IGNORED

Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

robdood

No where near? Calm down, Mr hyperbole.

I think that name is probably better suited to the hype train BB players acting like they already know it's a classic a few weeks after release :P

Like I said, it's a 9 but for me the massive decrease in character and equipment diversity, more oblique story and lack of variety in the environments and characters makes it a lesser game than Dark Souls. Whilst at the moment we're in the honeymoon phase, I fully expect people to reasses the degree of praise they're lavishing on it a year down the line when there's nothing left to do or find in it but still even more to discover in Dark Souls.

It's a great game, but I won't still be obsessively playing it in a year because there's just not as much to do or see.

Me too, but it needs Stockpile Thomas back :)

I'd also like it if they re-introduce a limit on the amount of stuff you can carry as well as equipment load. It gave me a real sense that I needed to be prepared before setting out.

Oh and more dragons :)

I'd also like it if they re-introduce a limit on the amount of stuff you can carry as well as equipment load. It gave me a real sense that I needed to be prepared before setting out.

This is the one thing I hope they never bring back.

Dark Souls 2 *is* great! And Bloodborne is easily more consistently good than Dark Souls! Edit: and I'd say its more consistently good than Demon's, too.

Carry weight was rubbish, man. Sure, preparation is fun, but man by the end of my firstplaythrough of Demon's I found using stockpile Thomas more annoying than cute.

Bloodborne's a much more consistently good game than Dark Souls.

It's opinions obviously but where you see consistency I feel a hint of repetition. These games attract many different types of people, and that will be reflected in the responses.

What I would say though is that there's some areas, such as guiding and rewarding the player, where Dark Souls is very much an objectively better game. Maybe you prefer not to have that stuff, but Bloodborne's attempts are much worse than Dark's when it seems like they're trying to do the same thing. The combat and mechanics are heavily refined in BB so if that's your primary focus it's an amazing sequel. If you enjoyed exploring more varied environments and being rewarded for that, or enjoyed RPing as different classes, or enjoyed trying out substantially different combat, equipment and weapon styles then Bloodborne isn't quite so impressive.

Like I said, it's an amazing game. But for me it is fundementally a differently balanced version of one of my favourite games of all time, and I don't think all of the changes are for the better.

I'll give you variation, but the world of Bloodborne is the best intricately designed world so far of all the Souls games. And in terms of atmosphere it's way up there with Tower of Latria and none of the areas in Dark come close in that regard.

But what the hey, they're all great for different reasons and I love them all :D

Sun, this is a Forum, where you discuss stuff, and this being a Demon's Souls thread, there is bound to be some "discussion" about the other Souls games... :D

Rather then sticking a grumpy post in here, why not plop a Demon's related thing in to help steer it back, because you clearly must have something valid to say about Demon's Souls, other wise you wouldn't be in here right?

Sun, this is a Forum, where you discuss stuff, and this being a Demon's Souls thread, there is bound to be some "discussion" about the other Souls games... :D

Rather then sticking a grumpy post in here, why not plop a Demon's related thing in to help steer it back, because you clearly must have something valid to say about Demon's Souls, other wise you wouldn't be in here right?

Check my post history, probably 50% is Demon's related the other 50 % is about Dark. I just think it's a bit annoying that the same individuals are having the same discussion in all three threads.

I have the fondest memories of staying up 'til 5-6am (to allow for the time difference) so i could host PvP sessions in 4-1 with all the Japanese players. The gaming etiquette and general vibe was just wonderful, especially considering we had only a handful of emotes with which to communicate. :wub:

I beat the armour spider :)

Me too! :D

I started this for the second time last week, then started again today with a much more sensible class. My new wanderer is great fun to play, and after reading up a bit I've got him a lovely new Uchigatana which I've started reinforcing. I got the Crescent Falchion +1 as well which has been a great stop-gap.

Demon's Souls is the only Souls game I've yet to finish. I got to some point in the Tower of Latria on my first go before getting distracted by something else, but I'm determined to finish it this time. I took out the Armour Spider today after about five attempts, and got the familiar Souls wave of elation, so I'm properly hooked now.

I beat tower knight too. Or should I say TK sorry spoilers!!!

The game is infinitely better than blood borne, the sense of scale is amazing, the nexus is one of the greatest piece of game design. I keep finding myself trying to hit enemies back as fast as I can after taking damage.

Any tips for a beastly sword? I've done 11 12 21 and have the shield from sneaking up on the dragon.

It is. Bloodborne is a good game, but the souls are great games. Despite being an entire generation agree the characters and designs are timeless, you cannot deny Matilda yurts and patches ( I mean M Y and P) are far more intriguing than man in a hat who likes music boxes.

The TK alone offers more character and sense of scale than anything I saw in bloodborne. Perhaps the only thing that comes close is the final battle of BB.

The gameplay is much deeper, every weapon feels totally different and offers totally new playthroughs. I am yet to ever even use magic or bows but imagine it again is totally different. In BB the weapons whilst looking different are shallow and select few are worth using full stop. The NPC interactions in the souls are deep and obscure, in BB you generally talk to a voice through a window with little chance to develop the relationships or even see what they look like

I'm excited to get deeper into demon souls, despite loving the series iv never actually finished one so I am hoping that by focusing on them solely il get all three completed in the end. I've probably spent more time watching the souls games on YouTube than I have spent playing most games such is my appreciation for them.

I feel the souls games have all passed the test of time, yet in a few months people will be bored of BB.