Dash of Destruction - Free XBLA Game

northy

Why bother with a game? How long before they make adverts that give you gamer points if you watch them?

I think it's a prize winner from the XNA design competition thing they had which involves a professional team helping to finish the game for mass consumption. Winner gets their game made, we get 200 points, MS get some free content for XBLA and Doritos get some free advertising. Everyone wins really.

Anyway it's been tanned for the GPs and deleted now.

why would you play a shit game for gamerpoints. I have to admit to not understanding the point behind them, is it simply e-credability? I've never looked at someones score and thought 'wow!' I'd be more inclined to think they've got alot of time on their hands.

EDIT: wait, are these just 200 gamerscore thingys or actual points you can spend, obvs its good if it gives you a free 200 points to spend.

why would you play a shit game for gamerpoints. I have to admit to not understanding the point behind them, is it simply e-credability? I've never looked at someones score and thought 'wow!' I'd be more inclined to think they've got alot of time on their hands.

EDIT: wait, are these just 200 gamerscore thingys or actual points you can spend, obvs its good if it gives you a free 200 points to spend.

Each gamerpoint equals one Dorito. So you get 200 free Doritos in a jiffy bag which has been lost by Royal Mail for 6 months down the back of a radiator in the sorting office, then sat on by a flatulent postman for six hours whilst on his tea break. The coup de grâce is a spring loaded mechanism in the jiffy bag, which showers you with mouldy corn snacks, once opened. There's also an extra special note from Mike Borland, informing you that he is Mike Borland.