab things left over from last night, reheated them and chopped em up a bit, stuck em in a sandwich with mayonaise, garlic and herb dressing, ketchup, lettuce, and tomatos, and ate it. It was so, so good.

I used to be a massive fan of the fish finger sandwich (mayo, ketchup, tomatoes, white bread) but lately I've started using those massive battered cod things you get. They take much longer as you have to make em in the oven rather than the grill, but they're great.

I tried Southern Fried chicken in a similar sandwich but the SF chicken was too strong, what do people recommend to offset the taste? I brought some Thousand Island dressing and didn't much like it, and some Branston sweet onion sauce but it was really thick (I was looking for something like the subway version).

Any good sauce recommendations? I love the subway ones but haven't been able to find Southwest sauce in tescos.