Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

40 minutes ago, skittles said:

Nice intel. I will have a play around on a new mode and try to reduce the grain.

As @MrSpiggott has said, HDR and projectors don't really mix well, at least not yet. As for the grain, there is film grain applied to the game that you can turn off in the options...

50 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

You can't sell shit. I don't know why it keeps giving you so much garbage. 

They don't call him Pawnshop Thomas I guess.

I'm so confused about the Prison of Hope. I've found a key that lets out a dude, but it's a different dude to the dude I'm looking to find a key to let out. The layout is still getting engraved on my brain so I'm constantly lost. I keep shanking Cthulhus and they keep FosRohDahing me. I'm having the best time. Game of the Year.

On 25/11/2020 at 17:52, Harrisown said:

rumour has it that Metal Gear Solid is next.

Funny, DS made me think of MGS yesterday for a completely different reason: with the bow & arrow if you've pulled the trigger you can ease back off it to not fire like MGS2 and Twin Snakes.

38 minutes ago, Thor said:

When in human form, I noticed a blue message rather than the usual orange, and it was to summon a phantom, I thought that was another player to bring in and fight, am I mistaken?

That's to bring a player to help you.

2 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

For anyone who played the original, is anything lost by not having the loading screen info?

loading screens only had pictures of NPCs with their names (from what I remember). I guess all you lose is wondering who the character is if you’ve never seen them.

Finally got the Platinum Trophy for this. NG was a breeze as I've played DeS before, and I managed to have a Dragon Longsword +5 by the end of 2-2, which kills virtually everything in 1 or 2 hits, but man I was totally ill prepared for NG+ and the anguish it would bring. I'd completely forgot how much of a jump in difficulty it is from the other souls games & went into it with a Pure Black character which made it even harder & I was also only level 60 (although the Northern Regalia is a good weapon in that instance) - Top tip for anyone at the end Grind out all the upgrades & souls you need before jumping into NG+ as farming for materials is a real nightmare on NG+

It wasn't an easy slog, but I'm chuffed I've done it. Its taken me three full playthroughs, and part of a 4th along with my sanity to get the 5-3 boss soul for my final spell. I think the new Trophies Bluepoint have introduced are much better than the old grinds from the original as they give new incentives to try & beat easier bosses. 

spacer.png

Well done @Sexton Hardcastle in juts over a week too! So I was wondering what you said about NG+ being much worse than the other Souls games, why is it harder in Demons? Also why is farming harder? The 3 playthrough's I'm guessing are needed for the Magic and Faith trophies right? Please no end spoilers as I know nothing of that yet and judging by their other games I need to end it different ways? 

In Dark Souls when you start a NG+ you almost feel like a God because you’re so massively overpowered compared to the grunts from the starting areas. In Demons they are much tougher right from the start. You can be one shotted by some enemies in 1-1 & grunts in 2-1 so it does not fuck about. 

There were a few enemies I had to farm where you maybe would have done 30-40 runs from the archstone in order to get a drop, but now you could be killed 8 out of 10 times. So farm where you can before finishing!!

Some Boss Souls can make 3 (and one makes 4) items, so these will probably be the last things you complete. 

Also I was pleasantly surprised to see they have a new ring which makes 5-2 sooooo much more manageable. Of course I didn’t know that when trying to kill the Phantom NPC there. That fight & some annoyances on 4-2+ we’re definitely points where I was considering giving up! Oh, and the Maneater fight too obviously, that’s just luck (bad luck even) at times!!!

44 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Finally got the Platinum Trophy for this. NG was a breeze as I've played DeS before, and I managed to have a Dragon Longsword +5 by the end of 2-2, which kills virtually everything in 1 or 2 hits, but man I was totally ill prepared for NG+ and the anguish it would bring. I'd completely forgot how much of a jump in difficulty it is from the other souls games & went into it with a Pure Black character which made it even harder & I was also only level 60 (although the Northern Regalia is a good weapon in that instance) - Top tip for anyone at the end Grind out all the upgrades & souls you need before jumping into NG+ as farming for materials is a real nightmare on NG+

It wasn't an easy slog, but I'm chuffed I've done it. Its taken me three full playthroughs, and part of a 4th along with my sanity to get the 5-3 boss soul for my final spell. I think the new Trophies Bluepoint have introduced are much better than the old grinds from the original as they give new incentives to try & beat easier bosses. 

spacer.png

...and there was me fending of yet another Bluetooth equipped gang stealing thousands of pounds worth of stock and having them have a go at me in the process while you were at work making the platinum happen.

I feel almost guilty.

55 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

spacer.png

Did you need the Providential ring for the Ring trophies?

2 hours ago, Minion said:

Just did 5-2, OMG fuck that place! only 1-4 left now...

That's what I am doing tonight, or in my next session

Need to get to pure black on World 3 now for a few items, then to move to 5-2

21 minutes ago, Minion said:

Is anyone up for helping me get world 2 into PWWT? Happy to repay the favour too, it's the only one I screwed up as I didn't know about dying in human form.

I can help tomorrow if that's any use.  Just turned off for the evening now, can be on mid morning if that's any use

Final boss is destroying me, need to level up a bit before trying again

Just now, MikeF said:

I can help tomorrow if that's any use.  Just turned off for the evening now, can be on mid morning if that's any use

Final boss is destroying me, need to level up a bit before trying again

Thanks Mike I'll hit you up if I see you on tomorrow,

Spoiler

just gave the Makato to the NPC in 4-1 only for him to attack me with it so now that's no longer white either!

Oh dear if you;re struggling with the final boss it must be hard!

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

I keep getting knocked off the bridge in the Maneater fight. Starting to get the feeling this may go the way of Sekrio, where I get to certain boss and then sack it off. This is better than Sekiro though.

I found enchanting my sword with magic and destroying the first one helped a lot, and then trying to bait the frontal charge attacks, if you need a hand shout as my +5 sharp Uchigatan with Light Weapon cast on it seems to destroy most things very quickly!