Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

robdood

I think having items for health kind of spoils that key Souls fun for me in two ways. 1, it means if you run out you have to farm which is annoying. 2, in Dark Souls, if I'm stuck on a boss I know I have to get better to beat it. With this there's always that temptation to just go and farm items and brute force through it a bit. I know it's not that easy but there's something so great about having the limitations and knowing you have to get through something with what you already have.

That being said good sweet lord this is good. I know the forum ghost of Smitty would shout at me for saying it but having it looking absolutely spectacular and sounding better than pretty much any other game I've played really helps sell this in as a new experience. I've never played Demon's before but have played the others so many times the formula was starting to feel a little stale, but this has got its hooks into me in that perfect Soulsy "I am thinking about it whilst working/eating/sleeping" way. 

4 hours ago, jonamok said:

So, where are the 180 game play help videos located in this? I fundamentally don’t understand the PS5’s shite UI.

If I hit the PS button, or hover over the game icon in the Home screen I just get a couple of activity cards for levels I’m playing through. What am I missing?

While you’re in the game, double tap the PS button. If you click on the current objective it brings up the relevant hint videos. 

I feel like I'm missing something in this game, I seem to be dying an awful lot. I read some of the comments on here about people jumping in level 1-1 and running through without dying and I can only assume they must have played this before as that would have be unimaginable for me. 

Anyway, I've slogged on through countless deaths and have got as far defeating the tower knight and am now dying repeatedly on level 2-1. I think I've missed the leveling up mechanic somehow and I've only just learnt how to use magic (playing as a Knight) - I have the plate armour on and I'm using the claymore (+3) which requires 2 hands. Should I be switching back to a one handed weapon and using a shield? This game just feels so deep and I've no idea what I'm doing :o :D

3 minutes ago, RK1D said:

I feel like I'm missing something in this game, I seem to be dying an awful lot. I read some of the comments on here about people jumping in level 1-1 and running through without dying and I can only assume they must have played this before as that would have be unimaginable for me. 

Anyway, I've slogged on through countless deaths and have got as far defeating the tower knight and am now dying repeatedly on level 2-1. I think I've missed the leveling up mechanic somehow and I've only just learnt how to use magic (playing as a Knight) - I have the plate armour on and I'm using the claymore (+3) which requires 2 hands. Should I be switching back to a one handed weapon and using a shield? This game just feels so deep and I've no idea what I'm doing :o :D

If you can beat the Tower Knight then you can beat the game. Without knowing what the hell you're specifically up to I'd suggest using a shield in general as otherwise you're extreme glass cannoning, and trying out some different weapons on different areas.

15 minutes ago, RK1D said:

It sounds like you're new to the Souls experience. Apologies if this is incorrect. Don't worry, I am generally terrible at these types of games but have beaten this (on PS3) plus Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Often it is a case of dogged persistence plus farming souls and levelling up that will get you through. If you're stuck on a section or boss then there's no shame in spending time just gathering souls to increase all your stats.

The good part of this game is that there are quite a few different areas to explore and loads of harvesting sites.

You died.

Good luck.

15 minutes ago, RK1D said:

I think I've missed the leveling up mechanic somehow and I've only just learnt how to use magic (playing as a Knight) - I have the plate armour on and I'm using the claymore (+3) which requires 2 hands. Should I be switching back to a one handed weapon and using a shield? This game just feels so deep and I've no idea what I'm doing :o :D

This may be a silly question, but you have spoken to the Maiden in black again after killing the 1-1 boss?

That opens up the skill levelling mechanic.

3 minutes ago, MrSpiggott said:

This may be a silly question, but you have spoken to the Maiden in black again after killing the 1-1 boss?

I killed the first boss and she started saying to go do something but I can’t see what it is I’m meant to do

11 minutes ago, MrSpiggott said:

I beat the first boss, went to the nexus and she sent me to speak to the monumental. Not spoke to the maiden since... I guess I need to go speak to her to open the levelling up? 

12 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

What bald kid

Spoiler

At the top of the stairs in the nexus, you will reach a balcony where you are beneath the huge statue.  When you are facing the huge statue go to the left, there is a row of statues along the wall.  The statues look like bald dolls, the one you need to speak to, their head follows you as you move and the candle in front of them is lit. Talk to them. :)