Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

James Ape

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43231.html?type=

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200....1525.24193.htm

fancy yourself an Uncharted fan? Well you’re not going to want to miss our next cover (sequel!). We’ve got Uncharted 2: Among Thieves featuring 10 pages of world-exclusive details. Nathan Drake returns with a whole new adventure which revolves around the 13th century explorer Marco Polo and his voyages. The new PlayStation 3 title will add a free climbing mechanic and stealth gameplay. Players can also expect all-new locations, characters and a focus on the game’s story. The new issue also feature the first details on Guitar Hero: Metallica plus tons of the latest news, previews, features and reviews. As an added bonus, we’ve also got the brand-new teaser trailer for Uncharted 2, so click the media tab above and enjoy!

I really enjoyed the first one. I hope they don't mess up the sequel.

I think the original Uncharted is pretty great, so all I really want from the sequel is a new location, fewer enemies, more exploration, and tighter movement with more weighty animation.

That teaser is a bit odd, though: his shirt's tucked in!

Apparently it's gonna be quite stealthy which I'm not too keen on.

You could kind of be stealthy in the first one — I think three broken necks in a row was the best I managed without being spotted — so as long as it's a case of making that more viable as opposed to forcing you into tip-toeing around, I think it should be fine. Given that the previous game was weighted more towards gunplay than anything else, I can't see Naughty Dog taking the ol' Splinter Cell "Too many alarms!" approach, anyway.

Apparently it's gonna be quite stealthy which I'm not too keen on.

It's Naughty Dog so I'm not really expecting 10/10. More like 8 or a possible 9. Really liked Uncharted though.

How do you know it's going to be quite stealthy?

I don't mind some stealth, hopefully they'll give you a choice on how to tackle a scenario.

I always thought they'd go the co-op route with Elena or some other character in Uncharted 2. I wonder if anyone aside from Drake will make a return.

Dev 1 "Can't do the jungle again can we...what can we do now??"

Dev 2 "SNOW!!"

Dev 1 "Oh...my...god..."

Dev 3 "Sod that check THIS out BABY!!...Uncharted 3 in egypt ! with sand! and then Uncharted 4 UNDERWATER! then Uncharted 5...VOLCANO! Lots of fire!"

Dev 1 "That's the series set up!!, ooooooh yeah we're goooood!!!"

This game is going to fail BIG TIME!

:D

Great news. I've only just completed the original and it was fantastic. I totally agree with the others too about the characters, the main trio were very well done. Hell even the bad guys had a bit of a good Indiana Jones baddie vibe about them.

A little less shooting and a bit more on the puzzle front and this could be very special.

Well, the combat spoiled the first game for me. Great platforming and a charming old-skool adventure movie atmosphere completely ruined by Gears of War combat with a bodycount that puts Rambo to shame. So, if stealth means that all combat is avoidable in Uncharted 2, then I'm all for it.

.::: Why was the s-word mentioned? I thought gaming was grown up enough to be finally over the Sam/Snake obsession... *sigh*

Still looks very enticing, but if this is going to focus on stealth, it can die on the spot.

I thinks its baffling that you seemingly don't have a problem with the made-to-appeal-to-American-teenagers combat of the first game, and yet condemn the sequel for apparently having an optional alternative to the Rambo-esque combat.

Edit: I won't be online for the rest of the day, but I look forward to reading your answer because you're one of the more sensible forumites here, and as a fan of the stealth-genre I'm going to have to call you out on your statement of 'stealth=childish' and 'going in all guns blazing=mature'

I thinks its baffling that you seemingly don't have a problem with the made-to-appeal-to-American-teenagers combat of the first game, and yet condemn the sequel for apparently having an optional alternative to the Rambo-esque combat.

Edit: I won't be online for the rest of the day, but I look forward to reading your answer because you're one of the more sensible forumites here, and as a fan of the stealth-genre I'm going to have to call you out on your statement of 'stealth=childish' and 'going in all guns blazing=mature'

Probably because there's a history of shoe-horning in awful stealth sections into otherwise good games, presumably at the mandate of some marketing committee. Now I have no problem with stealth games that are built for it from the ground up (Splinter Cell, Metal Gear...etc) or games where it's just presented as a viable alternative to combat (The Warriors). Hopefully stealth in Uncharted 2 will be more like my last example and not resemble the stealth of something like Jedi Knight 2.