IGNORED

Dredd 3D

Goose

Actually, something I always wondered about the comics was, given the sheer mind-boggling size of Mega City One (isn't it almost the entire US eastern seaboard?), did Dredd just hang around a small/normal portion/district/area or did he roam the whole thing? Because shit, if I knew there was a fucking mentally rock hard superbastard lawman but he only covered, say, Birmingham to Nottingham, I'd never leave Geordieland.

I was reading an old prog last night and the Dredd story was great. He had to bust an illegal retro-comics dealer who was selling single comics at a low price and, because the vintage titles were so great, the kids would get addicted and be forced into paying ever higher prices for new issues. I'm sure there must be an allegory in there but it's so subtle I just can't work it out...

post-1027-0-92850100-1345654405.jpg

Doesn't appear to have been rated by the BBFC yet. I know it's R in the US, wonder if we'll see the rare 18?

Yeah I did a search out of curiosity but couldn't find anything on the BBFC website. Maybe it's just me, but going from reviews/reports of the film this could be the second best action film this year after The Raid. I hope :D (though to be fair that wouldn't really be that hard with the state of action films these days :( )

Wouldn't a drug that made everything go in slow motion get a bit boring? Once you've watched the 'Katy Perry in an elmo top' videos on youtube, what else is there to do?

On the plus side the inevitable bit near the end where Dredd takes the drug so he can shoot everyone in slow motion is going to be awesome :wub:

4Kfps stuff is brilliant to watch though, I'll watch this just for those shots, anything else is a bonus

100% on rottentomatoes at the moment, from 8 reviews.

3 Stars from Total Film -

Stomping forward like an old-school Verhoeven movie, Dredd keeps you hooked with blunt charisma and some deadpan mega-violence.
Grungy, compact and delightfully violent, Dredd wants to hit you as hard as it can. The sequel may be the movie you really want, but for now, justice has been done.

Their main issue is that it is plot-lite, saying The Raid had more story to it than this.

SFX don't appear to do a star rating but they really liked it -

The word is out Earthlets, and the word is zarjaz. It’s official: Dredd is fantastic, and we can all rejoice that finally 2000AD’s finest has the movie he deserves. Making its debut at San Diego Comic Con, Dredd is 90-odd minutes of pure exhilaration. Thank Tharg for that.

For example, there is sight of a man being skinned alive and sight of a man's face burning and disintegrating. In one scene a man pulls a woman's head towards his crotch, after which we see blood around her mouth, implying she has bitten off his penis.

:omg: