IGNORED

Sushi kit

erhgiez

Right my girlfriend really likes sushi, so for christmas I'm going to get her everything she will need to make her own, but Ive seen the sushi kits and they are a bit pricy for what you get so I figured I can pull my own together. Ive seen loads of sites recomending lots of different things but I need to know what the essentialsl are, Id like to also get some nice little plates and bowls as well. Does anyone know where I can find this kinda of stuff on a typical highstreet, along with the ingredients?

If you live anywhere near London, I'd recommend getting down to the Japan Centre in Piccadilly as it sells everything you'd need. They also have a website but I'm not sure if it's too late for deliveries now or what. http://www.japancentre.com/

You'll need some:

Sushi Vinegar

Sushi Rice

Nori - if she wants to make rolls (maki)

Cloth

Rice bowl thing could be useful

Bamboo rolling mat

Good chopsticks

Rice paddle

That's pretty much it. I think.

• 3 weeks later...

God I love homemade sushi. It tastes like regular sushi, only there's more of it and it's FREE.

I've also noticed as time is progressing, I'm using more and more wasabi. The perfect amount is to use as much as possible without it making your eyes water.