Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

James Ape

I bloody knew it was going to be the year of the PS3 and we've not even had Heavy Rain yet.

:)

Ha, made me think given how crap some of the dialogue and delivery has looked in Heavy Rain so far, that ND have nailed every single cutscene in this. Mr Cage has been shown up- there is a proper game under this too :) It's not oscar winning stuff, but for a game and Indiana Jones style tale, they're fucking brilliant. The cool thing is you can watch any of them again in the main menu once you've seen them for the first time in game.

I've just played for about 3 hours and it's flown by! Up to Chapter 8, and it keeps on getting better and better! So many "WOW!" moments!

The storytelling, voice-acting and integration of cut-scenes is completely flawless!

Very impressed!

p.s. Chloe's eyes! :)

I agree. It's reminded me of playing the original Half-Life for the first time in terms of being constantly surprised by so many brilliant, grinning set-pieces. I've genuinely been playing open-mouthed.

A beautiful game, with easily the best use of in-game dialogue and interaction with NPCs. Chloe is possibly the hottest videogame character ever created.

Love it.

I hope there is some kind of map feature for the treasure like Batman? I can never be bothered collecting this stuff if there is no clue at all as to where they are. Also is it possible to pause cutscenes? Not dared to attempt it yet.

I hope there is some kind of map feature for the treasure like Batman? I can never be bothered collecting this stuff if there is no clue at all as to where they are. Also is it possible to pause cutscenes? Not dared to attempt it yet.

you can in uncharted, assume you can in this too... :)

Oh, terrible, terrible first proper level, though. Don't be put off by it.

I quite liked the first part of the game a lot! It's true though that it really steps it up after those early bits, but I loved them too :)

Here is a checklist from the changes between 1 and 2 that I love:

Better pacing of combat compared to everything else HELL YES

Stealth introduced giving you a legitimate option to take down enemies in more dynamic ways before or even shooting them HELL YES

Much more varied locations HELL YES

Better platforming with more actual platforming in some places HELL YES

More awesome characters and one liners HELL YES One of my faves being so far (not a spoiler at all, but might be nice to hear it for the first time in game)

"I'm so sick of climbing shit"

:)

Improved graphics to OMGWTFBBQ levels HELL YES

Better and more set pieces HELL YES

Awesome properly fleshed out multiplayer with matchmaking and co op HELL YES

Sections of the game being broken up and paced perfectly HELL YES

Improved Melee with cool little parry device- HELL YES

Damn Naughty Dog, damn.

The ads on the telly for this look ace... I've avoided all demos and trailers and stuff... just got my PS3 so will come in to this after finishing Uncharted.

These types of games are perfect for me and I'm so looking forward to playing through both of them. Just started Uncharted and got to the uboat on the cliff. Great great great amazing wonderful stuff.

Well, it didn't arrive today but this did:

post-2104-1255533012.jpg

I'm READY! Gonna have to whop it tomorrow night as I'm away all weekend :)

Great to see the feedback here though, sounds immense.

Altogether now, PS3 FOR LIFE, YO! 100m here we come!