Outrun Online Arcade

Harmunt

This is rllmuk and this is an old game. If it's more than 400pts you'll have a certain section screaming down you neck that you're ripping them off.

Those people should probably be aware that arcade Outrun 2 SP is £450 JUST FOR THE DISC (i.e. no Chihiro motherboad - thats another £500-750 and no cabinet). Any amount of points will make this an utter bargain in comparison

Through what, the PS3? I didn't think it was compatible. :wub:

I don't think any of them look 'far' better as they're all much the same. PC version looks nice and sharp in high res, though (HUD/menus aside).

It's not compatible since Sony released the europen PS3, but the original JPN & US PS3 are full 100% BC

Those people should probably be aware that arcade Outrun 2 SP is £600 JUST FOR THE DISC (i.e. no Chihiro motherboad - thats another £500-750 and no cabinet). Any amount of points will make this an utter bargain in comparison

:wub:

Yes, because that's an appropriate comparison.

• 2 weeks later...
Outrun Coast to Coast is already backwards compatible with the 360, has more modes and online play. What's the benefit of buying this version, apart from achievements?

Stable Framerate, support a decent Developer, looks sexier, Online with people playing, ease of having it on the hard drive, FUN!

Stable Framerate, support a decent Developer, looks sexier, Online with people playing, ease of having it on the hard drive, FUN!

Not that much then, supported them 3 times already. People will be online at the start and then after a time they'll be no people online. Just like the first two games that people played at first and then left as it really does not suit extended play. For me I have the first two games and paying again for only a few benefits does not intrest me. If you've not got Outrun sure it's a great game but for me it's offering less than I already have.

Now give 360 owners GTI Club as well.

best looking console version.

480p @ 60Hz upscaled to 720p looks a hundred times sharper and more colourful than the soft, slightly blurry image you get out of a PAL xbox even with the official RGB cable. the blame lies with MS there though.

sure there's a little slowdown in places but the overall sharpness makes up for it.

and yeah, i haven't played the PC version.

As Dreamcastmaster mentions, apparently the 360 version's BC, so that'll be the best looking console version :)

Through what, the PS3? I didn't think it was compatible. :)

I don't think any of them look 'far' better as they're all much the same. PC version looks nice and sharp in high res, though (HUD/menus aside).

ps2 component out through my Onkyo TXSR 606. it upscales everything to 720p (or 1080i) HDMI out.

Anything but. The Xbox version chugs badly on 360. Still a lovely game though.

I tried the original on the 360 this morning. It seems to have lost some of the anti aliasing (it has a bit of shimmering), but it only seems to lose a few frames on the odd corner.