IGNORED

Outrun Online Arcade

Harmunt

*puts lip in cheek*

There will be some people who have a quantity of points in their account that is between 800 and 1200. These people would need to add points to their account to buy it at 1200 but not at 800.

You're making a lot of assumptions here. How do you know the amount of MSP most 360 owners have spare in their account at any given time? The answer is - you don't.

But there aren't any people who would buy it at 1200 but not buy it at 800, whereas there are people who would buy it at 800, but not at 1200. There will therefore be *some* number of extra sales at 800 points.

It's possible, but it's still just conjecture. Without looking at actual data, it's still an unknown. XBLA prices have been rising on average, so I'm not sure it's always the case. The reason I was making comparisons with budget PC games (some of which have found their way onto XBLA, so it's a perfectly fair means of comparison) is because aparently there is no correlation between price and sales (within the $20 region) with PC releases. This is what I've read on forums, and I think JPickford has mentioned it at some stage too (what he's heard off fellow indie developers).

When you play online and the leader goes left when you wanted right do you immediately quit out?

LOL. No. As you know panda, there's no satisfaction in quiting unless you know you're ruining someone elses game. Anyway, unlike Halo, all the courses here are good ones.

The single player is ace, online is a 50-50 chance of getting a blue wall for me. And I'm not torrenting donkeys or anything.

Is this limited to the XBL version? I've hammered the PSN version since launch, and haven't ran into any blue screen problems, or any problems at all really.

My first online glitch \o/

Me and my mate got to the junction at pretty much the same time. I wasn't having any of the next route he wanted to take so I tried my best to smash him into the lane I wanted. He wasn't having any of it and managed to escape my grinding grip and we disappeared down different lanes. Now my end it registered the lane I wanted and I saw him fly straight through the red barrier. We were speaking over headsets and the game carried on fine for him and carried on fine for me, although we were playing on different routes and couldn't see each other. The first person to the checkpoints then got to force the other player to the left or right route, sending them on the harder/longer routes :)

Is this limited to the XBL version? I've hammered the PSN version since launch, and haven't ran into any blue screen problems, or any problems at all really.

Happened to me on my FIRST! online game, was a bit pissed tbh, I waited for the first race to finish and it was on Continuous Outrun mode.

A game so nice, I bought it twice (psn/xbla)

I pumped at least £10 week into the arcade machine when it was released for months, bought the Xbox version, a PSP and a copy of this off the Boatman on this very forum, Outrun 2006 C2C and now this version.

I'd say it was worth 800 points.